Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

New MAC HCs and Losing Records
Bookmark and Share
emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
New MAC HCs and Losing Records
Regardless of how one does or does not feel about English, MAC schools which have (or had to) elected to change HCs are suffering.

Look at all of the first or 2nd year coaches with bad, bad records, including schools which were winning two years ago. 03-idea

http://www.mac-sports.com/SportSelect.db...PSID=42968

Sure some programs have struggled for long times like EMU, but look at CMU, BSU, UB, BG and Akron. (most were bowl teams in the last year or two or three).

The shocker is Central which is headed to the basement with EMU. Sure no Dan LeFevour and Antonio Brown, but stilll that program returned a lot of talent.

UB should be a shocker, but I'm not at all surprised. I think Turner Giller 'over achieved' at UB.

Akron is downright awful. Do we get to play them next year? 03-cloud9

Quick pivot:

I believe some EMU fans wanted Dan Enos (RB coach MSU) now the CMU HC. His team is struggling.

Paul Winters (Wayne State) is having a VERY GOOD season even though Joique Bell is now in the NFL. He took a dormant team, worse then EMU, and WSU could make the D-II playoffs with two more wins in their last two games.

Paul Winters learned what some have learned in life: "better to be a big fish in a small pond, then a small fish in a big pond."

He found an ideal spot. 04-bow
(This post was last modified: 10-31-2010 06:28 AM by emu steve.)
10-31-2010 06:24 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Boca Rocket Offline
Legend

I Root For:
RE: New MAC HCs and Losing Records
(10-31-2010 06:24 AM)emu steve Wrote:  Regardless of how one does or does not feel about English, MAC schools which have (or had to) elected to change HCs are suffering.

Look at all of the first or 2nd year coaches with bad, bad records, including schools which were winning two years ago. 03-idea

http://www.mac-sports.com/SportSelect.db...PSID=42968

Sure some programs have struggled for long times like EMU, but look at CMU, BSU, UB, BG and Akron. (most were bowl teams in the last year or two or three).

The shocker is Central which is headed to the basement with EMU. Sure no Dan LeFevour and Antonio Brown, but stilll that program returned a lot of talent.

UB should be a shocker, but I'm not at all surprised. I think Turner Giller 'over achieved' at UB.

Akron is downright awful. Do we get to play them next year? 03-cloud9

Quick pivot:

I believe some EMU fans wanted Dan Enos (RB coach MSU) now the CMU HC. His team is struggling.

Paul Winters (Wayne State) is having a VERY GOOD season even though Joique Bell is now in the NFL. He took a dormant team, worse then EMU, and WSU could make the D-II playoffs with two more wins in their last two games.

Paul Winters learned what some have learned in life: "better to be a big fish in a small pond, then a small fish in a big pond."

He found an ideal spot. 04-bow

Beckman is 6-3 at Toledo in year #2.
10-31-2010 07:03 AM
Advertisement

emu steve Offline
Legend

I Root For: EMU / MAC
Beckman is probably MAC coach of the year for his good season. 04-bow

He certainly is the exception.
10-31-2010 07:16 AM
EMUDirtyBird Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: EMU
Lloyd Carr's assistants do not make very good head coaches. Except for maybe Brady Hoke
10-31-2010 09:11 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.