Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Congratulations Bob Linsey
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State
Congratulations Bob Linsey
http://www.recordpub.com/news/sports_article/4951837

Got his 400th win and is now 8-2.

Burden, think you follow the Woman’s team. How do they look?
12-21-2010 05:29 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

thanksjim Offline
All American

I Root For: KSU
RE: Congratulations Bob Linsey
There is a very nice tribute video on the Athletic website.
12-21-2010 09:29 PM
JimJoyce Offline
1st String

I Root For: KT ST
Bob Lindsay is very, very easy to take for granted. He doesn't mince words, tell people what they want to hear or play any political games. He just wins. Whether that's with a full bench available or six players, he wins. Kent State is very fortunate to have a man of his calibur on staff. Here's to the pursuit of Bob's and KSU Women's Basketball's next MAC Championship and continued assault on the MAC Basketball coaching record books!
12-22-2010 01:27 AM
Advertisement

burden Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
He has his best team since Studer,Zerman and Nance left. They can score. The player from France appears to be a legitimate 6' guard who can nail the threes. Also has a legitimate freshman center/4 that he is developing. The only problem is depth. He lost a freshman who was playing 10-15 minutes a game about 2-3 weeks ago (it wasn't an injury she just is no longer on the roster, grades or whatever) and a reliable back-up 1 and 2 guard Stutzman never returned (transferred to Ashland). Gibson the point guard better be ready to play all 40 all year and they could not withstand injuries very well. But with Lindsey that seems to always be the case. They have played a very easy schedule but they have been winning by 30+ not just sneaking by. We will know a lot more in a month. The womens MAC is much tougher relatively speaking than the mens so the real test is coming up. I still don't think they are good enough to handle BG and Akron and CMU will be tough. But overall a much more enjoyable team to watch.

One ominous sign is he starts 5 seniors and yet he did not have one early signee in Novemeber. You would expect a good freshman class since playing time will be very available next year (graduating 160 out of the 200 minutes). So I have a feeling we better do it this year as the rebuilding process will begin next year.
12-22-2010 10:42 AM
flashesfan21 Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Kent State Univ
(12-22-2010 01:27 AM)JimJoyce Wrote:  Bob Lindsay is very, very easy to take for granted. He doesn't mince words, tell people what they want to hear or play any political games. He just wins. Whether that's with a full bench available or six players, he wins. Kent State is very fortunate to have a man of his calibur on staff. Here's to the pursuit of Bob's and KSU Women's Basketball's next MAC Championship and continued assault on the MAC Basketball coaching record books!

I could not agree more!! Big Time congratulations to Coach Lindsay!!04-rock04-rock
12-22-2010 07:34 PM
KStud Offline
1st String

I Root For:
(12-22-2010 10:42 AM)burden Wrote:  He has his best team since Studer,Zerman and Nance left. They can score. The player from France appears to be a legitimate 6' guard who can nail the threes. Also has a legitimate freshman center/4 that he is developing. The only problem is depth. He lost a freshman who was playing 10-15 minutes a game about 2-3 weeks ago (it wasn't an injury she just is no longer on the roster, grades or whatever) and a reliable back-up 1 and 2 guard Stutzman never returned (transferred to Ashland). Gibson the point guard better be ready to play all 40 all year and they could not withstand injuries very well. But with Lindsey that seems to always be the case. They have played a very easy schedule but they have been winning by 30+ not just sneaking by. We will know a lot more in a month. The womens MAC is much tougher relatively speaking than the mens so the real test is coming up. I still don't think they are good enough to handle BG and Akron and CMU will be tough. But overall a much more enjoyable team to watch.

One ominous sign is he starts 5 seniors and yet he did not have one early signee in Novemeber. You would expect a good freshman class since playing time will be very available next year (graduating 160 out of the 200 minutes). So I have a feeling we better do it this year as the rebuilding process will begin next year.

Lindsay got off the mat a few years ago when it looked like the program was headed for hibernation. We will know a lot more though in six weeks. They have been playing the weak sisters so far.
12-22-2010 10:38 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.