Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Landon: Arrogant UCF no lock for Big East
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
Landon: Arrogant UCF no lock for Big East
Quote:CHUCK LANDON - The Herald-Dispatch

UCF would give its left initial to join the Big East Conference.

But has any commentary surfaced recently on the prospect of that happening?

No.

Except in Orlando, Fla., of course.

Read it all HERE

05-stirthepot
01-27-2011 05:11 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
RE: Landon: Arrogant UCF no lock for Big East
(01-27-2011 05:11 PM)Chappy Wrote:  

No.

Read it all HERE

05-stirthepot

Landon just doesn't want to lose UCF in the C-USA.
01-27-2011 05:15 PM
EerMeNow Offline
1st String

I Root For: WVU
(01-27-2011 05:15 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  

No.

Read it all HERE

05-stirthepot

Landon is a tool. By far the most defensive sports writer I have even encountered. He does nothing but write "hit pieces".
01-27-2011 05:21 PM
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
Agreed Eerme. He wrote comments ripping Cincinnati back in 2093 when we were a candidate.
01-27-2011 05:42 PM
MagicKnightmare Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
(01-27-2011 05:42 PM)CatsClaw Wrote:  Agreed Eerme. He wrote comments ripping Cincinnati back in 2093 when we were a candidate.

Are you from the future? 04-bow WOW. Who gets invited? Who wins the Super Bowl? Does the world end in 2012?
01-27-2011 05:44 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia
he's an idiot, and a liar. He prints speculation and innuendo as if it were fact, and makes completely false statements (like his assertion that the Big East "had" to add TCU or risk losing its BCS bid. Evidently he has no idea what the requirements are for a BCS bid.)

One thing is sure Landon: Marshall is getting nowhere near the Big East. And that's what eats you, isn't it?
01-27-2011 05:44 PM
Advertisement

ECUPirate99 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ECU
(01-27-2011 05:21 PM)EerMeNow Wrote:  

No.

Read it all HERE

05-stirthepot

Landon is a tool. By far the most defensive sports writer I have even encountered. He does nothing but write "hit pieces".

I can agree with you on the tool issue after all, he did rip our coach this year for putting in the third string and scoring a touchdown. He said our coach was classless for running up the score on Marshall. However, and I do say however, he does have a point in this case. UCiF is arrogant for self proclaiming they will be getting a golden ticket to the Big Least. The thing that scares me is that with all the propaganda that they are spewing through the Orlando and now the ESPN media world, they may have end rallying enough support to get that invite. Well if you can't have your fans naturally create a buzz for your program, pay off the media to do it for you! Hey you might think that I am hating on them but honestly, I'm not because I think it is actually smart on their part.
01-27-2011 05:50 PM
wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

(01-27-2011 05:50 PM)ECUPirate99 Wrote:  

No.

Read it all HERE

05-stirthepot

I can agree with you on the tool issue after all, he did rip our coach this year for putting in the third string and scoring a touchdown. He said our coach was classless for running up the score on Marshall. However, and I do say however, he does have a point in this case. UCiF is arrogant for self proclaiming they will be getting a golden ticket to the Big Least. The thing that scares me is that with all the propaganda that they are spewing through the Orlando and now the ESPN media world, they may have end rallying enough support to get that invite. Well if you can't have your fans naturally create a buzz for your program, pay off the media to do it for you! Hey you might think that I am hating on them but honestly, I'm not because I think it is actually smart on their part.

They haven't "proclaimed" anything. And they've been doing just fine with their fan base and teams creating a buzz, on and off the field.

Sounds to me like alot of jealousy coming from your direction towards UCF. And you may consider it the "Big Least" but I expect that you'd be singing a different tune if ECU had a chance to get into the league. You know, I know, everybody here knows that ECU would bend over and do whatever the BE asks to get into the league.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2011 05:56 PM by wvucrazed.)
01-27-2011 05:56 PM
Cubanbull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
He is no better than Bianchi. So you now have two trolls fighting whether UCF is worthy. LOL. Great PR for UCF.
01-27-2011 06:24 PM
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

I Root For: Memphis
The Big East wants ECU and UCF so much that they offered TCU a spot.

Give it up boys. They don't want either of you.
01-27-2011 06:26 PM
Joe Rod Offline
2nd String

(01-27-2011 06:24 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  He is no better than Bianchi. So you now have two trolls fighting whether UCF is worthy. LOL. Great PR for UCF.

