3-8
Bookmark and Share
OrangeCamel Offline

I Root For: Campbell
Exclamation 3-8
Hard to believe CU football will be stuck in the same 8th slot in the final standings with that record again this year. Just doesn't seem right!

On a positive note, this year was yet another step in the right direction where we witnessed Campbell become a solid, competitive program in the PFL.
(This post was last modified: 01-03-2011 09:55 AM by OrangeCamel.)
11-20-2010 09:50 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

oldcamel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: campbell
RE: 3-8
(11-20-2010 09:50 PM)OrangeCamel Wrote:  Hard to believe CU football will be stuck in the same 8th slot in the final standings with that record again this year. Just doesn't seem right!

On a positive note, this year was yet another step in the right direction where we witnessed Campbell become a solid, competitive program in the PFL.

Losing those three home games by 6 points really hurt. If you swing two of those, then you are 5-6. Played Dayton and Jacksonville very well on the road and probably should have won yesterday. Very realistic case to be made that it could have been 6, 7 maybe 8 wins if a few bounces go the other way. Hopefully some of those close ones will swing the other way next year.
11-21-2010 09:57 AM
wacamel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Campbell U.
Camels outscored in 4th quarter by a total of 109-47. This is the reason we finished 3-8. Play calling on Offense became conservative and "prevent" Defense was anything but. Campbell has some very talented players. Coaches have to trust them to finish.
11-21-2010 12:18 PM
Advertisement

camels7778 Offline
2nd String

I agree it feels like a much better record than 3-8 since we were so competitive in games this season. I also agree if a few bounces go our way we easily we could have six or seven wins. Another step forward for the program we just need to learn to finish games a little better in the fourth quarter. Hopefully next year we do.
11-21-2010 05:42 PM
camelfan Offline
Special Teams

Should have won 6 to 7 games this year. Very disappointed in the performance this year.

We do not have a defense. Can't stop anybody in the 4th quarter. Entire defensive coaching staff should be replaced. They don't have a clue.

Offense played good enough to win if the defense could stop an opponent.

I think we have gone about as far as we can with the current coaching staff. Will have to make some changes possibly even at the top if we expect to have a winning season.
11-23-2010 11:11 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Geo Visitors Map
Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.