Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Come on Foley, make up your mind
Bookmark and Share
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
Come on Foley, make up your mind
Either play Chastity or cut her loose. If she's not going to play, get rid of her. Knowing that she's sitting on the bench and we're losing, is worse than knowing we no longer have her on the team.
12-11-2010 12:15 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
RE: Come on Foley, make up your mind
(12-11-2010 12:15 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  Either play Chastity or cut her loose. If she's not going to play, get rid of her. Knowing that she's sitting on the bench and we're losing, is worse than knowing we no longer have her on the team.

I don't think it would serve any purpose to cut a senior All American candidate from your team, unless she had committed a felony or something along those lines, which obviously she hasn't. Maybe that's part of coaching. Teaching kids lifelong lessons with some tough love.
I certainly hate it that there is this problem between Coach Foley and Chas, but if it helps here learn to control her emotions and adapt to a system with rules and make her a better person, then that should be worth it.

Maybe if Zack Wright and Stevie Moore had been handled differently, they would have been able to play their senior seasons at UALR.
It's easier to cut a kid loose then to try and help he or she learn to behave like responsible adults. I wonder if Steve ever looks back and thinks that maybe those situations could have been handled differently. Maybe he would do the same thing all over again, knowing the situation like he did. I'm not blaming Steve for anything. I don't really know what went on. I think tough love made Mike Smith a better person and player. But it would have been nice for those kids who had played three years here to have finished their careers at UALR.04-cheers
12-11-2010 12:31 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

If his tough love hasn't gotten her attention by now, either cut her or play her. I'm ready for a decision to be made, one way or the other. If he feels like she needs to be dismissed from the squad, I'll support that decision, but make a decision one way or the other.
12-11-2010 12:38 PM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(12-11-2010 12:38 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  If his tough love hasn't gotten her attention by now, either cut her or play her. I'm ready for a decision to be made, one way or the other. If he feels like she needs to be dismissed from the squad, I'll support that decision, but make a decision one way or the other.

I think the decision has been made. When they come to an understanding, she'll play. Until then, she won't. You have to admire a coach for being willing to sit his star player down when needed. Some of us have complained when Steve allowed certain players to do things over and over without repercussions, so I don't want to criticize Coach Foley for his decision, since I have no earthly idea what's going on. It will work itself out, one way or another. If she was an underclassman, I think he might handle it differently, but she's meant so much to this program I think he doesn't want her to go out on bad terms. I really believe he cares about Chas, but she's just got to do what he wants here to do or she'll ride the bench. I have a feeling you'll get your wish, and she'll be playing more soon.04-cheers
12-11-2010 12:46 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-11-2010 12:46 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  I think the decision has been made. When they come to an understanding, she'll play. Until then, she won't. You have to admire a coach for being willing to sit his star player down when needed. Some of us have complained when Steve allowed certain players to do things over and over without repercussions, so I don't want to criticize Coach Foley for his decision, since I have no earthly idea what's going on. It will work itself out, one way or another. If she was an underclassman, I think he might handle it differently, but she's meant so much to this program I think he doesn't want her to go out on bad terms. I really believe he cares about Chas, but she's just got to do what he wants here to do or she'll ride the bench. I have a feeling you'll get your wish, and she'll be playing more soon.04-cheers

I do admire a coach for sitting a player, especially his star player when she needs it. I just think that it's been long enough that she either gets the point or she doesn't. I'm ready for her to play, or if he's not going to play her, to cut the cord. I'd rather for us to play without her for the remainder of the year if she isn't going to cooperate, than to have her around not playing. She either does it Foley's way, or hits the highway. The team might play better knowing that she's gone, than to think that she'll come off the bench and save the day for them. It hasn't worked this way. We're losing game we shouldn't be losing.
12-11-2010 01:43 PM
ez272 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Little Rock
What we have here is a failure to communicate.
12-12-2010 01:34 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.