Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Snuggies and Book
Bookmark and Share
WingedWarrior Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Go Bucs!
Snuggies and Book
I just noticed at the Walgreens on South Roan and University Parkway, they have ETSU Snuggies. Uh, as fond as I am of ETSU, I don't think I want one. However if anyone else wants one, more power to you.

I also noticed a new book there on the history of ETSU, anyone seen this or think it's any good (or not)?
12-30-2010 09:43 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Mister Jennings Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU
RE: Snuggies and Book
Wow...ETSU stuff being sold at a retail business other than the ETSU bookstore? Does the ETSU licensing police know about this?

I've never seen less support for a school in it's own town than for ETSU. It's sadly pitiful. I wish Johnson City stores had ETSU stuff everywhere. No question that Tennessee does. ETSU could take a lesson from the big Orange on this. Self-fulling prophecy...if you think you are small, you will be. Tennessee thinks it's big and guess what?...they dominate the retail scene.

You say they are the state University...they should. My point is Tennessee's approach...They will fill Neyland...that's the goal for every game.

At last night's game with Campbell...I went looking for ETSU merchandise... and not one seller of even a T-shirt could be found in the dome. Supply and demand indicates that ETSU pride is limited when it comes time to purchase.

If you want to purchase ETSU paraphernalia...you must go to the bookstore, Walgreens or do it online. I don't think Johnson City knows the school exists... At least the school is noted on I-81 with a state approved sign.

Another note about ETSU basketball...the crowd at the Campbell game was dead. Maybe you should expect that with no students on campus during break. The place was quite...even with a great performance to cheer. Crowd boisterousness feeds off one person to the next. I felt out of order yelling...but no one will ever stop me. When Justin was hitting threes and playing out of his mind outstanding...I couldn't help myself but to acknowledge his supreme-ness in the Campbell game.

The crowd had no energy...maybe there ought to be planted fanatical fans strategically located to start a ruckus when the enemy is shooting a free throw. Come on...ETSU is supposed to have home court advantage at home. Last night it wasn't so.

My passion for Bucs requires me to participate in the game...to help ETSU. My distracting comments to the opponents don't always work...but when they throw up a brick, I take a little satisfaction. You know the Duke crazies do. Even Bobby Knight protegee Mike Krzyzewski gives credit to fans for bugging the opponent while helping his Dukies.

ETSU should make games to much fun...that those who attend can't stop talking about it. There ought to be a penalty for missing. The goal is morning water cooler talk should center of Bucs after each and every game.
12-31-2010 08:09 AM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
You know what ticks me off. crAPP STATE APPAREL. There is more App State stuff in the JC Mall than ETSU stuff. Even in Lids...where they have 4 or 5 ETSU hats. There are way more App hats than that.
(This post was last modified: 12-31-2010 01:43 PM by ETSUfan1.)
12-31-2010 01:43 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

Speaking of App. State, does anyone know the App. State fan who invariably shows up at ETSU basketball games with his puffy App. State Coat?
12-31-2010 09:11 PM
Goldfinger Offline
Banned

I Root For: Restoration
Appalachian State IS the premeire mid-major institution in these parts now.
12-31-2010 09:15 PM
Advertisement

ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
Isn't the puffy coat guy Doc Robertsons son?
12-31-2010 11:08 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(12-31-2010 11:08 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  Isn't the puffy coat guy Doc Robertsons son?

I don't know how often Josh attends ETSU basketball games, but it could be. He was a strength and conditioning coach at Appy.
01-01-2011 11:44 AM
Advertisement

Mister Jennings Offline
1st String

(01-01-2011 11:44 AM)RodShaw2 Wrote:  
(12-31-2010 11:08 PM)ETSUfan1 Wrote:  Isn't the puffy coat guy Doc Robertsons son?

I don't know how often Josh attends ETSU basketball games, but it could be. He was a strength and conditioning coach at Appy.

A chip off the ole block. I wonder if he is working for ETSU now?
01-01-2011 12:01 PM
posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Offline
Heisman

IMO, Josh is NOT a chip off the ole block. Hardly....
But I haven't been around him much the last 5-7 years or so. Maybe he's matured a little.....
01-01-2011 01:15 PM
Advertisement

RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
(01-01-2011 01:15 PM)posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Wrote:  IMO, Josh is NOT a chip off the ole block. Hardly....
But I haven't been around him much the last 5-7 years or so. Maybe he's matured a little.....

I think he meant working with athletes like his father. But I have known Josh for 30 years and always gotten along great with him.

UH Class of 86. 04-rock

and Jo Lynn is awesome.
(This post was last modified: 01-01-2011 01:44 PM by RodShaw2.)
01-01-2011 01:41 PM
straightfromthehorsesmouth Offline
2nd String

I Root For: the underdog
(01-01-2011 01:15 PM)posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Wrote:  IMO, Josh is NOT a chip off the ole block. Hardly....

Doc would say that his Momma dropped him on his head one too many times OR he get's that from his Momma's side.
01-02-2011 12:00 PM
Buccaneerlover Offline
All American American

I Root For: ETSU/Mid Majors
Maybe the throngs of communist kickball fans can have Snuggie Night next year, where the first five fans in attendance recieve a free Snuggie. I bet they end up with four left over.
01-03-2011 02:03 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.