Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

post game ranting savanah state
Bookmark and Share
b Away
Greatest of All Time

I Root For: YO MOMMA!!

Donators
post game ranting savanah state
UC has the tools, sometimes they just lose focus.

I like the D for the most part. Never seen them playing the passing lane like this in a while. If they gamble for steals, they need to find a shotblocker to erase those missed steals.

their offense flows through gates. when they can't get it to gates, they struggle.

this teams problems are the from the neck up.

11-24-2010 08:56 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Bruce Monnin Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Cincinnati
RE: post game ranting savanah state
Hard to draw too many conclusions after the fourth unheard of opponent in a row. Has to feel like exhibition season to the players.

First big test against Dayton this weekend.

11-24-2010 09:21 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
bearcats23 Offline
All American

I Root For: bearcats23
I don't really expect them to look fantastic against their 4th straight lame opponent (not even counting the exhibitions). It's hard to get up for a game when you're playing a fourth straight bad opponent in front of a crowd that's at 25% capacity.

11-24-2010 09:32 PM
Bearcat04 Online
Heisman

I Root For: The CATS
Gates and Thomas were way too soft tonight. The combined to miss 14 out of 22 shots and only went to the line 5 times against a really small team. Far too often the bigs avoid contact in the paint and end up taking more difficult shots as a result. There should have been a bevy of and-1 plays against this team.

Definitely give them credit for playing very hard on defense. Couldn't buy a basket on offense, but it was never much of a game because of the defense. Savannah State didn't break the 30 point barrier until 4 minutes left in the game. Weak opponent, but that's still impressive.

11-24-2010 10:01 PM
Tymanh99 Offline

I Root For: .
Donators
yup, loved the hustle on defense. trapping, getting steals, and ruffling opponent's feathers.

offense is terrible. our "bigs" still play like pansies. looked like ron allen was out there playing.

11-24-2010 10:29 PM
bearcatjim Offline
Exquisitely Aware

I Root For: Quartinos
Donators
One thing that I really loved tonight (and all year so far) is the number of tipped passes we've gotten on defense. With our quickness, those are going to bounce our way more than half the time. It gave me some warm and fuzzies, thinking about some of our best defensive teams over the years.

11-24-2010 10:31 PM
Advertisement

bearcatjim Offline
Exquisitely Aware

Donators
(11-24-2010 10:29 PM)Tymanh99 Wrote:  yup, loved the hustle on defense. trapping, getting steals, and ruffling opponent's feathers.

offense is terrible. our "bigs" still play like pansies. looked like ron allen was out there playing.

Agreed. Yancy looked good for first ten minutes and then faded. He's obviously not ready to play 30 minutes every other day. Thomas had a rough game. Dunk the damn ball, dude!!! Drives me crazy.

11-24-2010 10:33 PM
pobearman Offline
Special Teams

I Root For:
Yancy did not fade as much as the guards stopped looking for him and I think he became frustrated. He posted up and they never passed into the post

11-24-2010 10:54 PM
OneUChoopsfan Away
I'm Black & White

I Root For: U. C. I LOVE

Donators
Time for all to face it. Thomas will never take the ball to the rim with authority. It is not in him. What we see is what we get. He is better than last year, and is continuing to improve.

My big complaint is that we played the opposition's game instead of making them play ours. This was not a power team we were playing, and it is not good that we can't take control of a game against SSU.

It is also not a good sign that we continue to have stretches of mental inactivity.

There is a major difference between our play and the play of the tournament teams I am watching on ESPN.

Why is Mick doing the NHL thing with player substitutions?

11-24-2010 11:04 PM
maxthecat Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For:
(11-24-2010 10:01 PM)Bearcat04 Wrote:  Gates and Thomas were way too soft tonight. .

Exactly. If these two can man-up this team might have a
good season. But if they can't do it against guys they have
tremendous physical advantages against how are they going
to do it against their physical equals?

11-24-2010 11:19 PM
eroc Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC, Liverpool
is it ironic that the shorter bigs we've had were always the tougher ones (Hicks, Maxiell, Fortson)? Definitely need Gates and Thomas to play stronger. Also, need to get in transition faster. After we rebound the ball on the defensive end, we need to outlet quick and try and score in transition. This is especially crucial since teams are going to zone us constantly as we've shown we aren't particularly proficient at long range shooting and really don't have much zone offense. Let's try and beat them down the court before the opposition has a chance to organize and set up their zone.

11-25-2010 12:15 AM
Advertisement

bearcatjim Offline
Exquisitely Aware

Donators
No doubt, fast break offense is particularly concerning.

11-25-2010 12:17 AM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
UConn 84
pUKe 67

11-25-2010 12:21 AM
JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
Ibrahima Thomas played maybe the worst half of basketball I have ever seen in that 2nd half. If he hits half of those layups he missed then UC wins by 25. He was absolutely pathetic finishing the ball.

11-25-2010 03:25 AM
mikecat Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: uc bearcats
I said last week this team has a 0% chance of making NCAA tourney,I actually think it could make the tourney,there is some talent now Mick has got to use it.I think he has to play kilpatrick WAY MORE,and IMO he has to get a combination of Jackson and Wilks more time over Thomas,those 2 I know have their shortcomings but they both at least battle and scrap for rebounds and loose balls,I dont like that Bishop and Dixon are getting SK's minutes,to me Bishop and Dixon our basically the same player,play one of them with Sean the majority of the time.If this all were to happen I dont think it would be all that shocking for them to make the tourney.

11-25-2010 06:43 AM
OneUChoopsfan Away
I'm Black & White

I Root For: U. C. I LOVE

Donators
(11-25-2010 12:21 AM)ctipton Wrote:  UConn 84
pUKe 67
Just shows you, with exceptions, there needs to be a strong point guard at the helm.

I had us beating UConn in our home game with them, but after watching UConn for a couple of games, I don't think that is going to happen.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch, UC fans are concerned about our teams ability to beat Dayton.

(This post was last modified: 11-25-2010 08:14 AM by OneUChoopsfan.)
11-25-2010 08:07 AM
Advertisement

converrl Offline
All American

I Root For:
Has Thomas added any muscle in the off-season?

11-25-2010 08:10 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
(11-24-2010 09:32 PM)bearcats23 Wrote:  I don't really expect them to look fantastic against their 4th straight lame opponent (not even counting the exhibitions). It's hard to get up for a game when you're playing a fourth straight bad opponent in front of a crowd that's at 25% capacity.

I think UC should be way past the excuse making at this point. It was a mismatch in talent and size. UC just can't make baskets.

We'll have to see if they are ready to step up a little in competitioon.

11-25-2010 08:48 AM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
(11-25-2010 03:25 AM)JFlight21 Wrote:  Ibrahima Thomas played maybe the worst half of basketball I have ever seen in that 2nd half. If he hits half of those layups he missed then UC wins by 25. He was absolutely pathetic finishing the ball.

If I were Mick or whoever (whomever?) coaches the big guys, I'd have Thomas spend half of practice every day going up as high and as strong as he can against two defenders pounding on him while he does it.

11-25-2010 08:50 AM
bww Offline
McCuse

I Root For: Bearcats
(11-25-2010 08:10 AM)converrl Wrote:  Has Thomas added any muscle in the off-season?

Last year he was really skinny. This year he is just Skinny. Maybe a couple of pounds, but he is kinda of tall, so he may have put on more.

11-25-2010 09:31 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.