Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Saluki fans...interest or obession?
Bookmark and Share
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
Saluki fans...interest or obession?
For those of you who haven't check SIU's message board I'd like to introduce you to their comments. Again I'll say that they have a strange obsession with Coach Kill. Someone needs to count how many Coach Kill threads they have. Who is their real football coach nowadays???? Obviously NO one who follows college football gives a damn who their football coach is, especially SIU fans. I say that because they haven't mentioned their football team in MONTHS on their message board. I suppose that is FCS football..... They don't seem to agree with FBS football, and seem to randomly make up NIU attendance figures for bowl games and other games. I guess NIU would be better off playing in the FCS playoffs in Chattanooga, KY where NO ONE will watch or remember our team playing. I would say NIU playing in Boise on the blue turf is better than SIU playing ANYWHERE for FCS playoffs. I don't get their love for coach dumb ass. Just because he couldn't leave their ass out to dry for FCS playoffs doesn't mean he wouldn't have. The Saluki fans seem rather stupid, but I wouldn't put that much past anyone who received an education south of I-80.
12-08-2010 12:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Huskiefan38 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies!!!
RE: Saluki fans...interest or obession?
(12-08-2010 12:40 AM)Big_Man Wrote:  For those of you who haven't check SIU's message board I'd like to introduce you to their comments. Again I'll say that they have a strange obsession with Coach Kill. Someone needs to count how many Coach Kill threads they have. Who is their real football coach nowadays???? Obviously NO one who follows college football gives a damn who their football coach is, especially SIU fans. I say that because they haven't mentioned their football team in MONTHS on their message board. I suppose that is FCS football..... They don't seem to agree with FBS football, and seem to randomly make up NIU attendance figures for bowl games and other games. I guess NIU would be better off playing in the FCS playoffs in Chattanooga, KY where NO ONE will watch or remember our team playing. I would say NIU playing in Boise on the blue turf is better than SIU playing ANYWHERE for FCS playoffs. I don't get their love for coach dumb ass. Just because he couldn't leave their ass out to dry for FCS playoffs doesn't mean he wouldn't have. The Saluki fans seem rather stupid, but I wouldn't put that much past anyone who received an education south of I-80.

He did basically abandoned them during FCS playoffs

And they love Coach Kill because he (literally) saved their football program from extinction.

And I would say FCS playoffs vs FBS bowl game is about the same, depending on how far you get in the playoffs. They are just at different levels.
12-08-2010 12:48 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
rabidawg900 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: We Are Huskies
Um...have you looked on here and seen how many Novak threads there are? He was a legend at SIU, but just a blip on our radar, really.
12-08-2010 01:00 AM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I Root For: NIU
As 38 said, he literally saved their football program.

SIU football fans are kind of dumb though. They said NIU wasn't an upgrade from SIU when he took the job (lol).
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2010 01:11 AM by 7.)
12-08-2010 01:11 AM
Huskiefan38 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies!!!
(12-08-2010 01:11 AM)7 Wrote:  As 38 said, he literally saved their football program.

SIU football fans are kind of dumb though. They said NIU wasn't an upgrade from SIU when he took the job (lol).

lol I wouldn't say dumb (in defense for flames)

I think SIU fans actually (in general) have a much higher sports IQ than NIU fans haha ....... but besides the point, I think they are just very excited about their program. Possibly too excited, a lot like some of us really =P
12-08-2010 01:22 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

Nope dumb seems right on to me (not including my boy of course).
12-08-2010 01:41 AM
Advertisement

NIU1981 Online
Heisman

I Root For: Peace & Equity
As irritated as we are with the way Kill left let's be fair. He did not abandon SIU during their playoffs. NIU did not even contact him until they had been eliminated that year.
12-08-2010 09:35 AM
Flames24Rulz Offline
All American

I Root For: SIU and NIU
How are we dumb? Because they're happy for a guy that is having success, who again literally saved our football program?

The reason most of the people on SalukiTalk don't agree with FBS football is because of the cost of it. 38 is right. What's the difference between a mid-level bowl game and being an FCS championship contender? Not a whole lot. And that's coming from somebody that would like to move up to FBS eventually.

And what the hell are you talking about that we haven't mentioned our football team in "months?" You're just making **** up. Our last game was over three weeks ago, a meaningless game, and yet we still had a pretty good game thread on there. If you're going to say people on there make up stuff, the last thing you should do is make **** up.

Get your facts straight, or better yet, get your glasses cleaned so you can actually read what's being posted on there.
12-08-2010 09:47 AM
Flames24Rulz Offline
All American

(12-08-2010 09:35 AM)NIU1981 Wrote:  As irritated as we are with the way Kill left let's be fair. He did not abandon SIU during their playoffs. NIU did not even contact him until they had been eliminated that year.

That's simply not true either. Ben Gross posted on another thread that he talked to NIU during the lead-up to the Delaware game.

There's also been other people associated with SIU that have said the same thing.
12-08-2010 09:48 AM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: NIU Huskies

Donators
(12-08-2010 09:48 AM)Flames24Rulz Wrote:  
(12-08-2010 09:35 AM)NIU1981 Wrote:  As irritated as we are with the way Kill left let's be fair. He did not abandon SIU during their playoffs. NIU did not even contact him until they had been eliminated that year.

That's simply not true either. Ben Gross posted on another thread that he talked to NIU during the lead-up to the Delaware game.

There's also been other people associated with SIU that have said the same thing.

Seems like a modus operandi for this guy.

