Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Kickoff Saturday
Bookmark and Share
cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Kickoff Saturday
Perhaps cybersenility has fully set in.

I don't recall the general public being invited to the Kickoff in years past....and I'm happy non season tix and non donors are included in the meet & greet.

Each of the last few years any late arrivers { 15 minutes after doors open} had no where to sit and little food to choose from set out on the tables.

I H A T E not having a space of my own to set down plate and beverages.

Hopefully with a more widely publicized invitation to attend, enuff tables, chairs and food will be provided.

I think the excitement surrounding Doeren is gonna draw a larger crowd than customary. My hope is the dept is well prepared to meet the needs of attendees.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2011 10:37 AM by cyberdawg.)
02-09-2011 10:28 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU
RE: Kickoff Saturday
(02-09-2011 10:28 AM)cyberdawg Wrote:  I think the excitement surrounding Doeren is gonna draw a larger crowd than customary. My hope is the dept is well prepared to meet the needs of attendees.

It's a good way to get a few new people interested in donating.

They should know how many are coming by the number of basketball tickets are requested through HASF by the phone number given. Hopefully they can plan accordingly with enough space, tables and chairs.

It seems you need a BBall ticket to get in to the convo to go to the kickoff.
02-09-2011 10:50 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(02-09-2011 10:28 AM)cyberdawg Wrote:  Perhaps cybersenility has fully set in.

I don't recall the general public being invited to the Kickoff in years past....and I'm happy non season tix and non donors are included in the meet & greet.

Each of the last few years any late arrivers { 15 minutes after doors open} had no where to sit and little food to choose from set out on the tables.

I H A T E not having a space of my own to set down plate and beverages.

Hopefully with a more widely publicized invitation to attend, enuff tables, chairs and food will be provided.

I think the excitement surrounding Doeren is gonna draw a larger crowd than customary. My hope is the dept is well prepared to meet the needs of attendees.

Don't count on getting space to park your carcass unless you get there early. I'm going to the BB game but I may skip the HASF kumbaya. To me, the main purpose for them is to get you your HASF packet. My group always ends up standing and it's VERY hard to hear the speakers because of terrible accoustics. Last year, we left after a few minutes because it was very crowded and we couldn't hear the speakers. There is plenty of food - chicken nuggets, popcorn, cookies, and soft drinks - so that's not a problem. Just hard to eat while standing in a crowded room. I may go just to pick up the packet or just skip the whole thing and let them mail it to me. If you can get there before 1:00 p.m. and line up and get a table in the front, go for it. If the general public is invited (and they should be), it will be even more crowded than in the past. I would much prefer watching our stellar BB team go through their warm ups in a nice, quiet, empty arena.
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2011 11:15 AM by Dog Fan.)
02-09-2011 11:13 AM
cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
i'm not about the nuggets , pretzels, packets and any speeches other than an opportunity to shake Doeren's hand, intro myself, wish him well and lastly ask for his cell number so I can text plays to him during the games....just kidding...!!!
(This post was last modified: 02-09-2011 11:30 AM by cyberdawg.)
02-09-2011 11:28 AM
Advertisement

Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(02-09-2011 11:28 AM)cyberdawg Wrote:  i'm not about the nuggets , pretzels, packets and any speeches other than an opportunity to shake Doeren's hand, intro myself, wish him well and lastly ask for his cell number so I can text plays to him during the games....just kidding...!!!

Hope you have a cool million or two in your wallet to share with the HASF!
02-09-2011 12:07 PM
thxjoenovak Offline
Heisman

Any attendees today have a report they can share?
02-12-2011 06:48 PM
HuskieJohn Offline
Hall of Famer

My wife and I got there early so we could get a seat.

Some people didn't seem to know they needed a BBall ticket to get in and were huffing about it.

Food/Chicken tenders were decent as Dog Fan said it would be.

Apparently I was not on the current list so they did not have a packet for me but will mail one to me Monday. Looking at other peoples packets the only thing that is not online already is the Soldier Field ticket application.

AD Compher spoke and again restated his desire for NIU to be the first MAC team to go to a BCS game.
He pointed out a few people like Jeff Yordon thanking them for their very generous support.

1 FB player, 1 VB player and the VB coach spoke basically saying thanks for the opportunities that the donors give them and had some good personal stories.

Coach Doeren then spoke. He first introduced the other coaches. First introduced was Tuke and he got slightly more applause than DD got when he was introduced. The other Coaches were also introduced and all got a warm welcome. DD then told everyone that if we wanted to see NIU in a BCS game that it would take 100% support from us. First most important is to be in the stands. 'We must make this a hostile place to play'. 'When its the start of the 4th quarter and our opponent is on Offense we need nose from you'.

AD Compher then spoke again shortly and thanked everyone for coming and our continued support.

My wife and I left after that.

NO mention of an IPF or when the spring game is.

Over for the first time we attended it we were pleasantly surprised and will go again next year.
02-12-2011 09:13 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.