Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Well is today Christmas Day or just another meeting?
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

I Root For: UL
Well is today Christmas Day or just another meeting?
We'll find out sometime this morning I presume.

Is it not a bit odd they planned this meeting on election day? Will they try to steal the sports world attention for a day with news, or keep all eyes on the worthless politicians.

Early polls show the following results.

-Nova declines, but Tea Party candidate Temple accepts
-TCU accepts and demands we move the headquarters to DFW
-In a shocking flip flop revelation, Notre Dame joins all sports
-And out of the great state of Florida, a team from the south says the heck with this and the U joins back in...05-stirthepot
11-02-2010 05:29 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

ArmoredUpKnight Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UCF Knights
RE: Well is today Christmas Day or just another meeting?
It was never speculated that invites would be today, just approval to look into expansion more in depth.
11-02-2010 06:14 AM
buckaineer Offline
Banned

I Root For: WV Mountaineers
We might hear a bit about the vote and teams but they are getting approval to move ahead mainly and won't put out much info if a decision is made to pursue teams until they have them in the fold.

On the other hand it won't be surprising if at least some moves are made quickly if the go ahead is given-which looks good at this point.
11-02-2010 06:28 AM
Advertisement

UCF-ENG Offline
1st String

I Root For: UCF
(11-02-2010 05:29 AM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  We'll find out sometime this morning I presume.

Is it not a bit odd they planned this meeting on election day? Will they try to steal the sports world attention for a day with news, or keep all eyes on the worthless politicians.

Early polls show the following results.

-Nova declines, but Tea Party candidate Temple accepts
-TCU accepts and demands we move the headquarters to DFW
-In a shocking flip flop revelation, Notre Dame joins all sports
-And out of the great state of Florida, a team from the south says the heck with this and the U joins back in...05-stirthepot

But then you would have two teams from south Florida...
11-02-2010 06:41 AM
Jackson1011 Offline

I Root For:
I would say today is more of a battle for the future or the league rather then Christmas morning. In the past, football presidents have been unwilling to follow through with their threat to split and have thus been forced to compromise (in the process we have left a couple of partners out in the cold..IE Temple/Va Tech). Frankly, I expect that kind of outcome today where Nova and TCU are eventually voted in....in exchange the football league will not expand past 10 at this time

The only way this thing goes to 12 in football is if a Big East network is really on the horizon which of course will make it in everybody's best interest to get as many markets as possible. Then you'll see Houston, UCF and St Louis U come on down

The fact that Temple is mentioned again and again is way to keep the pressure on Nova to move up. I promise you Nova does NOT want Temple bball in the Big East. Temple Owl basketball has just as good of a history as Nova does and if you get the BE logo behind them in recruiting...well...lookout

JMO

Jackson
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2010 06:58 AM by Jackson1011.)
11-02-2010 06:49 AM
Advertisement

goodknightfl Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(11-02-2010 06:49 AM)Jackson1011 Wrote:  I would say today is more of a battle for the future or the league rather then Christmas morning. In the past, football presidents have been unwilling to follow through with their threat to split and have thus been forced to compromise (in the process we have left a couple of partners out in the cold..IE Temple/Va Tech). Frankly, I expect that kind of outcome today where Nova and TCU are eventually voted in....in exchange the football league will not expand past 10 at this time

The only way this thing goes to 12 in football is if a Big East network is really on the horizon which of course will make it in everybody's best interest to get as many markets as possible. Then you'll see Houston, UCF and St Louis U come on down

JMO

Jackson

I think you have much of this correct. I think you are wrong on champ game though. I have the feeling ESPN is neck deep in this chapter of the conf shake up. CUSA was to have a signed contract weeks ago, it is still on hold. If Espn expects to renew the BCS deal next time, adding the new Tex bowl as a 5th adds tons of value, A new deal with a new BE including a champ game would be a $$$ maker for them. Add to that the possible 20 team MWC/CUSA merger, who's champ game would be for an auto bid they get another big winner. Assuming BE takes 2 or 3 from Cusa/ Mwc and or temple, it sets up those 2 conf to get to the even 20 number that works.
11-02-2010 07:28 AM
Chappy Offline
Resident Goonie

I Root For: ECU
(11-02-2010 05:29 AM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  Is it not a bit odd they planned this meeting on election day?

It's actually a huge misunderstanding. Somebody overheard that the Big East presidents were voting today and ran with it.
11-02-2010 07:39 AM
Advertisement

dgrace4cards Offline
All American

(11-02-2010 07:39 AM)Chappy Wrote:  
(11-02-2010 05:29 AM)dgrace4cards Wrote:  Is it not a bit odd they planned this meeting on election day?

It's actually a huge misunderstanding. Somebody overheard that the Big East presidents were voting today and ran with it.

03-lmfao
11-02-2010 07:43 AM
dgrace4cards Offline
All American

(11-02-2010 06:49 AM)Jackson1011 Wrote:  I would say today is more of a battle for the future or the league rather then Christmas morning. In the past, football presidents have been unwilling to follow through with their threat to split and have thus been forced to compromise (in the process we have left a couple of partners out in the cold..IE Temple/Va Tech). Frankly, I expect that kind of outcome today where Nova and TCU are eventually voted in....in exchange the football league will not expand past 10 at this time

The fact that Temple is mentioned again and again is way to keep the pressure on Nova to move up. I promise you Nova does NOT want Temple bball in the Big East. Temple Owl basketball has just as good of a history as Nova does and if you get the BE logo behind them in recruiting...well...lookout

JMO

Jackson

I did create this thread alittle bit in jest.... I agree with your post that its more of a "who is standing over here and who is standing over there" and it will be done all in front of each other. It could be that they all walk out of the room they're in looking up the phone numbers of other conference commissioners, or speed dialing for some.
11-02-2010 07:46 AM
Advertisement

SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN

JMO

Jackson

I believe you are right. BE will most likely invite TCU and NOVA/Temple. NOVA is not suppose to make a decision until December but if BE invites Temple, it probably means a split is coming.
11-02-2010 08:11 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC

JMO

Jackson

Solid analysis here Jackson. Let's get an invite out to TCU today.
(This post was last modified: 11-02-2010 08:16 AM by WacoBearcat.)
11-02-2010 08:15 AM
No Bull Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCF
just another meeting.... I could be wrong, but I'm not.
11-02-2010 08:35 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.