Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Would it have really killed...
Bookmark and Share
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
Would it have really killed...
Wally to mention tomorrow's UALR vs. Ole Miss game in his column today? It is his home town school, and I believe his alma mater.
12-10-2010 01:33 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
RE: Would it have really killed...
No, but Fayetteville might have.
12-10-2010 01:51 PM
Scotto Offline

I Root For: Longshot to Win
Damn Fayetteville.
12-10-2010 01:58 PM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

(12-10-2010 01:51 PM)MICHAELSPAPPY Wrote:  No, but Fayetteville might have.

An SEC coming to Little Rock is an "event". It should be talked about before tomorrow. I can't imagine it won't make the front page of the Sports section, tomorrow, but I've been disappointed so many times by the Demozette that I'm not holding my breath.
12-10-2010 02:01 PM
Scotto Offline

I thought the SEC West sucks. What's up with the fascination of playing a bad school from an even worse conference. We should win by 30.
12-10-2010 02:20 PM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

(12-10-2010 02:20 PM)Scotto Wrote:  I thought the SEC West sucks. What's up with the fascination of playing a bad school from an even worse conference. We should win by 30.

They are in a BCS conference. They regularly go to postseason. They have dominated the Chickenhawgs for years. This is only the second SEC team (BCS team?) we have ever played at home. It would be a nice win for any midmajor and a big win for us. Platt beat Tennessee and Wimp beat Mississippi State- any other wins over SEC teams?
12-10-2010 02:34 PM
Advertisement

Scotto Offline

Just pointing out the inconsistencies of bad-mouthing the SEC and then, when we play them, putting them on a pedestal.
12-10-2010 03:36 PM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

(12-10-2010 03:36 PM)Scotto Wrote:  Just pointing out the inconsistencies of bad-mouthing the SEC and then, when we play them, putting them on a pedestal.

Yes, I see your point. However, ASU fans could bad mouth Big East football, but still be pretty excited if Pitt, West Virginia, or Syracuse came down to play in Jonesboro.
12-10-2010 04:06 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(12-10-2010 01:33 PM)mjs Wrote:  Wally to mention tomorrow's UALR vs. Ole Miss game in his column today? It is his home town school, and I believe his alma mater.

Yes, he had to write an article about the pigs, and I assume he's allowed only so many words.
12-10-2010 04:20 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
(12-10-2010 02:20 PM)Scotto Wrote:  I thought the SEC West sucks. What's up with the fascination of playing a bad school from an even worse conference. We should win by 30.

The SEC West does suck when compared to other BCS leagues. But as stated before, Ole Miss and Mississippi State are fairly good and the Chickenhawgs might get there too if things come together right. The two Alabama schools along with LSU are bad. I would be really disappointed if one of them were coming in here tomorrow and we didn't win. The SEC East is very solid. But even as bad as the SEC West sucks by BCS standards, the SBC is sucking even worse this year by Mid-Major standards.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2010 04:32 PM by PTJR.)
12-10-2010 04:31 PM
Scotto Offline

Lord help us if we lose.
12-10-2010 04:42 PM
Advertisement

PTJR Offline
Heisman

(12-10-2010 04:42 PM)Scotto Wrote:  Lord help us if we lose.

That would be my attitude if we weren't playing one of the Mississippi teams. And in the history of Little Rock basketball, I think the two SEC teams from Mississippi are the only ones who have ever given us a home game.

But while were at it Scotto, just what is it about the SEC West teams' performance on the court this year so far that makes you think as a whole that division is very good? They certainly sucked hind tit last year.
12-10-2010 04:50 PM
Scotto Offline

Never said it was good. I guess I'm just used to watching SEC teams and am not as enamored by the idea of having one grace our house. They suck. We should win by 30.
12-10-2010 04:54 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

(12-10-2010 04:54 PM)Scotto Wrote:  Never said it was good. I guess I'm just used to watching SEC teams and am not as enamored by the idea of having one grace our house. They suck. We should win by 30.

It's actually a pretty big deal anywhere in the world of mid majors in leagues like ours to have any BCS team come to town. Not just an SEC team. This is true for all teams that are at Little Rock's level. We just don't get visits from BCS teams except once in a blue moon.

The only ones in regular season that I can recall from watching Trojan basketball for 30 years or so are:

1) Clemson at the Statehouse Convention Center. Newell coaching.
2) Texas Tech at Barton Coliseum. Wimp coaching.
3) Oklahoma State at Alltel. Moncrief coaching, or acting as coach.
4) Mississippi State at Alltel. Porter coaching.
5) Ole Miss tomorrow.

Can anybody think of any others?
12-10-2010 05:03 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(12-10-2010 02:34 PM)mjs Wrote:  

They are in a BCS conference. They regularly go to postseason. They have dominated the Chickenhawgs for years. This is only the second SEC team (BCS team?) we have ever played at home. It would be a nice win for any midmajor and a big win for us. Platt beat Tennessee and Wimp beat Mississippi State- any other wins over SEC teams?

I didn't remember Platt beating Tennesee. I clearly recall the Miss State game. Looking back, it wasn't Fish who made the winning shot, but he made the winning pass that set up the dunk by Derek Crayton which did win the game. One of our greatest wins.04-cheers
12-10-2010 05:08 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(12-10-2010 05:03 PM)PTJR Wrote:  The only ones in regular season that I can recall from watching Trojan basketball for 30 years or so are:

5) Ole Miss tomorrow.

I remember Colorado coming into to Barton, and Houston(coached by Pat Foster) who was picked to win the SWC that year, getting their asses kicked by about 30 points at Barton.
12-10-2010 06:05 PM
Advertisement

mdtntrojanceo Offline
Bench Warmer

(12-10-2010 06:05 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(12-10-2010 05:03 PM)PTJR Wrote:  The only ones in regular season that I can recall from watching Trojan basketball for 30 years or so are:

5) Ole Miss tomorrow.

I remember Colorado coming into to Barton, and Houston(coached by Pat Foster) who was picked to win the SWC that year, getting their asses kicked by about 30 points at Barton.

I was at the UALR vs UT game in Knoxville. I was the only person in the stands cheering for the trojans! Great night, great memories! Sent a copy of the local paper to Coach and he was nice enough to send me a thank you card.

Go Trojans!!!!!
12-10-2010 06:11 PM
mjs Online
Hall of Famer

(12-10-2010 06:11 PM)mdtntrojanceo Wrote:  

5) Ole Miss tomorrow.

I was at the UALR vs UT game in Knoxville. I was the only person in the stands cheering for the trojans! Great night, great memories! Sent a copy of the local paper to Coach and he was nice enough to send me a thank you card.

Go Trojans!!!!!

He actually had it framed and hanging up in the basketball office.
12-10-2010 06:30 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

(12-10-2010 06:30 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(12-10-2010 06:11 PM)mdtntrojanceo Wrote:  

5) Ole Miss tomorrow.

Go Trojans!!!!!

He actually had it framed and hanging up in the basketball office.

Actually, I'm the one who had it framed and gave it to him. MidTNTrojanCEO sent me a copy too.
(This post was last modified: 12-10-2010 07:07 PM by PTJR.)
12-10-2010 07:05 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

5) Ole Miss tomorrow.

That win pissed Orville Henry off more than anything I can remember. He made a big deal out of the fact that UALR paid Houston to play the game, like that wasn't acceptable. Wonder what he would think of all the bought Chickenhawg home patsy victories that happen about 10 times a year these days. He would have figured out some convoluted way of saying that was different somehow.
12-10-2010 07:10 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.