Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Latest AP Poll
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
Latest AP Poll
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings

3 in top 10, 7 BE teams in top 25 with 4 receiving votes.

How did we get so many low seeds with all those ranked teams?
03-14-2011 04:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
RE: Latest AP Poll
Thank God these polls mean absolutely nothing in basketball ..
03-14-2011 05:36 PM
Find all posts by this user
Frank the Tank Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Illinois/DePaul
(03-14-2011 05:36 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  Thank God these polls mean absolutely nothing in basketball ..

AMEN!

Also, it's not as if though the NCAA Tournament committee even "seeded" the Big East teams differently than how the AP Poll would've done if we used the AP's S-Curve. The NCAA Tournament seedings exactly match their corresponding AP rankings for all BE teams except for St. John's (who is a "5-seed" according to the AP at #18 as opposed to the 6-seed that they are in reality). I'm not exactly sure what the complaint is here.

In contrast, the AP severely disagrees with the committee regarding Florida (AP "4-seed" at #15 instead of a 2-seed) and Texas (AP "2-seed" at #8 instead of a 4-seed).
03-14-2011 05:59 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(03-14-2011 05:59 PM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  In contrast, the AP severely disagrees with the committee regarding Florida (AP "4-seed" at #15 instead of a 2-seed) and Texas (AP "2-seed" at #8 instead of a 4-seed).

I think everyone is scratching their head about Florida. Kentucky is clearly the best team in the SEC, yet they got a 4 seed while UF got a 2 seed.

That's one reason the East looks like the most brutal of the regions.
03-14-2011 06:54 PM
bearcatmark Online

I Root For: the Deliverator
(03-14-2011 06:54 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(03-14-2011 05:59 PM)Frank the Tank Wrote:  In contrast, the AP severely disagrees with the committee regarding Florida (AP "4-seed" at #15 instead of a 2-seed) and Texas (AP "2-seed" at #8 instead of a 4-seed).

I think everyone is scratching their head about Florida. Kentucky is clearly the best team in the SEC, yet they got a 4 seed while UF got a 2 seed.

That's one reason the East looks like the most brutal of the regions.

Kentucky was definitely the better team on Sunday, but they also finished 3 games behind Florida in the SEC (and played the same SEC schedule outside of the games against each other). I don't think their seeding differences are as big a deal as others. That said I think UK is playing great ball and if they can get by Huggs (Huggs has this little ownership of Coach Cal), I think they could make the final four.
03-14-2011 07:25 PM
Advertisement

wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia
I don't even bother to pay attention to any of the polls in BB. Totally meaningless
03-14-2011 07:29 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
I agree, crazed. It's just a popularity contest...
03-14-2011 07:40 PM
Bearcats#1 Offline
Ad nauseam King

I Root For: Pony94
well....agree to a point but I think recruits look at the polls. And if you are top 25 you are more likely to get your games highlights on espn vs not ranked so again, from a recruiting standpoint this is big.
03-14-2011 08:48 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
SF, besides the evidence doesn't even support your claim. The BE has only two teams seeded below #6 (Marquette and Villanova). That would imply that nine teams are "ranked" in the top 24.

There are five teams seeded four or above, which correlates directly to the five teams currently in the top 16.
03-14-2011 10:53 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.