Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)
Open TigerLinks

Heart of a Champion ?
Bookmark and Share
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

I Root For: Mem & Kent St
Heart of a Champion ?
What amazes me is how the media only tells us what they want us to know. When Barton had yet to be cleared they knew it was possibly going to be a problem and it was never reported until it became an issue.

Therefore it shouldn't be a surprise that Barton is not really hurt. Whoever his "handlers" are here in town told him not to play in these meaningless exhibition games. This is not a precautionary measure. It is also my understanding that the coaching staff is not very pleased by this.

Will has done nothing but say the right things to endear himself to us as fans. And I hope his game is as big as his ego, because he has a long way to go to show me the heart of a champion. D Rose and Tyreke both had people advising them and neither would have dared pull this stunt. However, maybe their people would have been terrified of crossing the man in charge.
(This post was last modified: 11-09-2010 05:49 PM by dannyb73.)
11-09-2010 05:46 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Oceana Tiger Offline
All American

I Root For: Memphis
RE: Heart of a Champion ?
He is gonna bring a Championship to Memphis and then be a top 5 pick and be gone after one year I hope. I am all for that
11-09-2010 06:07 PM
Watauga9 Offline
All American

I Root For: MEMPHIS TIGERS
Did you just reply to your own thread?
11-09-2010 06:07 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(11-09-2010 05:46 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  What amazes me is how the media only tells us what they want us to know. When Barton had yet to be cleared they knew it was possibly going to be a problem and it was never reported until it became an issue.

Therefore it shouldn't be a surprise that Barton is not really hurt. Whoever his "handlers" are here in town told him not to play in these meaningless exhibition games. This is not a precautionary measure. It is also my understanding that the coaching staff is not very pleased by this.

Will has done nothing but say the right things to endear himself to us as fans. And I hope his game is as big as his ego, because he has a long way to go to show me the heart of a champion. D Rose and Tyreke both had people advising them and neither would have dared pull this stunt. However, maybe their people would have been terrified of crossing the man in charge.

whiskey, tango, foxtrot
11-09-2010 06:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Oceana Tiger Offline
All American

(11-09-2010 06:10 PM)SouthavenTiger Wrote:  
(11-09-2010 05:46 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  What amazes me is how the media only tells us what they want us to know. When Barton had yet to be cleared they knew it was possibly going to be a problem and it was never reported until it became an issue.

whiskey, tango, foxtrot

LOL that is funny stuff03-lmfao
11-09-2010 06:14 PM
Mimi Offline
Who farted??

I Root For: reasonableness
How pleasant.

Internet shots at Will Barton and Will Coleman. I am sure Coleman is worried about showing YOU he has heart.

[Image: god_what_a_dick_tshirt-p235215850889978157trlf_400.jpg]
11-09-2010 06:27 PM
Advertisement

jamammy Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Memphis Tigers
I sort of figured this with no inside source whatsoever. Look back you will see that I Answered this awhile back. No big deal to me. Sorry, folks but the landscape is changing fast. I can see where this is headed. Anybody that recruits or handles or guides these young men, needs to get in touch with me because I can help. #forrealsmarterthantheaveragebear
11-09-2010 06:27 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

(11-09-2010 06:27 PM)Mimi Wrote:  How pleasant.

Internet shots at Will Barton and Will Coleman. I am sure Coleman is worried about showing YOU he has heart.

[Image: god_what_a_dick_tshirt-p235215850889978157trlf_400.jpg]

Who took a shot at Will Coleman? Can you read? All I did was report what I know to be true, which is that Barton isn't injured. Not much of a team guy if you ask me. This board sucks when you can't report facts and offer a view that's unpopular.
11-09-2010 06:33 PM
Jenkz Offline
All American

You batting average is terrible.
11-09-2010 06:42 PM
Oceana Tiger Offline
All American

(11-09-2010 06:42 PM)Jenkz Wrote:  You batting average is terrible.

That one flew right over my head. What are you talking about?
11-09-2010 06:44 PM
ImsogladIwenttotheUofM Offline
All American

(11-09-2010 06:44 PM)Oceana Tiger Wrote:  

You divide you number of successes by you're number of attempts...1.000 being perfect, 0.000 being never right. I can also explain mean, median, and mode too.
11-09-2010 06:52 PM
Advertisement

Oceana Tiger Offline
All American

(11-09-2010 06:52 PM)ImsogladIwenttotheUofM Wrote:  

You divide you number of successes by you're number of attempts...1.000 being perfect, 0.000 being never right. I can also explain mean, median, and mode too.

oh he meant by % of being on with his info. He has been accurate both times I have seen him put info out.
11-09-2010 06:56 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

Say what you will, but I have reported several things the last few months and every single thing I post has turned out to be 100% accurate. Bottom line is some people would rather have no news than know the negative stuff that goes on behind the scenes. You don't have to hate on me because you are obviously one of those people. I get PM'd by administrators and others who are some of the most credible people to ever post telling me how spot on I am with my information.

My stuff is damn near from the horses mouth. BTW, I don't play baseball and the only batting average I know of that I have is with the ladies. I don't strike out a lot. Not a home run hitter either, but I make solid contact.
11-09-2010 07:11 PM
dan o Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
(11-09-2010 07:11 PM)dannyb73 Wrote:  

Say what you will, but I have reported several things the last few months and every single thing I post has turned out to be 100% accurate. Bottom line is some people would rather have no news than know the negative stuff that goes on behind the scenes. You don't have to hate on me because you are obviously one of those people. I get PM'd by administrators and others who are some of the most credible people to ever post telling me how spot on I am with my information.

My stuff is damn near from the horses mouth. BTW, I don't play baseball and the only batting average I know of that I have is with the ladies. I don't strike out a lot. Not a home run hitter either, but I make solid contact.

What's your favorite between the hit and run and the squeeze play?
11-09-2010 07:13 PM
Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
Treat yourself to another cookie.
11-09-2010 07:17 PM
dannyb73 Offline
MAC CHAMPS

The Squeeze Play and Oatmeal Raisin Cookies - sounds like a damn good time !!!
11-09-2010 07:20 PM
Advertisement

Brother Bluto Offline
Banned

I Root For: Jamammy
So will he play vs Centenary or are his "handlers" holding him out until Miami?
11-09-2010 07:25 PM
dan o Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Tigers
I'm naive enough to hope that college sports hasn't come to this.
11-09-2010 07:33 PM
uomguy78 Offline
1st String

If the doctors say he was injured I'll take their word for it since that is their job. Unless the doctors are involved in some coverup to say he has an injury when he doesn't, he's been injured. Also, it's not breaking news that Josh is somewhat peeved that he's not playing yet. That info is out there for everyone to hear.
11-09-2010 07:33 PM
Hernando Hills Tiger Offline
High score: 819 (credit)

I Root For: USA

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(11-09-2010 06:52 PM)ImsogladIwenttotheUofM Wrote:  

I never understood why bi-modal couldn't be co-modal.
11-09-2010 07:41 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.