East
UAB
Memphis
USM
Marshall
ODU**
Troy**/WKU**

EDIT: Trololol. 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot 05-stirthepot
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2011 11:07 AM by TampaKnight.)
04-13-2011 10:27 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

shiftyeagle Offline
Deus Vult

I Root For: Southern Miss
RE: If Houston or Houston/UCF/ECU leaves...
03-puke03-banghead
04-13-2011 11:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
Not really. I'd hate to see anyone leave because I'm not liking the teams we'd be replacing them with
04-13-2011 11:07 AM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
(04-13-2011 11:07 AM)gotigers1 Wrote:  Not really. I'd hate to see anyone leave because I'm not liking the teams we'd be replacing them with

That's why I'm not a huge fan of a Big East move by UCF if they get invited. I would hate to leave all the other C-USA schools in the dust because they are really a joy to hang around with and compete. 04-rock
04-13-2011 11:09 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
gotigers1 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers!
If we have to replace anyone, I'd rather look North for replacements than South

I'd look at Temple, Bowling Green or Miami-Ohio before Troy, WKU or ODU.

Brittany seems obsessed with Texas so I'm sure UNT would be a shoo-in to replace Houston if they were to get scooped up.
04-13-2011 11:15 AM
SouthernPirate55 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ECU
If UCF or UH, leaves, is there any chance someone from the west makes the jump to the mwc?
04-13-2011 11:26 AM
Advertisement

mistabinks Offline
Glory Road Resident

I Root For: UTEP Miners
(04-13-2011 11:26 AM)SouthernPirate55 Wrote:  If UCF or UH, leaves, is there any chance someone from the west makes the jump to the mwc?

Good question. The only way UTEP laterally jumps to the MWC is if we lose a Texas school. Not sure it happens even if that occurs.

If we lose three schools from the east, I wouldn't be surprised to see the CUSA West (and possibly Memphis) schools start their own conference. Again, not likely, but I wouldn't be shocked.
04-13-2011 11:31 AM
SublimeKnight Offline
All American

I Root For: UCF
(04-13-2011 11:26 AM)SouthernPirate55 Wrote:  If UCF or UH, leaves, is there any chance someone from the west makes the jump to the mwc?

I think that's the big fear. If one team leaves, CUSA adds someone else and while it would hurt, it wouldn't be devastating. If 2 or more teams leave, there might be a cascade effect (like the WAC had) and when the dust settles 5 or more teams might leave.

If 3 CUSA teams go to the BE, some predict a BE split would occur (between the football and bball-only schools). If Memphis isn't in the BE, I could see them joining whatever new BBall conference is formed by the old BE BB members + the best of the A10 and move football to the MAC.

It could get real ugly for CUSA.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2011 11:44 AM by SublimeKnight.)
04-13-2011 11:42 AM
Pony94 Offline

I Root For: SMU
Might be why SMU is announcing the $20,000,000 gift from the Moody Foundation for basketball upgrades and 60 mil for other athletic upgrades
04-13-2011 11:56 AM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

The 9 remaining schools would be a fine conference.
04-13-2011 11:58 AM
SublimeKnight Offline
All American

(04-13-2011 11:58 AM)Chappy Wrote:  The 9 remaining schools would be a fine conference.

It may be and for east coast teams, there's not much of a choice. But for TX teams, they could go to the MWC. All it takes is one to make the jump and more might follow. How would you feel about a conference with say 6 remaining members?
04-13-2011 12:04 PM
Advertisement

b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(04-13-2011 12:04 PM)SublimeKnight Wrote:  
(04-13-2011 11:58 AM)Chappy Wrote:  The 9 remaining schools would be a fine conference.

It may be and for east coast teams, there's not much of a choice. But for TX teams, they could go to the MWC. All it takes is one to make the jump and more might follow. How would you feel about a conference with say 6 remaining members?

