Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Little Rock Bred feels that we'll try and sign
Bookmark and Share
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
Little Rock Bred feels that we'll try and sign
a post man and a shooter with our two remaining scholarships. Does he have any names or ideas? Obviously we'd love to sign Hooper Vint. That's a no brainer. I don't know who shooters are, except some have mentioned Micah Delph. Now those would be pretty good additions to our program.04-cheers
11-23-2010 05:02 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

littlerockbred Offline
Water Engineer

RE: Little Rock Bred feels that we'll try and sign
There are a lot of options. Tyler Kalinoski is a shooter from Kansas. Rakeem Dickerson (used to play at Hall) is also an option.
11-23-2010 05:16 PM
DollarBill Offline
1st String

I Root For: Trojans
Anyone on this board that has seen Vint play ball? I have not heard or read anything about him other than he has signed with Nebraska.
11-23-2010 05:25 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-23-2010 05:16 PM)littlerockbred Wrote:  There are a lot of options. Tyler Kalinoski is a shooter from Kansas. Rakeem Dickerson (used to play at Hall) is also an option.

Who else is recruiting these kids? I recall the name Rakeem Dickerson. Is he a juco? When did he play at Hall? There have been some good shooters from the State of Kansas. Maybe we'll get this one.04-cheers
11-23-2010 05:29 PM
littlerockbred Offline
Water Engineer

Dickerson is currently at prep school.

http://rivals.yahoo.com/ncaa/basketball/...son-116117
11-23-2010 05:34 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-23-2010 05:16 PM)littlerockbred Wrote:  There are a lot of options. Tyler Kalinoski is a shooter from Kansas. Rakeem Dickerson (used to play at Hall) is also an option.

I like what I read about Tyler Kalinoski. Sounds a lot like Matt Mouzy, only three or four inches taller. First team all Kansas City area all star team. Automatic three point shooter when he gets his feet set, and knows how to play the game. I already like him. If he's reading our board, come on down Tyler. You'll love it here in Little Rock.
11-23-2010 05:35 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-23-2010 05:35 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  

I like what I read about Tyler Kalinoski. Sounds a lot like Matt Mouzy, only three or four inches taller. First team all Kansas City area all star team. Automatic three point shooter when he gets his feet set, and knows how to play the game. I already like him. If he's reading our board, come on down Tyler. You'll love it here in Little Rock.

They were hoping to sign him early. Not sure what are chances will be in the Spring.
11-23-2010 07:56 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-23-2010 07:56 PM)mjs Wrote:  

They were hoping to sign him early. Not sure what are chances will be in the Spring.

So obviously you also knew about this kid. First time anyone has mentioned it on the board, and it came from a newcomer, not one of our regulars. Interesting.04-cheers
11-23-2010 08:01 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-23-2010 07:56 PM)mjs Wrote:  

I feel better about a kid when he signs early. That shows he probably really wants to come here. If he doesn't sign early, then he's likely to be waiting around for a better offer and if he doesn't get one, he settles for us. I'd rather sign someone who feels we're his best choice early on. I always think back to Brandon Freeman, who was an early signee, and we know how he turned out. Love those early signees.04-rock
11-23-2010 08:06 PM
littlerockbred Offline
Water Engineer

I hope thats not a problem. Didn't mean to step on anybody's toes.
11-23-2010 09:20 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-23-2010 09:20 PM)littlerockbred Wrote:  I hope thats not a problem. Didn't mean to step on anybody's toes.

No I was just surprised that someone on the board knew about this but didn't post it. Just goes to show you that we're afraid to put anything on here that might just offend the powers that be. God forbid we should ever know what's going on within the program. As has been mentioned many times, it's hard being a Trojan fan.03-banghead
11-23-2010 09:36 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-23-2010 09:36 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  
(11-23-2010 09:20 PM)littlerockbred Wrote:  I hope thats not a problem. Didn't mean to step on anybody's toes.

No I was just surprised that someone on the board knew about this but didn't post it. Just goes to show you that we're afraid to put anything on here that might just offend the powers that be. God forbid we should ever know what's going on within the program. As has been mentioned many times, it's hard being a Trojan fan.03-banghead

Recruiting is a cut throat business. I will avoid putting a recruits name on here that's not common knowledge. Don't need opposing recruiters sending him negative info about UALR, Little Rock, or whatever. We don't have many advantages in recruiting- but I do think one advantage of our piss poor media coverage is that our recruiting is not covered daily in the local paper and radio talk shows.
11-23-2010 11:11 PM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

+1
11-23-2010 11:14 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-23-2010 11:11 PM)mjs Wrote:  

Recruiting is a cut throat business. I will avoid putting a recruits name on here that's not common knowledge. Don't need opposing recruiters sending him negative info about UALR, Little Rock, or whatever. We don't have many advantages in recruiting- but I do think one advantage of our piss poor media coverage is that our recruiting is not covered daily in the local paper and radio talk shows.

I have to believe that every person who is being recruited by us is common knowledge to every other program in the country who is interested in the same players. The only people who never know what we're doing or who we're recruiting are us. The fans. The ones who pay the money to help this program remain solvent.

We talk about the paranoia of our administration, and then we turn right around and profess to the same kind of thinking. And then we wonder why we get no respect. If we had Otis Kirk or Richard Davenport mentioning players we were interested in or who were interested in us plastered all over the paper every day, don't you think there would be more people interested in our program. But when they never receive any news, they don't even know we have a program, and especially not a D1 program. And God forbid we should have an article in the paper on the day of the game.

