Still in the works and may take alittle while to finalize
02-23-2011 11:18 PM
Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

Sir Galahad Offline
Banned

I Root For:
RE: UL working on securing a 2nd QB in this class
Are you saying they are recruiting a player that already signed an LOI elsewhere?
02-24-2011 08:39 AM
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

I Root For: Louisville
Degrace what are you hearing??? Is this someone who is familiar with the program, and who could possibly step in as a starter out of the gate. Or is this a juco that no one knows about. So WHO is this 2nd QB you mention???
02-24-2011 09:29 AM
krux Offline
Banned

Former committ Damarcus smith
02-24-2011 11:21 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
Can he change his mind AFTER he signs with another school?
02-24-2011 11:25 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

(02-24-2011 11:21 AM)krux Wrote:  Former committ Damarcus smith

I will believe it when I see him in a jersey, but until then he is UCF property.
02-24-2011 11:49 AM
Advertisement

BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

(02-24-2011 11:25 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Can he change his mind AFTER he signs with another school?

It was mentioned that he never signed his actual LOI, but did fill out his financial aid paper work and sent that in. So technically there could be a chance, but I doubt it will happen.
02-24-2011 11:50 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Do you think Clint Hurtt will end up at Auburn? ESPN said he was seen on Auburn's campus to interview...
02-24-2011 12:24 PM
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

(02-24-2011 12:24 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Do you think Clint Hurtt will end up at Auburn? ESPN said he was seen on Auburn's campus to interview...

This is a copy paste off of are rivals board.

To all my FB friends and family I wanted everyone to know I'm not going anyplace. I appreciate everything that Coach Chizik and Auburn showed my wife and I. I owed it to my family to at least look at the opportunity to coach in the SEC. I believe in Charlie Strong and the Univ. Of Louisville and believe we are on the way to great things! Thank you for all of the love from our Cardinal faithful!! Go Cards!!

-Clinton Hurtt

Here is a link of proof he is staying.

http://www.courier-journal.com/article/2...t|Sports|p

Hopefully Tom Jurich gives this guy royal ransom of a raise for he deserves it if you ask me.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2011 02:09 PM by BigOwensboroCard.)
02-24-2011 12:47 PM
CitrusUCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF/Tulsa
(02-24-2011 11:50 AM)BigOwensboroCard Wrote:  
(02-24-2011 11:25 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Can he change his mind AFTER he signs with another school?

It was mentioned that he never signed his actual LOI, but did fill out his financial aid paper work and sent that in. So technically there could be a chance, but I doubt it will happen.

He did sign an LOI. UCF controls his rights. His options are to show up at UCF and play or sit out a year and then sign with UL next NSD unless we release him from his LOI. Normally, I'd be in 100% support of releasing a kid who decides he made the wrong decision, but I don't think that is the case here. To release him from his LOI, unless we can set a condition that he cannot sign with UL, would be to reward UL's tampering and illegal booster contact. In reality, DaMarcus is dealing with all the UL boosters and fans hating on him, and he probably just wants to enjoy the end of his senior year. Nevertheless, once he shows up in Orlando, he'll be fine.
02-24-2011 02:36 PM
CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
(02-24-2011 02:36 PM)CitrusUCF Wrote:  His options are to show up at UCF and play or sit out a year and then sign with UL next NSD unless we release him from his LOI. Normally, I'd be in 100% support of releasing a kid who decides he made the wrong decision, but I don't think that is the case here. To release him from his LOI, unless we can set a condition that he cannot sign with UL, would be to reward UL's tampering and illegal booster contact. In reality, DaMarcus is dealing with all the UL boosters and fans hating on him, and he probably just wants to enjoy the end of his senior year. Nevertheless, once he shows up in Orlando, he'll be fine.

I can see UCF's position on this.