We enjoy the attention because we're arrogant! 04-rock
01-27-2011 06:26 PM
Advertisement

No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-27-2011 05:50 PM)ECUPirate99 Wrote:  

No.

Read it all HERE

05-stirthepot

Honestly, the majority of UCF fans are sceptical as to whether we r getting an invite. Villanova has formally been invited to add there football program to the Big East. No reason to suspect they will not accept.
(This post was last modified: 01-27-2011 07:02 PM by No Bull.)
01-27-2011 07:01 PM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

(01-27-2011 06:24 PM)Cubanbull Wrote:  He is no better than Bianchi. So you now have two trolls fighting whether UCF is worthy. LOL. Great PR for UCF.

Good one Cuban. :ncaabbs:
01-27-2011 07:03 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(01-27-2011 05:44 PM)wvucrazed Wrote:  he's an idiot, and a liar. He prints speculation and innuendo as if it were fact, and makes completely false statements (like his assertion that the Big East "had" to add TCU or risk losing its BCS bid. Evidently he has no idea what the requirements are for a BCS bid.)

One thing is sure Landon: Marshall is getting nowhere near the Big East. And that's what eats you, isn't it?
BINGO! 04-bow

If it were up to Chuck Landon, Marshall would be THE state school and WVU would be a community college. That's the way it is in his mind...
01-27-2011 08:36 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ecumbh1999 Offline
Keeper of the Code

I Root For: East Carolina
Landon is a tool and knows it and rather proud of it too. His FB page say that he a proud son of B. That all we need to know about this D.....bag. He probably does even know that he is actually help UCF. D....bag and stupid......nuff said.
01-27-2011 08:53 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I've known Chuck Landon since the 1960s, when my father first hired him in the Daily Mail's Sports Dept, and he hasn't changed a bit. He still writes the same stuff he got fired from the Charleston Daily Mail for, after my father retired in 1993. Landon was the Daily Mail Sports Editor, from 1993 until they realized he was completely incompetent. At first, the Daily Mail took away his column for a couple of months. That was when they hired Jack Bogaczyk to become the Daily Mail's Sports columnist. But after a couple of months it was clear that Landon was superfluous, and that the Daily Mail was far better off without him. So Lyle Clay fired Chuck, and hired Bogaczyk as the Sport Editor. Landon only got the job in Huntington because of an old school friend from Marshall. He would not have gotten it if he'd have depended upon the recommendation of the people at the Daily Mail...
01-28-2011 09:30 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

st932253 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Knights
(01-27-2011 06:26 PM)the other Greg Childers Wrote:  The Big East wants ECU and UCF so much that they offered TCU a spot.

I trust this guy - he hired a consultant on the matter.
01-29-2011 01:05 AM
TOGC Offline
Resident genius

I Root For: Memphis
(01-29-2011 01:05 AM)st932253 Wrote:  
(01-27-2011 06:26 PM)the other Greg Childers Wrote:  The Big East wants ECU and UCF so much that they offered TCU a spot.

I trust this guy - he hired a consultant on the matter.

They also offered Villanova before you. Take a hint.
01-29-2011 09:49 AM
Sir Galahad Offline
Banned

I Root For:

I have to question the reality that with TCU heading into the Big East is UCF not better off staying in CUSA. TCU and Utah now out of the BCS buster business it opens up the possibility for others. Would it be easier for UCF to get into the top 8 and play in a BCS game or it it easier for UCF to get into the Big East and have to beat TCU every year to get into the BCS game?
01-29-2011 10:06 AM
CyberBull Offline
Heisman

I Root For: USF
(01-29-2011 10:06 AM)Sir Galahad Wrote:  

I have to question the reality that with TCU heading into the Big East is UCF not better off staying in CUSA. TCU and Utah now out of the BCS buster business it opens up the possibility for others. Would it be easier for UCF to get into the top 8 and play in a BCS game or it it easier for UCF to get into the Big East and have to beat TCU every year to get into the BCS game?

If and when UCF gets into the Big East you guys are going to be in for a reality check...

Enjoy beating up on the sisters of the poor in CDOA b/c there are no gimmees in the BigEast...
01-30-2011 10:52 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.