Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

what can we expect if lickliter is our new head coach?
Bookmark and Share
EMUAARON Offline
1st String

I Root For: Hurons
what can we expect if lickliter is our new head coach?
according to the news, Lickliter is the front-runner to be introduced as head coach. if this is the case, what can we expect?

here are some things i've found from a cursory review of articles about him:
- high academic achievement
- emphasis on community engagement
- emphasis on defense
- patient offense
- emphasis on fundamentals

what else do people know about the man? does anyone watch big ten games? i don't remember those Butler teams well enough to draw any conclusions from them.
04-18-2011 09:34 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

emu79 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: emu
RE: what can we expect if lickliter is our new head coach?
That all sounds promising.

I wonder what assistants he will bring on.

I wonder about the $$$$ in terms of amount.

What are his recruiting skills and what was his favorite recruiting territories at Iowa and Butler?
04-18-2011 09:59 AM
Dennis D. Rachwal Offline
1st String

I Root For: Eagles
At Butler, he had an offense that shot a lot of 3 balls. 3 perimeter shooters and two post players. Hoosier basketball! Most Butler players were Indiana HS products.
04-18-2011 10:04 AM
1st String

In regards to assistants, I've suggested (everyone has an opinion) that Andy Moore be retained, he would help in the transition since he knows all the players, old system etc. He also has a lot of recruiting contacts in Oh, IL and yes even in IN. Also has Michigan contacts as well.

Lickliter would also need to hire someone with recruiting contactys in the state of Michigan so that we can compete with other state schools for talent.

I'm sure he has some people in mind.

Comments are welcome.
04-18-2011 10:11 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
I also believe that in addition to 9 years of HC experience, Lickliter is very much a straight shooter and very honorable person.

Regarding assistants:

One of the negotiating points, I'm sure, between any prospective head coach and any university is the number of dollars for assistant coaches salaries.

Whether he gets good assistants or if he has to hire inexperienced ones may, in large part, be a function of the number of salary dollars he has.

Some coaches might be leary of taking a position if there isn't enough dollars to hire a good set of asst coaches.
04-18-2011 10:21 AM
1st String

WHERE WILL LICKLITER GET THE SHOOTERS FROM FOR HIS OFFENSE? PLENTY OF BALL ROTATION, 3 SHOOTERS AND 2 BOARDMEN = BUTLER OFFENSE DURING HIS TENURE THERE. CAN'T SPEAK FOR HIS TENURE AT IOWA, MAYBE SOMEONE ELSE CAN. I'M SURE HE CAN BE SOMEWHAT FLEXIBLE.

P.S. SOME KIDS DON'T LIKE TO PLAY IN 3 POINT SHOOTING OFFENSES. MORE SLASHERS OUT THERE THAN SHOOTERS.

WE'LL SEE, NOW LICKLITER NEEDS TO GET SOME PLAYERS AND NEEDS TO ADJUST TO WHAT HE HAS.
04-18-2011 10:28 AM
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
BTW, one thing which Todd has going for him and it is a big + to me is his age.

He turned 56 yesterday.

Hopefully he will our 'Jim Larranaga' (George Mason).

Larranaga is in his early 60s, I believe, and is content to coach at Mason until he retires. He isn't interested in moving on at his age.

If Lickliter turns around EMU he could be tempted to stay say 10 years. Doubt at age 60+ he'd look to move to a new rebuilding job.

The biggest problem I'd see with a Fife is that many young coaches will look for the next step up the coaching ladder and only stay a few years at a mid-major school.
04-18-2011 10:48 AM
1st String

Is Lickliter our next head coach? No confirmation to date!

Other viable candidates?
04-19-2011 10:23 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.