Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Buffalo To Play In CIT
Bookmark and Share
BullBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Buffalo
Buffalo To Play In CIT
According to our beat writer Buffalo has accepted an invite to CollegeInsider.com Tournament.. Will go on the road to face quinnipiac on monday night.
03-12-2011 08:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

OhioBobcatJohn Offline
1st String

I Root For: Ohio
RE: Buffalo To Play In CIT
Buffalo had a solid season. For a program like Buffalo which hasn't tasted postseason success, playing in a postseason tournament makes sense. Buffalo should be a very tough team next few years with MCcrae. That kid was sensational the other nite.
03-12-2011 09:10 PM
BullBoy Offline
1st String

I Root For: Buffalo
Agreed.. At the very least it is great experience for our young guys to go on the road and play in what should be a pretty hostile environment.
03-12-2011 09:13 PM
Kit-Cat Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Championships
CrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
How many teams are even in the CIT anymore? 16? 32?

NCAA+NIT equals 100 teams in the post season.
03-13-2011 01:04 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuronDave Offline
Heisman

I Root For: The MAC
DonatorsCrappiesCrappies
140 teams in the four postseason tournaments.

http://enidnews.com/sportslocal/x4494908...t-to-begin
03-13-2011 01:12 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Siborg Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Bowling Green
140 out of 300+ still more restrictive than DIA football. I don't mind it because it means more FBall and BBall.
03-13-2011 03:21 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For: Toledo R0ckets
So I see that Buffalo beats Quipina,,,uh, Quinnpi...mmm, Quicapini,no-Uh- the mighty Quinn and I realized I knew very little about Qui-well, you know, so I looked it up. Apparantly they are big on doing polls and stuff and are located in Connet..uh, Connecicu-that state north of New York.

Get home after work, phone rings and its a guy from that Q place in the C place asking me to participate in a poll that was largely about Kasich's governorship. At the end he asked my feelings about Tressle (part of the poll. Maybe Kasich is afraid Tressle will dismiss him?) When he finished the poll I started razzing him about losing to Buffala and we chatted at length about the game and their athletic program. Strange.
03-16-2011 01:06 PM
Advertisement

Sultan of Euphonistan Offline
All American

I Root For: Baritones
Most of NY (except the population) is north on Connecticut. Don't know why I felt to need mention that, maybe because I lived there for a long time. That is funny that you got a call from that school.
03-16-2011 01:19 PM
H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(03-16-2011 01:19 PM)Sultan of Euphonistan Wrote:  Most of NY (except the population) is north on Connecticut. Don't know why I felt to need mention that, maybe because I lived there for a long time. That is funny that you got a call from that school.

Other than Connecticut (and maybe RI?) no other state borders NY to the north, right? It was the best description I could come up with on short notice-I'm a social worker not a geographer. 03-wink
03-16-2011 01:39 PM
All American

Well if you count a water border and you only look at Long Island and the part of NY going to NYC then I guess you could call that a state north of NY (if you were to say "that state north of NYC" then you would be 100% correct). There are no states that actually border NY that are further north (at least enough that I can tell as Vermont appears to be just as far north) as NY borders Canada directly.

For some ease of visual the northern most part of Connecticut is about as far north as northern PA.
03-16-2011 01:49 PM
Advertisement

H2Oville Rocket Offline
Legend

(03-16-2011 01:49 PM)Sultan of Euphonistan Wrote:  Well if you count a water border and you only look at Long Island and the part of NY going to NYC then I guess you could call that a state north of NY (if you were to say "that state north of NYC" then you would be 100% correct). There are no states that actually border NY that are further north (at least enough that I can tell as Vermont appears to be just as far north) as NY borders Canada directly.

For some ease of visual the northern most part of Connecticut is about as far north as northern PA.
But it is directly north of part of NY state, while no other state is. I don't think. Vermont reaches a more northerly point than upstate NY but is entirely to the east I believe. At any rate this series of posts would be unnecessary if I could spell Connetciu..oh, the heck with it.
03-16-2011 02:14 PM
axeme Offline
Sage

I Root For: hoops

Folding@NCAAbbsDonatorsCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappiesCrappies
Man, I loves me some cartography smack.
03-16-2011 02:23 PM
All American

On a country wide map Vermont and NY look exactly the same distance north. Even at a smaller level they look really similar.

I guess I could say that Louisiana is the state south of Florida since it is farther south than the panhandle. I don't normally think that way as I tend to judge that on a full state level unless it is a specified area of the state that is being discussed.

Cartography smack is fun. Especially when the right answer is more a case of subjective decisions on what you perceive as important in this discussion.
03-16-2011 02:47 PM
Advertisement

Tommyboy Offline
1st String

I Root For: WMU
Along similar lines:
Canada and Russia are North of Alaska.
Canada is North, South, East, and West of Michigan.
Michigan is West of Wisconsin.

Also congrats to Buffalo on the win, hope WMU can follow.
03-16-2011 03:53 PM
DICK Offline
1st String

I Root For:
Miami played Quinip- E-ac in the NCAA baseball tournament a few years ago and set an NCAA tournament record for runs scored, something like 36 I think.
03-16-2011 04:02 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.