Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
Boeheim- I wont be here in 4 years
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

I Root For: Syracuse

Donators
Boeheim- I wont be here in 4 years
I dread hearing those words more than any other regarding Syracuse basketball. He will be the end of that grand era.

"I still try to get better as a coach," Boeheim said. "Because if you don't get better in this business as you get older, you get worse.

"But I won't be here in four years, that much I can say. I'm getting much closer to the end of the road."

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/ncb/c...id=6204019
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2011 11:44 PM by cuseroc.)
03-10-2011 11:37 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
RE: Boeheim- I wont be here in 4 years
who would replace him, i hope he's not trying to groom one of his no name assistants, that never works out well. they need to break the bank and get a splash hire to keep the success going. syracuse is a destination job, i'm sure they can have their pick of coaches.
03-11-2011 02:39 AM
frogman Offline
1st String

I think he's be around for longer than four years. But I think he feels he should have more accomplishments than just one title.

He's getting his best recruits right now and his best teams. though I've critized his over use ofthe zone, a lot of teams are actually now using the zone over man to man, more than in the past.

I think if he is successful and winning in the NCAAs, he will continue beyond four years. If he can't win another title, I think he's gone. Last year a huge letdown with AO injured.
03-11-2011 03:18 PM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU
(03-11-2011 02:39 AM)USFMike Wrote:  who would replace him, i hope he's not trying to groom one of his no name assistants, that never works out well. they need to break the bank and get a splash hire to keep the success going. syracuse is a destination job, i'm sure they can have their pick of coaches.

Cal to the Cuse - that would be his supreme dream job - big splash as well.
03-11-2011 03:44 PM
Tigeer Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UoM & WVU
(03-11-2011 09:01 AM)cuseroc Wrote:  
(03-11-2011 08:55 AM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(03-11-2011 01:35 AM)snowycuse Wrote:  
(03-10-2011 11:49 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  I think if Boeheim coaches 100 years (good lord, it feels like he already has), he'll eventually surpass John Thompson's Big East accomplishments, and i think that is his plan.

Was this a serious post? I can not think of one Big East coaching accomplishment Thompson has over Boeheim at this point.

You mean you can't think of the biggest one - Big East Championships? It's 6-5 in favor of Thompson.

Maybe Boeheim will tie him tomorrow night? If so, it will have taken him 13 more seasons than it took JT, LOL.

Well, we know that Thompson will never catch up to Beoheim in BE regular season championships (10-6). JB is the face of the BE. 05-mafia

I think of three elite coaches when I think BE - Thompson, Beoheim, Calhoun
03-11-2011 03:47 PM
cuseroc Offline
Super Moderator

Donators
(03-11-2011 03:44 PM)Tigeer Wrote:  
(03-11-2011 02:39 AM)USFMike Wrote:  who would replace him, i hope he's not trying to groom one of his no name assistants, that never works out well. they need to break the bank and get a splash hire to keep the success going. syracuse is a destination job, i'm sure they can have their pick of coaches.

Cal to the Cuse - that would be his supreme dream job - big splash as well.

I think Cal is already at his dream job. He wouldnt leave Kentucky for SU. Kentucky is Kentucky. Besides, we dont want someone like him at Cuse. But he could really tear it up up here.
03-11-2011 04:52 PM
Advertisement

mattsarz Offline
TV Guide

I Root For: SU, Ariz. St.
We don't need Cal for banners to be put up, then have to be removed. Of course there is a man coaching one of the best stories of the season that also had two Final Four banners removed (Steve Fisher, now at San Diego St.).

And yes, I know Cal wasn't cited for violations, but its not easy to be part of two Final Four teams that have the stigma of the word "vacated". I would like to believe he could have been more proactive in at least one case (Camby).
03-11-2011 05:51 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
gosports1 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: providence
Is he going to Providence? There's an opening. 03-lmfao
03-11-2011 09:30 PM
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Athletes First
Syracuse is one of the elite jobs in the country-(Boehiem made it so) and will be able to get just about any quality coach in the country.
03-12-2011 03:08 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
No way Cal wants any part of The Big East. He had his chance. Cal's thing only works in a league where no one else in the conference gives two sh*ts about basketball. See Memphis in CUSA or UK in SEZ. Cal will always choose to be the big fish in a small pond. In The Big East he would be an average coach at best. Besides Syracuse could do so much better than a slimeball, lowlife, a$$hole, c*cksucker like Cal.
CJ
(This post was last modified: 03-12-2011 03:40 PM by CardinalJim.)
03-12-2011 03:40 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

I Root For: USF/Georgetown
(03-12-2011 03:40 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  No way Cal wants any part of The Big East. He had his chance. Cal's thing only works in a league where no one else in the conference gives two sh*ts about basketball. See Memphis in CUSA or UK in SEZ.

er, the SEC cares about basketball.
03-12-2011 04:18 PM
Advertisement

Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-12-2011 04:18 PM)quo vadis Wrote:  
(03-12-2011 03:40 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  No way Cal wants any part of The Big East. He had his chance. Cal's thing only works in a league where no one else in the conference gives two sh*ts about basketball. See Memphis in CUSA or UK in SEZ.

Since when...in the SEC it in the following order:
1. Football
2. Football Recruiting
3. Spring Football
4. Avoiding get'n caught in Football recruiting violations
5. Baseball
And Finally 6. Basketball
03-12-2011 04:28 PM
General Mike Offline
1st String

I Root For: Rutgers

not like the Big East. Every team in the SEC besides Kentucky would rather win 7 football games, than 20 basketball games in a season.
03-12-2011 04:33 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(03-12-2011 04:33 PM)General Mike Wrote:  

not like the Big East.

True, but the SEC does care about basketball.
03-12-2011 04:40 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Just not as much as they care about football, except at Kentucky...
03-12-2011 05:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Maize Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-12-2011 05:13 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Just not as much as they care about football, except at Kentucky...

EXACTLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
03-12-2011 05:20 PM
Advertisement

CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

I Root For: Louisville
NO team in the SEZ except UK sells out their tickets to the conference tournament. The last time their joke of a conference tournament was held in Florida, defending National Champion UF couldn't sell-out all their tickets. It's laughable for anyone to claim the 11 schools in the SEZ care anything close about basketball as much as UK. The SEZ for the better part of it's basketball history has been nothing more than a glorified intramural league. When it comes to college basketball interest in the SEZ it rivals The MAC.
CJ
03-12-2011 05:39 PM
USFMike Offline
1st String

I Root For:
calipari even if he wanted to come here, wouldn't be a good fit, i don't think you want that cheating egomaniac replacing a class act like boeheim. although it would make the uconn/cuse game very interesting not to mention the cuse/louisville game.

can't think of many canidates out there that are realistic that would make the splash cuse fans would be happy with. i wonder if they could get billy donovan to come back home to new york.
03-12-2011 06:04 PM
frogman Offline
1st String

Mike Hopkins is doing the best recruiting of his career. If you get the talent, coaching becomes a little easier. Look at the coaching changes at UNC- still manages to keep the team relevant. I think SYR continues to recruit well even after Boeheim. SYR is a solid brand for Basketball that should continue even after Boeheim retires, If he ever does.

I think more players come to SYR for the name more than the Coach. Boeheim is not a high profile guy, Like a Pitino or a Coach K.

SYR would never hire Calipari.
03-12-2011 06:17 PM
quo vadis Offline
Legend

(03-12-2011 05:39 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  The SEZ for the better part of it's basketball history has been nothing more than a glorified intramural league.

... so how has the SEC managed to have as many final 4 teams and national champions as the Big East during the past 30 years?
03-12-2011 08:20 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.