As to what I bolded above... where's the link? Otherwise, UofL fans at his high school and people around town aren't "boosters", and I don't think I'd be throwing out claims of NCAA violations.
02-24-2011 02:47 PM
Advertisement

CitrusUCF Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF/Tulsa
(02-24-2011 02:47 PM)CollegeCard Wrote:  
(02-24-2011 02:36 PM)CitrusUCF Wrote:  His options are to show up at UCF and play or sit out a year and then sign with UL next NSD unless we release him from his LOI. Normally, I'd be in 100% support of releasing a kid who decides he made the wrong decision, but I don't think that is the case here. To release him from his LOI, unless we can set a condition that he cannot sign with UL, would be to reward UL's tampering and illegal booster contact. In reality, DaMarcus is dealing with all the UL boosters and fans hating on him, and he probably just wants to enjoy the end of his senior year. Nevertheless, once he shows up in Orlando, he'll be fine.

As to what I bolded above... where's the link? Otherwise, UofL fans at his high school and people around town aren't "boosters", and I don't think I'd be throwing out claims of NCAA violations.

A booster can merely be a season ticket holder; the definition is rather broad. While there is obviously no investigation (nor reason for one yet), I don't feel too far out on a limb to believe that there are people around him who qualify as UL boosters. It could be a teacher, HS coach, school administrator, neighbor, friend, etc., who is trying to continue to recruit him to UL.

The problem for UCF additionally is that if we release him, it encourages this in the future by other schools if we take a top prospect from their area. Just keep on recruiting past NSD.

While we do not know that this rumor is at all true, I believe it would be best for UCF to not release him with the caveat that he shows up for summer, does what he's supposed to do, and if he's still miserable, we will release him from his scholarship. But I would not release him from his LOI without a condition that he not sign with UL.

I also find it odd that he took extra time to be sure he made the right decision and announced that decision. The UL community went apeshit and proceeded to hate on the kid. On the other hand, we signed the #2 player in the state of Colorado, who made the decision he thought best, and there's been no hate from Buffalo fans. Additionally, this case does not bear resemblance to other high profile players (e.g. Seantrel Henderson) who asked for a release from their LOI. It surely suggests that he is taking a lot of heat about his decision and that pressure is almost certainly the impetus for the rumored request.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2011 02:57 PM by CitrusUCF.)
02-24-2011 02:52 PM
Sir Galahad Offline
Banned

I Root For:
(02-24-2011 02:52 PM)CitrusUCF Wrote:  

A booster can merely be a season ticket holder; the definition is rather broad. While there is obviously no investigation (nor reason for one yet), I don't feel too far out on a limb to believe that there are people around him who qualify as UL boosters. It could be a teacher, HS coach, school administrator, neighbor, friend, etc., who is trying to continue to recruit him to UL.

The problem for UCF additionally is that if we release him, it encourages this in the future by other schools if we take a top prospect from their area. Just keep on recruiting past NSD.

While we do not know that this rumor is at all true, I believe it would be best for UCF to not release him with the caveat that he shows up for summer, does what he's supposed to do, and if he's still miserable, we will release him from his scholarship. But I would not release him from his LOI without a condition that he not sign with UL.

I also find it odd that he took extra time to be sure he made the right decision and announced that decision. The UL community went apeshit and proceeded to hate on the kid. On the other hand, we signed the #2 player in the state of Colorado, who made the decision he thought best, and there's been no hate from Buffalo fans. Additionally, this case does not bear resemblance to other high profile players (e.g. Seantrel Henderson) who asked for a release from their LOI. It surely suggests that he is taking a lot of heat about his decision and that pressure is almost certainly the impetus for the rumored request.

You have to want to be where your at, if he does not want UCF I do hope UCF lets him out of his LOI but I also agree it should be stipulated that he can't sign with UL.
(This post was last modified: 02-24-2011 03:02 PM by Sir Galahad.)
02-24-2011 03:02 PM
BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

(02-24-2011 03:02 PM)Sir Galahad Wrote:  
(02-24-2011 02:52 PM)CitrusUCF Wrote:  

You have to want to be where your at, if he does not want UCF I do hope UCF lets him out of his LOI but I also agree it should be stipulated that he can't sign with UL.

