AS FOR THE EXPANSION INFO...

Post #62
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Re: Conference realignment talk (Updated 1/42 8:00 AM) Reply
Originally posted by BleedinRed:
Originally posted by rtcoog:
Mega Energy is a sponsor.

oog57 Tweeted: April showers bring May invite 2 Big East. Look 4 energy company 2 get naming rights 4 U-Houston stadium. Think "5 Hour Energy Stadium."

That is a fake Coog57 Twitter.... It is a joke....

Posted on 1/14 3:02 PM | IP: Logged

coog57

Post #8
MyFanPage
Add Buddy
Re: Conference realignment talk (Updated 1/42 8:00 AM) Reply
I do not tweet. But my rival/imposter has the right info according to my sources.

Posted on 1/14 5:22 PM | IP: Logged
01-14-2011 08:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CatsClaw Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: FYI, Houston has a QB!
When it comes to expansion the University of Houston Cougars: Silent but deadly!
01-14-2011 08:32 PM
UHCougar07 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Houston
Big Grin RE: FYI, Houston has a QB!
(01-14-2011 08:32 PM)CatsClaw Wrote:  When it comes to expansion the University of Houston Cougars: Silent but deadly!

There are some serious legs to the stadium bit. Hope expansion soon follows. First step is Case Keenum coming back. Then stadium info becomes public. Then Big East invite. It's my Cougar dream.

Phase 1 complete.
01-14-2011 08:35 PM
TampaKnight Offline
Knight Family

I Root For: The American
The Big East will be in the thick of Texas recruiting even moreso than before with a Houston addition...

No bueno! 03-hissyfit 03-shhhh
01-14-2011 09:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
He looked very good in this game...

Houston's QB - His best game ever!
01-14-2011 09:40 PM
GO Coogs GO!!! Offline
All American

(01-14-2011 09:40 PM)KNIGHTTIME Wrote:  He looked very good in this game...

Houston's QB - His best game ever!

You complain about our attendance? #13 in your house and that crowd shot at approx. :38 looks pretty thin.

Oh and the following is a pretty nice stat sheet.

PASSING Cmp-Att-Int Yds TD Long
Keenum, Case 33-56-1 377 3 51
(This post was last modified: 01-14-2011 09:55 PM by GO Coogs GO!!!.)
01-14-2011 09:49 PM
KNIGHTTIME Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: '17 Natty Champ
(01-14-2011 09:49 PM)GO Coogs GO!!! Wrote:  You complain about our attendance? #13 in your house and that crowd shot at approx. :38 looks pretty thin.

Oh and the following is a pretty nice stat sheet.

PASSING Cmp-Att-Int Yds TD Long
Keenum, Case 33-56-1 377 3 51

I'm just messing with you. He is a good QB.
01-14-2011 09:57 PM
CougarMikeUH Offline
2nd String

Maybe we will actually see improvement in our defense next season!

One can dream!
01-14-2011 10:29 PM
Knightsweat Offline
Heisman

I Root For: OU & UCF
Congrats on Keenum. Hope to see you guys next year. Since we aren't scheduled, that means it would have to be the CUSA championship game. 03-razz
01-16-2011 12:52 PM
Advertisement

BigHouston Offline
STRONG

I Root For: HOUSTON, USC Trojans
Man, This news about Keenum coming back is outstading news here in Houston. I love it - Go Houston Coogs!
01-16-2011 04:30 PM
moron Offline
2nd String

I Root For: America
How is this in any way related to conference expansion?
01-16-2011 05:46 PM
HP-TBDPITL Offline
All American

I Root For: College Sports
(01-16-2011 05:46 PM)moron Wrote:  How is this in any way related to conference expansion?

Because Keenum is a potential Heisman candidate and Houston is being discussed as a potential candidate and football is driving the bus.