We complain about the Hogs being responsible for all our problems. Bull####. We're the problem because we pay our money and put up with this total lack of communication. Oh they throw us a bone every once in awhile like a Tip In Club meeting. But when it comes to promoting the program like it was a big time program, NOTHING. It's like don't ask, don't tell. Oh the humanity!03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead
11-24-2010 12:10 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-24-2010 12:10 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  
(11-23-2010 11:11 PM)mjs Wrote:  

I have to believe that every person who is being recruited by us is common knowledge to every other program in the country who is interested in the same players. The only people who never know what we're doing or who we're recruiting are us. The fans. The ones who pay the money to help this program remain solvent.

We talk about the paranoia of our administration, and then we turn right around and profess to the same kind of thinking. And then we wonder why we get no respect. If we had Otis Kirk or Richard Davenport mentioning players we were interested in or who were interested in us plastered all over the paper every day, don't you think there would be more people interested in our program. But when they never receive any news, they don't even know we have a program, and especially not a D1 program. And God forbid we should have an article in the paper on the day of the game.

We complain about the Hogs being responsible for all our problems. Bull####. We're the problem because we pay our money and put up with this total lack of communication. Oh they throw us a bone every once in awhile like a Tip In Club meeting. But when it comes to promoting the program like it was a big time program, NOTHING. It's like don't ask, don't tell. Oh the humanity!03-banghead03-banghead03-banghead

I haven't lived here long enough to know which came first- the media covering UA like they are some type of god or religion, or the program's success. I can't even keep up with how many reporters cover the pigs (what 2 just to cover recruting) while we get one part-time person who doesn't go on road trips. To be honest, I just don't know how you fight this battle especially with just one newpaper. Many years ago I wrote some letters to the paper, I made calls to the sports editor, etc. Obviously it got us no where. At this point I really have just given up. Others can try to take up the fight. I'm just going to go to the games and enjoy them. I really don't know if you can have a big time program without the support of the local media, city administrators, local politicians, etc. We don't seem to have any of that. Maybe our administration could do more- but without help from the media its a very difficult job. After living here more than 28 years, I just don't see it changing.
11-24-2010 12:35 AM
insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

Do we really need that paper?

To grow this program you take this board and bth as a combo and make sure that the fans showing up to the games know about one or the other. They will find bth from the board or the board from bth. People like feeling like they are part of something and UALR hooked me that way.

We had the board and the tip in club at altel. Now, Chris needs to provide a space for the tip in club to pre-game and promote the board and bth and you got a community that could grow (yes that is a big run on sentence). If anyone wants to write Chris and give advise on increasing interest, there is the formula.

Billboards and the local paper are a part but you can't count on it.
11-24-2010 07:39 AM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-24-2010 07:39 AM)insideualr Wrote:  Do we really need that paper?

To grow this program you take this board and bth as a combo and make sure that the fans showing up to the games know about one or the other. They will find bth from the board or the board from bth. People like feeling like they are part of something and UALR hooked me that way.

We had the board and the tip in club at altel. Now, Chris needs to provide a space for the tip in club to pre-game and promote the board and bth and you got a community that could grow (yes that is a big run on sentence). If anyone wants to write Chris and give advise on increasing interest, there is the formula.

Maybe we've been talking to the wrong people. Maybe letters (nice ones) to Mr. Hussman might get some attention. I was noticing how much coverage the local high school basketball programs received in today's paper, along with, of course the Hogs.

If they're going to promote local high school sports, they can't use the excuse that they're a state wide newspaper. If you promote the local high schools, you certainly promote the local university. I'm not a conspiracy theorist (or maybe I am), but when I open the paper and see not one game day article about the Trojans, and their T.V. appearance isn't even listed, it really makes me wonder. And at one point a few years ago I thought things were improving, but now it seems like it's worse than ever.

If I knew the answer I would gladly provide it, but I'm surprised that Chris hasn't done something about this. He's certainly not a shy, retiring person who people are going to push around. I would think he would be mad as hell at the sports department of the paper, and would marshall his influential forces to do something about it. That's what it's going to take. The Warren Stephens, and others like him to put pressure on the newspaper to be fair and balanced. Gee. That's a great slogan. Maybe I can sell it to someone.04-cheers
11-24-2010 09:58 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I don't see how that grows the program. You are preaching to the choir. You are providing information and resources to fans of the program, which is great, but you're not reaching possible new fans. I really think the newspaper and television are still the best ways to do that.
11-24-2010 10:11 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(11-24-2010 10:11 AM)mjs Wrote:  

I don't see how that grows the program. You are preaching to the choir. You are providing information and resources to fans of the program, which is great, but you're not reaching possible new fans. I really think the newspaper and television are still the best ways to do that.

Media is the deal. We have to find a way to get the media in our corner.
I know we did during the Newell days, but we had two newspapers then.
Probably when Wimp was here we got some press because of his having been a successful coach at Alabama. And Sidney probably got some because of being an ex hog. Maybe we just need to send Joe Kleine down to the paper and make them an offer they can't refuse. No horses heads in Wally's bed, but being in Arkansas, maybe a deer head!04-cheers
11-24-2010 10:17 AM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans

Have I not been saying that all along? Most who post, don't want the coaches or AD's office to hear what you're thinking and saying, so it's only put on the private board. Good or bad, right or wrong, the athletic department needs to know what the fans are thinking. If they don't ever hear any criticism, they think they're doing just great.
11-24-2010 10:29 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.