Hell this would be fine with me as well as many other Card fans for we have a much higher rated QB in Teddy Bridgewater who is already enrolled, and will participate in Spring Drills next month. I am not concerned what so ever about this kid, and yes I hated to lose him, but that was his decision not Louisville's what so ever.

What is really to blame here is when kids give their commitment and the recruiting process basically comes to a halt and all the attention is gone. So what is the next best thing is to re-open your recruiting process and someone at the last minute of recruiting shows you what you want, and this can be very confusing for these young adults, but they have a choice and should live with their choices instead of making excuses.

I hope he stays at UCF, and I am one of few who hope to see the Knights amongst the BE, and he would be a great addition to your program.
02-24-2011 03:34 PM
KnightLight Offline
Legend

I Root For: UCF
(02-24-2011 12:24 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  Do you think Clint Hurtt will end up at Auburn? ESPN said he was seen on Auburn's campus to interview...

Looks like Hurtt wasn't offered the Auburn job.

From ESPN.com:

Hurtt left Auburn without a job offer, according to people familiar with the process. Auburn has been looking for a defensive line coach since Tracy Rocker left for the NFL's Tennessee Titans last week.

Hurtt to stay at UL
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/...uisvi.html
02-24-2011 04:08 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

That's how Auburn saves face when they fail to lure a coach away from a 'lesser' school...
02-24-2011 04:31 PM
Advertisement

BigOwensboroCard Offline
1st String

(02-24-2011 04:08 PM)KnightLight Wrote:  

Looks like Hurtt wasn't offered the Auburn job.

From ESPN.com:

Hurtt left Auburn without a job offer, according to people familiar with the process. Auburn has been looking for a defensive line coach since Tracy Rocker left for the NFL's Tennessee Titans last week.

Hurtt to stay at UL
http://www.al.com/sports/index.ssf/2011/...uisvi.html

This is from over at rivals posted, and surely posted else where as well.

On Wednesday, Clint Hurtt and his wife, Tanisha, flew to Auburn to discuss Gene Chizik’s offer. The Tigers, no doubt, made a strong pitch. However, Auburn’s offer wasn’t enough to entice Hurtt to leave Charlie Strong and Louisville.

I think it is safe to say they did make an offer, and like Bit mention it looks nicer to them and their hear sayers that they did not offer which is looking to be NOT true. Go CARDS
02-24-2011 04:59 PM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
Oh no!

Well, I agree, the integrity of the university would be improved if this recruit has a change of heart. UCF should remove his being bound by the LOI if he wants to leave. That would say more about the recruit's indecisiveness than the university's inability to hang on to recruits. He is from Louisville. 03-razz
02-24-2011 06:18 PM
krux Offline
Banned

I would love to have him but not sweating it either way. As far as the booster comment, that's hilarious. If you wanna cry foul about hometown fans trying to get a hometown recruit to stay home then every school with an out of state player on their roster would be guilty of a violation.

Not to mention it was a guy by the name of Brandon Bender that tried to steer D Smith and a couple of other recruits UCFs way. He's a bitter ex cardinal recruiting for UCF now. That would be tampering more than some fans "spewing hate".

Plus it didn't hurt that Honesty OLeary promised him that Godfrey would move to WR so Smith could start at QB. That being said I'm MORE than happy with Teddy under center. If Smith wants to come compete I'll take him too. But don't get it twisted UCF fans
02-24-2011 07:19 PM
ctkatz Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: colorado avs
if smith wants out of his loi, the only restriction that should be put in place is that he not go to another c-usa school. they cannot impose such an arbitrary decision on him like that because ucf and louisville have absolutely ZERO to do with the other, in competition or in conference.
02-24-2011 09:19 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.