I have often been called a bald-headed goon. In this situation, I would like to relinquish my title to someone much more deserving.
12-08-2010 10:01 AM
NIU007 Offline
Legend

I Root For: NIU, MAC
(12-08-2010 09:48 AM)Flames24Rulz Wrote:  

Thanks for the info. Apparently it's a pattern with Kill. The players deserved better than that, both at SIU and NIU. Though I can understand SIU fans still liking him if he saved their program.
12-08-2010 10:20 AM
Advertisement

cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Neither the Huskie fans nor Saluki fans on message boards are dumb as a group. It's a gross generalization to express such views.

Both have their share of foolish posts. Both boards also have passionate fans who offer worthwhile dialogue. Neither board has a lock on "truth and wisdom." It's merely the nature of the forum beast.

Kill was at SIU many more yrs than @ NIU. Quite naturally more SIU posters had yrs to assess, analyze and discuss the merits and shortcomings of Kill. He did rescue them from the edge of extinction.

I do not consider it an obession. They were quick to move on when he left and Lenon started. Many mostly believed Kill would succeed and leave NIU rather quickly. They were right on. I read their board regularly for awhile in the post Kill era.

Had Novak moved elsewhere at a younger age from NIU & continued to coach I suspect Huskie fans would be chattering awhile about him again too.

Go Huskies & Go Salukis. They are our rivals at times and brothers in kinship at other times when playing UI. Just imagine for a moment how cool it would be for NIU to have a bball coach and program like SIU's given their current and previous bball coach. I respect and admire that but luv NIU more.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2010 11:26 AM by cyberdawg.)
12-08-2010 11:18 AM
epasnoopy Online
Diehard Huskie

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(12-08-2010 09:47 AM)Flames24Rulz Wrote:  The reason most of the people on SalukiTalk don't agree with FBS football is because of the cost of it. 38 is right. What's the difference between a mid-level bowl game and being an FCS championship contender? Not a whole lot. And that's coming from somebody that would like to move up to FBS eventually.

1-AA football has been shown to be just as much a money-drain as 1-A football. There's also articles out there talking about how 1-AA schools are losing a lot of money by playing in the playoffs, just like we lose money playing in a bowl game.

I think the biggest difference is very few people follow 1-AA football and it gets no regular season national coverage (unless playing another 1-A team).
12-08-2010 11:30 AM
Flames24Rulz Offline
All American

(12-08-2010 11:30 AM)epasnoopy Wrote:  
(12-08-2010 09:47 AM)Flames24Rulz Wrote:  The reason most of the people on SalukiTalk don't agree with FBS football is because of the cost of it. 38 is right. What's the difference between a mid-level bowl game and being an FCS championship contender? Not a whole lot. And that's coming from somebody that would like to move up to FBS eventually.

1-AA football has been shown to be just as much a money-drain as 1-A football. There's also articles out there talking about how 1-AA schools are losing a lot of money by playing in the playoffs, just like we lose money playing in a bowl game.

I think the biggest difference is very few people follow 1-AA football and it gets no regular season national coverage (unless playing another 1-A team).

Right, but the cost of actually transitioning to an FBS school is what scares away a lot of people. It's not cheap and it's not like we, or the state as a whole, has the money to be doing that right now.

Again, nobody on here knows who won the Kraft Fight Hunger Bowl four years ago. I bet more people could guess that Appalachian State won the I-AA title than name the winner of that bowl game. There's positives and negatives of the FBS/FCS debate but as of right now, it probably makes more sense to just stay in the FCS for us.
12-08-2010 01:40 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

SIU fans are dumb because they seriously couldn't understand why Kill would leave SIU for NIU. How is that not dumb?
12-08-2010 01:43 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

And the only reason people could tell you App State won the National Champions in 1AA is because they beat Michigan, don't get kid yourself. I can't tell you who won it last year, or who has even won it besides App State.

Nobody cares about 1AA football, at all.
12-08-2010 01:48 PM
Advertisement

cawoo22 Offline
Northern Yankee Prick

I Root For: The NIU Huskies
(12-08-2010 01:48 PM)7 Wrote:  And the only reason people could tell you App State won the National Champions in 1AA is because they beat Michigan, don't get kid yourself. I can't tell you who won it last year, or who has even won it besides App State.

Nobody cares about 1AA football, at all.

Didn't Villanova? We know that because they beat Temple's ass. 03-lmfao
12-08-2010 01:50 PM
Flames24Rulz Offline
All American

(12-08-2010 01:43 PM)7 Wrote:  SIU fans are dumb because they seriously couldn't understand why Kill would leave SIU for NIU. How is that not dumb?

Well that's stupid. I said that at the time too. Don't kid yourself.
12-08-2010 01:53 PM
cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(12-08-2010 01:43 PM)7 Wrote:  SIU fans are dumb because they seriously couldn't understand why Kill would leave SIU for NIU. How is that not dumb?

I recall some SIU fans did and others did not understand Kills decision to leave SIU for NIU. Try not lumping everyone into the same pile of turds for that would be truly dumb.
12-08-2010 04:35 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

(12-08-2010 01:53 PM)Flames24Rulz Wrote:  

Well that's stupid. I said that at the time too. Don't kid yourself.
Then I'll put you in with the rest of SIU fans. Anybody who doesn't understand why somebody would leave FCS for FBS is seriously missing something upstairs. It's not like he was going to EMU either, he was going to a school with a good football progam. Same thing with anybody who doesn't understand why you'd leave the MAC for the Big 10.
(This post was last modified: 12-08-2010 04:40 PM by 7.)
12-08-2010 04:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.