Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Home Stretch: Campbell, FGCU, Stetson
Bookmark and Share
Nick M Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw State
DonatorsDonators
Home Stretch: Campbell, FGCU, Stetson
3 Games coming up. Admittedly, I haven't looked at the implications of the conference tournament or anything. Best thing we could hope for is a few W's to finish out the season.

2/7/2011 Campbell
2/10/2011 Florida Gulf Coast
2/12/2011 Stetson
02-04-2011 04:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

RE: Home Stretch: Campbell, FGCU, Stetson
Good win tonight. Markeith was on fire tonight.
02-07-2011 10:25 PM
KennesawBasketball Offline
1st String

I Root For: Kennesaw
Heramb finally came to play. I bet we see those 6 players the rest of the way with 30+ minutes. If Heramb can get his head on straight we can still make a run. We are only 2 games out of 5th place....Need to win the next two for sure....great win OWLS! Markeith was aggressive, and knocked down his free throws when he got the opportunity. We in our next two and we are at worst in 8th place and hold the tie breaker with Stetson.
02-07-2011 10:32 PM
1st String

I think winning 3 games in a row is pretty lofty....it definitely beats being a deadbeat fan that is constantly calling for the coach's head. I get tired of all the pessimism. Can't we just enjoy a win without cheap shots? We finally won a game handily...why can't you just be happy?
02-07-2011 10:58 PM
Advertisement

1st String

We won by 14 points, we didn't fold down the stretch, and we made the big plays and free throws that we had to - and you are going to find something to complain about? Guess what? There are always going to be good players coming out of Atlanta. The list is a whole lot longer than that. I think Ohsemen turns into a pretty good player, and Dawson was very highly recruited, and should get a good chance to play for us in the near future.

We aren't perfect, we have had a rough year, but just be happy about a win. If you aren't going to be happy about a 14 point win at home against a conference opponent, then it is not surprising to me that you are calling for the coach's head. If this won't give you some satisfaction, then what will?
02-08-2011 08:57 AM
Owlzfan84 Offline
Special Teams

I dont see why we cant win our next two games. We play like we did tonight we will win easily. But consistency is this teams problem. But hey were due for a winning streak :)
02-08-2011 10:04 AM
1st String

I agree that we have missed with some of our signees...but we went out of state to get Anderson, and he was a great sign. I could care less WHERE we sign our players, as long as they can play. In state or out of state our recruiting has been hit and miss. It is something we definitely need to improve on starting next year.
02-08-2011 03:18 PM
1st String

(02-08-2011 03:39 PM)Mike_Hunt Wrote:  
(02-08-2011 03:18 PM)KennesawBasketball Wrote:  I agree that we have missed with some of our signees...but we went out of state to get Anderson, and he was a great sign. I could care less WHERE we sign our players, as long as they can play. In state or out of state our recruiting has been hit and miss. It is something we definitely need to improve on starting next year.

Yeah Anderson was a good signing and is a great athlete but he will never be much more than a hardnosed energy player. When you consider it was a package deal with Sabic, was it worth it? I just think it would be easier to scout AND sign players in Georgia/Alabama and maybe get a better quality of player. Why would somebody from Indiana or wherever come to play at Kennesaw if they have any similar offers from closer/comparable schools? I'm honestly not trying to be negative, I'm just wondering how the scouting system works since we obviously don't have resources like an ACC or even SEC school.

I agree with that ... but Atlanta is a very enticing carrot to recruits. We have plenty of homegrown talent to sift through, so I agree that our recruiting needs to continue to grow, but it doesn't mean we need to close our eyes to out of state players that might want a bite of the Georgia Peach. Kennesaw has a lot to offer. We are a school with 20,000+ students (the majority of whom are female), with a good academic reputation (especially in business) that is located in the suburbs of NW Atlanta. Sometimes guys want to leave home to go to school...that is the way I was coming out of high school. You couldn't have convinced me to stay near home if you paid me.

Valid points about recruiting though Mike - that is really the key to anything in college basketball. Great players make great coaches...just ask Calipari and Krzyzewski.
02-08-2011 04:51 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.