Kent State Golden Flashes

Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

MAC Center question
imradioboy Offline
2nd String

I Root For:
MAC Center question
I'm sitting here watching the Kent State vs. USF game, and I noticed that nobody is sitting in the glassed in seating above the one end of the court. It seems to me that nobody is ever sitting up there. How does one get the opportunity to use that area? Has there ever been any talk about maybe breaking it into three or four smaller boxes, instead of one large one?
12-12-2010 06:36 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Sultan of Euphonistan Offline
All American

I Root For: Baritones
RE: MAC Center question
I am still upset that they finally cleaned up all the confetti that the band and I threw up there on the outside ledge.

I think that is used for official functions at the university. For instance if they wanted to have a fund raising event they could have it during a basketball game. Watch the game, eat food, talk, not have to deal with the riff-Raff like me.

EDIT: Finally I thought I would never be able to post.
(This post was last modified: 12-13-2010 12:10 AM by Sultan of Euphonistan.)
12-13-2010 12:09 AM
Flash FreaK 81 Offline
2nd String

I Root For: KSU
(12-12-2010 06:36 PM)imradioboy Wrote:  I'm sitting here watching the Kent State vs. USF game, and I noticed that nobody is sitting in the glassed in seating above the one end of the court. It seems to me that nobody is ever sitting up there. How does one get the opportunity to use that area? Has there ever been any talk about maybe breaking it into three or four smaller boxes, instead of one large one?

As posted above, it is used to host groups (Branch Campus, Veterans day, youth BB groups, alumni, etc). Some games have no events. I believe that if no group/function is using the loge, all members of the Golden Flashes Club (formerly Blue & Gold Fund) can sit up there. Due to the glass, you can't hear the game so it's not much fun.

As for the future, didviding it up into 4 smaller loges is in the drawings (selling them to indidviduals. corporations). This will comes as part of an overall MACC renovation. No firm date has been set for this renovation. With such a tight budget, may be 3-4 years away.
12-13-2010 06:55 AM
Advertisement

goldenflash99 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Kent State
I've sat there for alumni events and it's not much fun. Way to quiet.
12-13-2010 07:50 AM
FlashFan Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Kent State
Agree. I’ve been invited to watch games in the loge and stayed for only a few minutes after tip off. Fans have way more fun in the regular seats.
12-13-2010 08:20 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.