Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Stetson New Men's Basketball Coach
Bookmark and Share
Stetson_1883 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Stetson Univers
Stetson New Men's Basketball Coach
So far Chris Capko and Glenn Wilkes Jr. (!) have been interviewed for the men's BB job.

Here's a bio on GW Jr.

http://www.rollinssports.com/ViewArticle...ID=1547222

They may hire a D2 WOMEN's head coach who has been at Rollins for over 25 years?? That would be embrassing.

Go Hats!
04-08-2011 11:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HatterFan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Stetson
RE: Stetson New Men's Basketball Coach
No, no no. It's ROB Wilkes that's the candidate, Glenn's other son. Rob Wilkes is an assistant at Old Dominion.
04-08-2011 04:33 PM
Stetson_1883 Offline
Bench Warmer

(04-08-2011 04:33 PM)HatterFan Wrote:  No, no no. It's ROB Wilkes that's the candidate, Glenn's other son. Rob Wilkes is an assistant at Old Dominion.

Ok, this makes more sense.

http://www.odusports.com/sports/m-baskbl...ert00.html

Thanks for the clarification.
04-08-2011 04:42 PM
Advertisement

Stetson_1883 Offline
Bench Warmer

How long does it take any capable AD to name a new head basketball coach?

Recruiting? Working out the team?

Tick Tock Tick Tock...
04-16-2011 08:39 AM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Here's a name for you. Assitant ETSU bball coach Scott Wagers. I know he's in the running and ETSU just posted a job on their website for new men's assistant basketball coach. Haven't heard of anyone leaving yet, but someone is.
(This post was last modified: 04-17-2011 12:07 PM by ETSUfan1.)
04-17-2011 12:06 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Stetson_1883 Offline
Bench Warmer

Courtesy of hoopdirt.com

"It looks like Stetson is finally ready to name a coach. This has been one of the longest searches of the off-season - Derek Waugh resigned on February 20th. I've got it from good sources that Stetson has made it's choice, and will announce the new coach at 1:45pm tomorrow. There were six finalists - two head coaches and four assistants. The only thing that I can confirm is that Embry-Riddle head coach Steve Ridder was one of the six. He interviewed a few weeks ago, but has decided to stay where he is. Apparently he is going to sign an contract extension that will keep him at the school through 2016. Old Dominion assistant Rob Wilkes has also interviewed and is believed to be in the final group. "

I'd welcome Rob Wilkes with open arms.
04-19-2011 01:23 PM
Baker Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Belmont
Apparently, Associate Head Coach of Belmont Casey Alexander just recently texted Belmont players to let them know that he would be the new head coach at Stetson University.

Edit: Here is a link to the story from the Belmont Student Paper: http://belmontvision.com/2011/04/19/alex...ead-coach/
(This post was last modified: 04-19-2011 04:00 PM by Baker.)
04-19-2011 03:54 PM
Advertisement

Stetson_1883 Offline
Bench Warmer

Thanks Baker. Yeah it's official...

http://www.gohatters.com/ViewArticle.dbm...=205140395

Hey Belmont fans, can you give us any of your opinions about this young man? He seems like a good pick.
04-20-2011 04:12 PM
Baker Offline
Bench Warmer

He has meant a lot to player development, especially point guard play, during his tenure. A great deal of our success last year was limiting turnovers and creating a lot defensively. He is probably going to change your defensive structure from that 3-2 zone to a down and dirty man-to-man that loves to create turnovers. He has been successful at Belmont for a long time and the administration at Stetson seem to be behind him. If he can win over the players quickly then expect to be back in the top 4 sooner rather than later.
04-21-2011 08:26 AM
Advertisement

HatterFan Offline
Special Teams

I'm really psyched about this hire - when I first heard Alexander was interested way back around the time Waugh was let go I hoped he'd be the guy.

Totally ready to start a new, winning, era of Stetson men's basketball.
04-21-2011 10:19 AM
KingofStetson Offline
Water Engineer

(04-21-2011 10:19 AM)HatterFan Wrote:  I'm really psyched about this hire - when I first heard Alexander was interested way back around the time Waugh was let go I hoped he'd be the guy.

Totally ready to start a new, winning, era of Stetson men's basketball.

The forced resignation of Derek Waugh and the emphasis on seeking quality applicants shows a true commitment by Dr. Libby to Men's Basketball, something that we never had with Douglas Lee and which is welcomed by thousands of Stetson fans.
A new era has begun.
Go Hatters!
04-25-2011 11:11 PM
BU_Insider Offline
Water Engineer

I've known Casey since i was 11 years old. I'm very happy for him and Sunni, and our entire athletic department is supportive of him chasing his dream though sad to see him go.

CA is a great motivator and stickler for fundamentals. He gets the best play out of the talent he is given and more importantly he recruits and cultivates intelligent basketball players. Be certain of this, CA has a GREAT opportunity at Stetson and he made it known that he wanted the job. Much like Belmont he now has good academic programs he can recruit to, and a core fan base he can energize. It will be a pleasure to finally see him staling the sidelines, rather than fighting the urge to get out of his seat on the bench.

Congrats Stetson, you got a proven winner.
04-26-2011 11:03 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.