Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

We have dropped to #129 with a 4-5 record,
Bookmark and Share
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
We have dropped to #129 with a 4-5 record,
(only D1 games count in the RPI rankings), and are expected to lose five of the next six games. Boy I hope they're wrong about that.03-melodramatic
12-17-2010 10:42 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
RE: We have dropped to #129 with a 4-5 record,
(12-17-2010 10:42 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  (only D1 games count in the RPI rankings), and are expected to lose five of the next six games. Boy I hope they're wrong about that.03-melodramatic

Some here spend a lot of time worrying about that kind of stuff. It'll all shake out on the floor.
12-17-2010 10:50 PM
Advertisement

PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(12-17-2010 10:50 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(12-17-2010 10:42 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  (only D1 games count in the RPI rankings), and are expected to lose five of the next six games. Boy I hope they're wrong about that.03-melodramatic

Some here spend a lot of time worrying about that kind of stuff. It'll all shake out on the floor.

At this point, I'll be suprised if we win one of the six. We probably will, but I have no faith that we will. Things are just not very good.
12-17-2010 11:37 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(12-17-2010 11:37 PM)PTJR Wrote:  
(12-17-2010 10:50 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  

At this point, I'll be suprised if we win one of the six. We probably will, but I have no faith that we will. Things are just not very good.

I was going to create a new post, but what I have to say goes with this, so I'll just create an addendum to what you just said. It's sad when loyal fans like you who have supported this program for many years and probably like me really thought ten or so years ago, and especially when we opened the Stephens Center, that we had a chance by this time to be moving to a Gonzaga or UAB type program.

I saw great opportunities to recruit players who could get to the NCAA and win games against BCS teams on occasion. I guess that's why I'm so frustrated that we're probably no better than we were ten years ago, even with all our advantages. Not only the arena, but a slow, but steady move to becoming somewhat a more traditional campus. I give Chris credit for scheduling opponents that give us a chance to elevate our program, but we're not doing it. By now this program should be able to go on the road and hold their own against nearly any mid major, and defeat some BCS teams. But we're not doing that. That I think is what is frustrating some long time fans, and sadly some are just going along with it, rationalizing that it's allright. It's just a game and it's entertainment. That's fine to a point, but if you're going to play with the big boys in D1 ball, you have to have the players to do it. I heard someone say on ESPN this morning that there are only two types of coaches. Those who have talented players, and those who are unemployed. One of the best lines I've heard.

We're sitting here again waiting for players we 've recruited for next season. We've been counting on those players every year for a decade, and it's not happening. They never seem to be as good on the court as they are on paper. Either this coaching staff must move the program forward, or step down and allow someone else a chance. This can't go on forever. NCAA or change after this season.01-lauramac2
12-18-2010 10:24 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.