Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

For those of us who need our spirits lifted!
Bookmark and Share
OWLREF Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Kennesaw State
Exclamation For those of us who need our spirits lifted!
I was reading an article in the MDJ on KSU and the new corprate partnership program that is being set up. While reading it I was a little shocked to find out that about hafl of it dealt with football (I guess that is what happens when your lead fundraiser is Vince Dooley).

Quote:As for the football program, KSU's Vice President for University Advancement Wes Wicker said Parker & Associates, a screening firm the university hired to conduct the search for its next athletic director, has begun its search and the university is expected to have a decision on the next AD by the end of March.

"We're looking for someone who has experience with a Division 1 program, with football, and with fundraising. Those at the Division 2 level typically are not involved in fundraising, and that will be important for us," Wicker said.

Wicker said the search committee is also looking for an associate athletic director for development, a new position that will act as a full-time fundraiser for the athletic department.

Wicker said fundraising for the football program is running smoothly, but that "we've just started to meet with parties and companies."

Wicker said KSU is still in the midst of its $75 million fundraising campaign for the university itself, and that football only came into play in the fourth year of the campaign, so those funds have to be raised separately.

Still, Wicker said the program is on track to have its first recruiting class, head coach, offensive and defensive coordinators, and to have broken ground on a new training facility in 2012, and to have its first football season in fall 2014. Wicker said the training facility will likely cost $6 million to $8 million and will include a weight room, football coaches' offices, a film room and space for physical therapy. The facility is to be located adjacent to the university's sports park off Chastain Road, Wicker said.

"Even though the economy has been down, the best three years in KSU fundraising history have been the past three years. We're trying to pinch ourselves everyday, because it's just unbelievable," Wicker said. "And this is one of those types of programs that will help everyone involved, as well as help our fundraising efforts."

I don't know about you, but this makes me feel a little better about our athletic program, and helps ease the pain of a miserable basketball year.

Also for those that read my last post to the Fire Ingle Poll, maybe Tony can be a part of the new fundraising division under the new associate AD mentioned. Might answer our Coaching issues and allow him to step down with dignity.
01-31-2011 12:40 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.