Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Anyone know anything about this guard from PA
Bookmark and Share
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
Anyone know anything about this guard from PA
I see on the ASU board that ASU has offered a 6'2" guard from Pulaski Academy, Dusty Hannahs. Anyone know anything about him? If he's good enough for Brady to offer him, I wonder if we've been recruiting him.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2011 01:29 PM by LRTrojan.)
03-01-2011 01:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
RE: Anyone know anything about this guard from PA
(03-01-2011 01:47 PM)Scotto Wrote:  That could be our new recruiting strategy. Follow Coach Brady and offer schollies to the guys he likes.

Makes sense. I believe Brady (while at Samford) was the only other coach to offer Derek Fisher a scholarship.
03-01-2011 02:32 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

Dusty Hannahs on YouTube
03-01-2011 03:53 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-01-2011 02:32 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(03-01-2011 01:47 PM)Scotto Wrote:  That could be our new recruiting strategy. Follow Coach Brady and offer schollies to the guys he likes.

Makes sense. I believe Brady (while at Samford) was the only other coach to offer Derek Fisher a scholarship.

Now that I know that, I respect Coach Brady even more.04-cheers
03-01-2011 04:50 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: Dusty Hannahs on YouTube
(03-01-2011 03:53 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8pR_zBbXVuE

No. All he can do is shoot from all over the court. Probably shoots 90% from the free throw line. Why would we want to recruit him? Anyway, I think he might be Gerald Hannah's son, who was a professional baseball player. He should be on our radar, and I'd sure hate to see him playing against us for ASU. If he does, I will be very disappointed. I don't need another Trey Finn to piss me off again.03-nutkick
03-01-2011 04:55 PM
hb8 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: stAte
Word is stAte has offered. No idea of our chances. If ya'll don't want him the least you could do is wish us well so you can still see him play some.
(This post was last modified: 03-01-2011 07:09 PM by hb8.)
03-01-2011 07:09 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-01-2011 07:09 PM)hb8 Wrote:  Word is stAte has offered. No idea of our chances. If ya'll don't want him the least you could do is wish us well so you can still see him play some.

Good luck. If he's from Little Rock we won't get him.
03-01-2011 07:28 PM
eh9198 Offline
All American

I Root For: Little Rock
I dunno, he has a slow shooting release and brings it from all the way down by his waist. He not very quick either. He sure can shoot, but he'd need a ton of space and time to do it.
03-01-2011 11:37 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-01-2011 11:37 PM)eh9198 Wrote:  I dunno, he has a slow shooting release and brings it from all the way down by his waist. He not very quick either. He sure can shoot, but he'd need a ton of space and time to do it.

He'd be **** out of luck playing for us, with him not getting any screens or picks. Evidently Brady sees something in him.
03-01-2011 11:52 PM
Crump1 Offline
All American

Huh, his ability to pull up and release even with a guy in his face was what impressed me the most.
03-01-2011 11:54 PM
eh9198 Offline
All American

I Root For: Little Rock
He won't be able to do that against Sun Belt competition. I guess I'm coming off a bit negative though. I think he can be a good shooter in the right system, and he does seem to have pretty good court vision.
03-02-2011 12:08 AM
Advertisement

Crump1 Offline
All American

(03-02-2011 12:08 AM)eh9198 Wrote:  He won't be able to do that against Sun Belt competition. I guess I'm coming off a bit negative though. I think he can be a good shooter in the right system, and he does seem to have pretty good court vision.
I've seen Mouzy get enough open looks to be effective so this kid should be fine in the Sun Belt.
03-02-2011 11:41 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-02-2011 11:41 AM)Crump1 Wrote:  
(03-02-2011 12:08 AM)eh9198 Wrote:  He won't be able to do that against Sun Belt competition. I guess I'm coming off a bit negative though. I think he can be a good shooter in the right system, and he does seem to have pretty good court vision.
I've seen Mouzy get enough open looks to be effective so this kid should be fine in the Sun Belt.

Matt had the quickest release I believe I have ever seen. As good a pure shooter as I've seen as well.
03-02-2011 12:40 PM
rfhiii Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ualr
I coached Dusty some when he was younger and I was a skeptic until recently. He could always shoot but he was the only son of a former major league baseball player with big sisters who kind of spoiled him. I have been around him quite a bit the last couple of years and he has matured and grown. He is strong and physical, he can dunk easily with authority, he is a good shooter. He oozes confidence, college can strip that from you quickly, but he is only a junior I am fairly confident. He scores easily against the Robinson's and the Camden Fairview's that are athletic and play pretty good man defense. In addition to being strong around the basket and athletic he has really turned into a nice young man that is pleasant to be around and is always polite and cordial. Lighting up Bald Knob for 30 doesn't translate into diddly in college but I think he has a good chance of being a meaningful player at the next level. His dad was very athletic and played everything at Parkview; if he is as tough as his dad, he can get it done, I promise. I hope he does well.
03-03-2011 09:33 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

Thanks for your evaluation. I would bet money we're recruiting him. Don't know that for a fact, but I'd be awfully surprised if we're not.
I sure don't want him up at Jonesboro raining threes down on us.
03-04-2011 09:55 AM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-04-2011 09:55 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  Thanks for your evaluation. I would bet money we're recruiting him. Don't know that for a fact, but I'd be awfully surprised if we're not.
I sure don't want him up at Jonesboro raining threes down on us.

Just because we might be recruiting him, doesn't mean we'll get him. If he wants to play at home, maybe. If he's interested in playing for a program on the rise, with a coach that has a resume', then he might want to go to ASU.
03-04-2011 10:58 AM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

Our program is definitely on the rise. We won twice as many D1 games as we did last season.
03-04-2011 01:01 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-04-2011 01:01 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  Our program is definitely on the rise. We won twice as many D1 games as we did last season.

And finished below .500 for the second year in a row.
03-04-2011 01:18 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

And we had the Player of the Year on our team. If we had a player that good and still couldn't have at least a winning record, what does that tell you?
03-04-2011 03:06 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

Not the answer I was looking for. Try again.
03-04-2011 04:01 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.