UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
After season tournaments...
NCAA-Akron
NIT-Kent
CIT-Buffalo, OU and WMU
CBI- MU

virtually all teams that are above .500 make a tournament, why does the MAC only have 6 teams! WE need to do better than one to the NCAA and one to the NIT03-banghead Pick up the slack, MAC. I want 2 teams in the NCAA tourny next year...chop, chop.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2011 01:08 AM by UofToledoFans.)
03-13-2011 09:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OSUFALCON Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: BGSU
RE: After season tournaments...
(03-13-2011 09:31 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  NCAA-Akron
NIT-Kent
CIT-Buffalo, OU and WMU
CIB- Ball State

virtually all teams that are above .500 make a tournament, why does the MAC only have 6 teams! WE need to do better than one to the NCAA and one to the NIT03-banghead Pick up the slack, MAC. I want 2 teams in the NCAA tourny next year...chop, chop.
03-13-2011 09:33 PM
OSUFALCON Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: BGSU
the reason is simple, the MAC had a horrible non conference record. Not one team beat a top 25 RPI or ranked team. End of story. Had Kent St. won the tournament not one team would have made the NIT. Just a bad year. I do see a much better conference next year. I think most teams other than Eastern and Northern will improve. Akron may not becuase of what they lose but the rest of the league should be better. I like Miami and Western to win each division.
03-13-2011 09:37 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-13-2011 09:37 PM)OSUFALCON Wrote:  the reason is simple, the MAC had a horrible non conference record. Not one team beat a top 25 RPI or ranked team. End of story. Had Kent St. won the tournament not one team would have made the NIT. Just a bad year. I do see a much better conference next year. I think most teams other than Eastern and Northern will improve. Akron may not becuase of what they lose but the rest of the league should be better. I like Miami and Western to win each division.

I understand why the teams are where they are, but I am questioning the league and the coaches recruiting abilities and other factors like that. We are built for failure as a conference, it needs to change. Let's get on the upswing and start bringing in more tallent. The Colonial and Patriot leagues should not be better than us... ever.
03-13-2011 09:43 PM
brg Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For:
(03-13-2011 09:37 PM)OSUFALCON Wrote:  the reason is simple, the MAC had a horrible non conference record. Not one team beat a top 25 RPI or ranked team. End of story. Had Kent St. won the tournament not one team would have made the NIT. Just a bad year. I do see a much better conference next year. I think most teams other than Eastern and Northern will improve. Akron may not becuase of what they lose but the rest of the league should be better. I like Miami and Western to win each division.

Well, Miami did beat Xavier. They were not ranked at the time, but are top 25 in RPI and rankings now. Your point is still valid though. A horrendous year for the MAC ooc.
03-14-2011 03:49 PM
Advertisement

mollautt Offline
1st String

I Root For: Miami RedHawks
(03-13-2011 09:37 PM)OSUFALCON Wrote:  Not one team beat a top 25 RPI or ranked team.

=>Not true. Miami beat Xavier (#22 in the RPI).
03-14-2011 04:10 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
We opened the season at Xavier. Last second buzzer-beater shot to win the game didn't fall in. :(
03-14-2011 04:58 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-14-2011 04:58 PM)Motown Bronco Wrote:  We opened the season at Xavier. Last second buzzer-beater shot to win the game didn't fall in. :(

Also lost to Toledo on the road by 13...lol
03-14-2011 05:03 PM
Motown Bronco Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: WMU
I wish we could have that early season "Triple T" of games back again... Troy, Towson and Toledo.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2011 05:18 PM by Motown Bronco.)
03-14-2011 05:18 PM
Advertisement

UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

haha, you might have a few more losses if ya played them03-wink
03-14-2011 07:32 PM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State
(03-13-2011 09:43 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

I understand why the teams are where they are, but I am questioning the league and the coaches recruiting abilities and other factors like that. We are built for failure as a conference, it needs to change. Let's get on the upswing and start bringing in more tallent. The Colonial and Patriot leagues should not be better than us... ever.

Please send this message to your AD.
03-14-2011 07:34 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-14-2011 07:34 PM)FlashFan Wrote:  
(03-13-2011 09:43 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  

Please send this message to your AD.

We made a change after 2 years because we were fed up with Gene Cross, that's making a move. We brought in new tallent this year. They couldn't play this year because of transfer eligibility, not because they aren't good enough to play. Toledo is coming back up.
I'm talking about teams like NIU and EMU who have some tallent but can't seem to do anything with it. THEY need new coaches and new management to get those players making noise. BSU should not have played as bad as they did against the East this year. I understand that the East was stronger but c'mon 2-6 or 3-5 against the East is horrible for a team that was in FIRST PLACE of our division. Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and Michigan have tallent, i want that tallent in the MAC. I remember when the Ohio Valley and Horizon got the players that we didn't want, now it's reversed.
(This post was last modified: 03-14-2011 08:14 PM by UofToledoFans.)
03-14-2011 08:12 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.