Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

might get some snow for Football on Saturday
Bookmark and Share
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

I Root For: America and UC
might get some snow for Football on Saturday
Snow
Snow, accumulating 1-3 inches for the morning. Snow, accumulating 1-3 inches in the afternoon. Mostly cloudy, a bit of snow; cold in the evening. Mostly cloudy and cold with flurries overnight.

http://cincinnati.weather.gannettonline....i&State=OH

When was the last snow game, a Memphis or ECU game back in the early 90's?

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2010 06:51 AM by SuperFlyBCat.)
12-02-2010 06:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Ragpicker Offline
All American

I Root For: Black & Gold
Donators
RE: might get some snow for Football on Saturday
Last big snowfall I can remember at a UC game was in 1993 against Memphis. It was homecoming. Forecast was for flurries but by the middle of the 2nd half several inches had come down.

It wasn't too cold so the snow was very wet and heavy. Mrs. Ragpicker and I sat underneath the Shank Pavillion and watched the players slide around on the field (astro-turf back then). I believe the Cats won with a late field goal, 23-20.

I think UC was still an Independent back then and the Cats played 4 MAC schools, a I-AA program, and a few future Conference USA foes. We have come along way in less than 20 years.

(This post was last modified: 12-02-2010 10:01 AM by Ragpicker.)
12-02-2010 09:56 AM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

That sound about right Rag. Late field goal won it. I also thought we had a snow game vs. ECU when Jeff Blake was their QB.
Around 95-96' we had a very cold game vs. Memphis, think we won that 21-0, no snow for that one.

12-02-2010 10:56 AM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
Snow could reach 3 inches Saturday
Deep freeze here to stay a while

By Jennifer Baker • jbaker@enquirer.com • December 2, 2010

Our first measurable snowfall is expected Saturday in the midst of a deep freeze that will bring Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky its coldest temperatures so far this season.

There’s a 70 percent chance of 1-3 inches of snow Saturday, starting around daybreak, said National Weather Service meteorologist Allen Randall.

Thursday morning started on a blustery note with a temperature of 29 degrees at the Greater Cincinnati/Northern Kentucky International Airport, according to the Weather Service in Wilmington.

With the wind factored in, it felt about 20 degrees, said Randall.

The high later will only warm to 36. Wind chills will remain in the 20s throughout the day with winds gusting about 10 mph, he said.

A passing flurry could fly around evening rush hour. No accumulation is expected.

“It would be rather insignificant if we do see it,” Randall said.

Lower than normal temperatures for this time of year will continue overnight and through the weekend.

Highs will be in the 30s and lows will be in the 20s Friday, Saturday and Sunday. With the wind factored in, it will feel about 10 degrees colder than those temperatures, Randall warned.

The normal high for this time of year is 47. The normal low is 31.

Next week looks even worse with daytime highs in the 20s and overnight lows in the teens.

http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20101...w-possible

12-02-2010 11:53 AM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

Things to do for Saturday,
-Wake up
-Take shower
-Dress very warm
-Pour Bourbon into Flask
Don't forget tickets

12-02-2010 12:04 PM
QSECOFR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: CCM
I hope we get 8" of snow. I just bought a snow blower and I want to think that I didn't waste my money!

12-02-2010 01:08 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
THURSDAY EVENING UPDATE

BE SURE CHECK BACK WE ARE TRACKING A SYSTEM FOR SATURDAY.

The Alberta Clipper that is heading our way is forecast to move farther south than earlier model runs and that takes the heaviest snow well south of the FOX19 viewing area. We will get some snow but now it looks like the greatest accumulation will be about an inch in the FOX19 viewing area and that southwest of the metro area. Warren, Clinton and Butler Counties may get just some light flurries. As always in snow forecasting that could change!

http://www.fox19.com/Global/story.asp?S=...ormat=HTML

12-02-2010 03:36 PM
Advertisement

Ragpicker Offline
All American

I Root For: Black & Gold
Donators
03-nerner
(12-02-2010 01:08 PM)QSECOFR Wrote:  I hope we get 8" of snow. I just bought a snow blower and I want to think that I didn't waste my money!

12-02-2010 03:53 PM
Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators
I remember a sparsely attended Syracuse game (we won on a late kick 13 - 12???) during the Minter years... some student built a snowman in the shank pavillion during the game.

12-02-2010 04:05 PM
DelhiBearcat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wholesome Chat
I don't know if I've ever been as cold as I was at the UK game where Pelfrey missed a kick or two. Think it was snowing some that day.

12-02-2010 10:12 PM
Advertisement

SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

Snow expected all day Saturday

By Jennifer Baker • jbaker@enquirer.com • December 3, 2010

The first measurable snowfall of the season will arrive about 5:30 a.m. Saturday, and continue off and on all day, according to the National Weather Service in Wilmington.

The weather service is predicting 2-3 inches across the entire Greater Cincinnati and Northern Kentucky region. That estimation is up slightly from the original forecast of 1-3 inches.

• Radar, current conditions, latest forecast

The snow should taper off by midnight.

Lower than normal temperatures for this time of year will keep the mercury in the deep freeze Friday and this weekend.

Highs will be in the 30s, and lows will be in the 20s through Sunday. With the wind chill factored in, it will feel about 10 degrees colder than those temperatures.

The normal high for this time of year is 47. The normal low is 31.

Next week looks even worse with daytime highs in the 20s and overnight lows in the teens.

12-03-2010 08:00 AM
bearcatjim Offline
Exquisitely Aware

I Root For: Quartinos
Donators
(12-02-2010 10:12 PM)DelhiBearcat Wrote:  I don't know if I've ever been as cold as I was at the UK game where Pelfrey missed a kick or two. Think it was snowing some that day.

Game at UK in mid -90s when Mo Williams ran for 300+ yards on us. That was really cold...and they don't even sell alcohol to make you forget the pain!

12-03-2010 04:00 PM
SuperFlyBCat Offline
Banned

(12-03-2010 04:00 PM)bearcatjim Wrote:  
(12-02-2010 10:12 PM)DelhiBearcat Wrote:  I don't know if I've ever been as cold as I was at the UK game where Pelfrey missed a kick or two. Think it was snowing some that day.

Game at UK in mid -90s when Mo Williams ran for 300+ yards on us. That was really cold...and they don't even sell alcohol to make you forget the pain!

Yeah I remember that game Jim. We clobbered UK at Nippert then the next year they beat us up some in Lexington. Williams bounced off of a Sam Garnes hit (didn't wrap him up) and busted a long TD run. He was a fine RB and had a good NFL career.

12-03-2010 04:14 PM
DelhiBearcat Offline
1st String

I Root For: Wholesome Chat
I was talking about the one at Nippert. I remember my step-sister was probably about 12 or so and stood in The Shoe for the majority of the game since they were letting people go in to get into the heat.

12-03-2010 10:55 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.