Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

RPI has us 21-8 and 14-2 in conference play.
Bookmark and Share
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
RPI has us 21-8 and 14-2 in conference play.
I think anyone of us would be happy with that. I don't see it happening, but who knows. Then all we'd have to worry about was winning our tournament.01-lauramac2
12-20-2010 05:24 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
RE: RPI has us 21-8 and 14-2 in conference play.
Good grief! Where did that come from?
12-20-2010 05:27 PM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

(12-20-2010 05:27 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  Good grief! Where did that come from?

They pretty much decide the outcome of games by comparing schools RPI's. I believe the only schools in the Belt, with better RPI's than us are FAU and UNT. I guess they figure we'll beat UNT here. I don't necessarily agree with their predictions. But as we play more and more games, the RPI numbers do become more meaningful. There is no one left on our schedule we can't beat. Like always, the results of a handful of close games will determine whether we have a very good season or a mediocre one. Since we have no record on a neutral court, I'll go ahead and be optimistic and predict a sweep in Vegas. Unfortunately, our toughest game will be Akron, tomorrow.
12-20-2010 05:45 PM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-20-2010 05:45 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(12-20-2010 05:27 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  Good grief! Where did that come from?

They pretty much decide the outcome of games by comparing schools RPI's. I believe the only schools in the Belt, with better RPI's than us are FAU and UNT. I guess they figure we'll beat UNT here. I don't necessarily agree with their predictions. But as we play more and more games, the RPI numbers do become more meaningful. There is no one left on our schedule we can't beat. Like always, the results of a handful of close games will determine whether we have a very good season or a mediocre one. Since we have no record on a neutral court, I'll go ahead and be optimistic and predict a sweep in Vegas. Unfortunately, our toughest game will be Akron, tomorrow.

I would think the way ORU manhandled us in Tulsa, that would have to be our toughest game. Akron might be second. And Stetson did beat Wake Forest. I don't recall us defeating any ACC teams lately.04-cheers
12-20-2010 05:47 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
(12-20-2010 05:47 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  I don't recall us defeating any ACC teams lately.04-cheers

No, but in the case of Wake this year, we would have a reasonable shot. They are not very good.
12-20-2010 06:39 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-20-2010 06:39 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  
(12-20-2010 05:47 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  I don't recall us defeating any ACC teams lately.04-cheers

No, but in the case of Wake this year, we would have a reasonable shot. They are not very good.

I don't know how good Ole Miss is, and they're not an ACC team, but they made us look like junior high team, and I have to believe that we couldn't stay on the court with an ACC team like Wake at this time. I would like to think we have reached a point where we could, but I'm not real positive about this team right now. If by some chance we do real well in the Vegas tournament, then maybe I'll feel like we've sort of turned the corner for this year, but if we lose two or more of the three games, I will not have high expectations for the year. Will I stop attending the games? Of course not. I'm like MJS and Mr. Mediocrity in that I look forward to attending every home game. And I realize we're going to lose some games every year, no matter how good we are. But I just keep holding out for better results. Not getting them yet, but maybe in time. It is somewhat frustrating for us old time fans that with all the improvements in our facilities and the campus, and we're still stuck with a mediocre program. Fans deserve better.04-cheers
12-21-2010 10:07 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.