Truthfully, I would not want to be in the league if we had to play all the TX teams every year. If they left we could always try to add Temple, get ODU to move up, one of the F_U's and we wouldn't be that much worse off.
04-13-2011 12:09 PM
transitt Offline
The William Hung of Memphis music

I Root For: A fresh start
Last I checked, RC Johnson is still memphis' athletic director. We'll likely end up in the ovc.
04-13-2011 12:11 PM
SublimeKnight Offline
All American

(04-13-2011 12:09 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

Truthfully, I would not want to be in the league if we had to play all the TX teams every year. If they left we could always try to add Temple, get ODU to move up, one of the F_U's and we wouldn't be that much worse off.

Georgia State wouldn't be a bad addition either (if they'd move up). They play in the GA Dome as an FCS team.
04-13-2011 12:13 PM
b0ndsj0ns Offline
Legend

(04-13-2011 12:13 PM)SublimeKnight Wrote:  
(04-13-2011 12:09 PM)b0ndsj0ns Wrote:  

Georgia State wouldn't be a bad addition either (if they'd move up). They play in the GA Dome as an FCS team.

Oh I agree completely. I actually think there are better long term candidates in the FCS ranks. ODU, Georgia State, JMU, and UNCC have a lot more growth potential than a majority of Sun Belt teams in my opinion.
04-13-2011 12:32 PM
C2__ Offline
Caltex2

I Root For: Houston, PVAMU
A commuter school in the transient, fair weather, Sun Belt city of Atlanta that already has to compete with GA Tech in Downtown ATL and not to mention the big behemoth of the state, Georgia.

Yeah GA State has so much potential.
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2011 05:26 PM by C2__.)
04-13-2011 12:32 PM
Advertisement

HerdZoned Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Herd

Folding@NCAAbbsCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
(04-13-2011 11:15 AM)gotigers1 Wrote:  If we have to replace anyone, I'd rather look North for replacements than South

I'd look at Temple, Bowling Green or Miami-Ohio before Troy, WKU or ODU.

Brittany seems obsessed with Texas so I'm sure UNT would be a shoo-in to replace Houston if they were to get scooped up.

BUGS and Little Miami will never leave the MAC. Little Miami is a charter member of the MAC and has been there since 1947. BUGS came in 5 years later in 1952. After Toledo said no in 04 I don't see going back there again if we are raided.

The 1st school I think we would go after is Temple and it would have to be all or none. I wouldn't mind trying to go after Ohio, its the only MAC school I respect fully and the AD has been exploring options besides the MAC even though they are one of 3 charter MAC schools remaining.

With UNT building a new stadium Im sure BB would be on them like a horse fly on a big horse apple.

The only thing that would worry me is that LA Tech would be in the mix too, esp if we lost 3. I don't see if for 2 though.
04-13-2011 12:40 PM
utepader Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: utep
WEST
SMU
UTEP
Rice
Air Force (replaces UCF)
New Mexico (replaces Houston)
Colorado State/UTSA (replaces ECU )

EAST
Marshall
UAB
Memphis
Tulane
S. Miss
Tulsa (if ECU stays, remain in West)

MWAC who?
(This post was last modified: 04-13-2011 01:08 PM by utepader.)
04-13-2011 01:05 PM
Purple n Gold Offline
No Quarter!

I Root For: East Carolina
Back to the question of the thread.
If we 3 leave This conference has to make the best it can. look at your candidates of replacing the 3 wisely. dont jump to a school at the sound of their name. look through history, if they are willing to compete 110% and willing to upgrade facilities.
and if ECU leaves I will still post on CUSAbbs 04-cheers
04-13-2011 04:12 PM
Pelican Power Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Tulane, AAC
somethng is up....Villanova getting a cold shoulder lately....either the Big East feels they have satisfied their minimum to stay in the 6 Cartel Conferences and do not want to split up the money with another member or there is an underground movement with UCF or Houston to address the uneven number in the Big East...
04-13-2011 04:33 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.