With the BE now having a presence in Texas and Texas providing the most D-1 recruits of any state in the country, Houston being in one of the largest TV markets in the country, anything that is happening with Houston's program is expansion related until the BE says it is done with expansion.
01-17-2011 09:24 AM
MattofNazareth Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Houston Cougars
If Case stays healthy this year, he will shatter many NCAA records. Should be fun to watch.
01-18-2011 03:36 PM
moron Offline
2nd String

(01-17-2011 09:24 AM)HP-TBDPITL Wrote:  
(01-16-2011 05:46 PM)moron Wrote:  How is this in any way related to conference expansion?

Because Keenum is a potential Heisman candidate and Houston is being discussed as a potential candidate and football is driving the bus.

With the BE now having a presence in Texas and Texas providing the most D-1 recruits of any state in the country, Houston being in one of the largest TV markets in the country, anything that is happening with Houston's program is expansion related until the BE says it is done with expansion.

I don't see the Big East taking a school for a single player that won't even be around by the time Houston could officially join. If he wins the Heisman it'll make Houston look better, but realistically the BCS cartel is not going to let that happen (see Colt Brennan).

So at the end of the day, Keenum is a very good quarterback that isn't going to win the Heisman and won't even be around after next season. That's a strange argument for BCS inclusion.

Personally, I think Houston can make a great argument for inclusion already without needing to reach like this.
(This post was last modified: 01-18-2011 04:05 PM by moron.)
01-18-2011 04:04 PM
Advertisement

Borncoog74 Offline
1st String

(01-18-2011 04:04 PM)moron Wrote:  

I don't see the Big East taking a school for a single player that won't even be around by the time Houston could officially join. If he wins the Heisman it'll make Houston look better, but realistically the BCS cartel is not going to let that happen (see Colt Brennan).

So at the end of the day, Keenum is a very good quarterback that isn't going to win the Heisman and won't even be around after next season. That's a strange argument for BCS inclusion.

Personally, I think Houston can make a great argument for inclusion already without needing to reach like this.

Nobody in this thread proposed that Keenum getting a sixth year was a reason to get a BCS invite. Nowhere.
Coogfans are just crazy happy about it and someone posted it on here.
The cards are definately stacked against him to win. But it is good pub for him and the University regardless.
I do think if UH were invited to the BE by June, and Keenum were making a strong run at the Heisman. That BE invite in the pocket might help him swing a few more votes. Who knows. I am just happy for the young man. UH may not have had a better human being come through our program ever than Case Keenum.
I would hope that my son will grow up one day to be as great a person as Case is.
01-18-2011 04:40 PM
HP-TBDPITL Offline
All American

I Root For: College Sports
(01-18-2011 04:04 PM)moron Wrote:  

Thats not what I said...but let's expand on the topic. Say Keenum leads Houston to a Top 15 ranking and CUSA championship and the Big East finishes with no school ranked in the BCS at the end of the year. Now the BE, with adding Houston, could add to its BCS evaluation during the next cycle by adding Houston. Plus Keenum brings lots of media attention to UH, so they are on the national radar.

Or in easier terms, comparing the potential candidates is splitting hairs, so YES, one QB garnering success and attention for one University can make a difference. BTW, I heard someone say recently that Houston and NC State have similar history's in athletics, when you compare the two, I think they are very comparable in football and basketball.
01-18-2011 05:39 PM
moron Offline
2nd String

(01-18-2011 05:39 PM)HP-TBDPITL Wrote:  Thats not what I said...but let's expand on the topic. Say Keenum leads Houston to a Top 15 ranking and CUSA championship and the Big East finishes with no school ranked in the BCS at the end of the year. Now the BE, with adding Houston, could add to its BCS evaluation during the next cycle by adding Houston.

With TCU, the Big East firmly has no chance of losing it's AQ status. Houston may be added for a number of reasons, but not that one.
01-18-2011 06:49 PM
UCFKnight10 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UCF
Congrats, Keenum is very talented. Hopefully we'll meet in the postseason because we don't have any regular season games this year. 04-cheers
01-18-2011 06:57 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.