B
Bookmark and Share
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: UC and the Reds

DonatorsDonators
B
Does every freakin' thing he posts have to be negative and anti-UC? It is such a Debbie Downer and it comes with cartoons.

10-20-2010 11:19 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

I Root For: Civil Disobedience

Donators
RE: B
I finally decided to sign up for BCL. This will be my off topic and political stop off. It's impossible to have a rational discussion about basketball with him pulling his stunts in every thread no matter how tangentially related to Mick. And God forbid someone asks him to reel it in.

Honestly, he has gotten worse than Don ever was. And just like Don, people are steering clear of this board b/c of it. BCL's pay threads looks like a NCAABBS reunion of guys who don't come around anymore. And get this. There is actually rational discussion without the squaring off constantly looking for an antagonist.

And call me crazy, but I am not 100% sure he's not doing it on purpose.

10-20-2010 12:46 PM
OneUChoopsfan Away
I'm Black & White

I Root For: U. C. I LOVE

Donators
I don't know if there has been an exodus from NCAAbbs. Gruehls and the mods could tell us that.

I think it is a matter of increased competition, as some Banter posters now split time with BCL (me for example), and the younger set tends to gravitate to BearcatTalk where their lack of knowledge finds company.

As for b, Gruehls has commented that he wonders if b is actually more than one poster using the same screen name. He can be irritating, that is for sure, and he shares with Don, the curse of repetition and the inability to get beyond.

10-20-2010 01:38 PM
mlb Offline
O' Great One

I Root For: Cincinnati
Donators
I dropped my account with BCL because of Todd. I cannot give money to a guy who purposely spreads lies to try and catch people spilling their information. The last straw was a story he teased on the front page of the LAIR about a huge commitment that turned out to not actually have any information as to who the guy was. Todd was called out by a bunch of people, but he stuck by his business practices.

I think Tim is great, obviously I like sub. Other than those, I could not care less about the writing by Todd or Chad.

10-20-2010 01:52 PM
Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

I Root For: America
Donators
If you dont like contrary opinions I hear Bearcat News is called Pleasantville cause only one mindset is allowed. I dont mind differing opinions as long as there aren't personal attacks. I suggest you hit ignore for him if you're that annoyed.

10-20-2010 02:05 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

DonatorsDonators
(10-20-2010 02:05 PM)Crewdogz Wrote:  If you dont like contrary opinions I hear Bearcat News is called Pleasantville cause only one mindset is allowed. I dont mind differing opinions as long as there aren't personal attacks. I suggest you hit ignore for him if you're that annoyed.

Is that directed to me?

10-20-2010 02:10 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
I understand the suspicions concerning the possibility of multiple users. I think it's the same guy. For a long time I have not been able to shake the crazy suspicion that he has been slow-play effing with this board for a decade. In 10 years I can't recall a time where he did not have an axe to grind with the UC program or it's coaches. He used to climb on Bob like it was his job and then he became his biggest fan in 2005. Almost certainly not the case, but might explain the excuses and no-shows over the years at board meetings.

Whatever it is, mission accomplished. I have zero interest in even opening basketball related
threads over here. Not worth it.

10-20-2010 02:16 PM
Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

Donators
Not specifically, I would give that advice to anyone that didnt like contrary opinions if they were offered in a civil manner. I dont agree with what B says often and tend to scan what he says... if I pick up something that grabs my attention I read in more detail... if I get a flavor of something I've heard before or disagree with I move on unless I think I have a sufficient argument against it.

I think the moderators here do a good job and either ban, warn, split or otherwise moderate the board so we can have civil discussions. This is my primary board and I stay away from Bearcat News or read it very very infrequently when I want a dose of "group think".

I think this board is far from perfect and as you know was almost driven away by bias and outright faslehoods I saw posted on here about my son's HS St. Xavier. I gave specifics at the meeting in Price Hill with you, Dan, Gruehls and Steve.

I love Tim Adam's and think he's the best but I am with MLB on Todd, I cant go there cause of him. Before this board was as well moderated as it is now he accused me of stealing information from the old rivals site about recruiting when at the time and through my Guard contacts I had better information than he did and I was incensed.

10-20-2010 02:24 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

DonatorsDonators
I do not mind differing or contrary opinions at all. We all have differing opinions at times. Makes for interesting discussion. But this constant anti-UC basketball and he wants to argue with each and every person that does not disagree, then goes back years sometimes to show what was said on such-and-such is just completely over the top. I was under the impression that I could come here when I didn't want to go somewhere else and semi-rant. Guess not.

10-20-2010 02:49 PM
Crewdogz Offline
I'm Your Huckleberry

Donators
You my friend can semi rant to me any time you want, and I mean that sincerely.

10-20-2010 03:38 PM
Ragpicker Offline
All American

I Root For: Black & Gold
Donators
(10-20-2010 01:38 PM)OneUChoopsfan Wrote:  the younger set tends to gravitate to BearcatTalk where their lack of knowledge finds company.

It's been a very rough week, and you made me laugh out loud. Thank you for your rapier wit. :ncaabbs:

10-20-2010 06:11 PM
Advertisement

rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Curious if he spins a wheel to pick a daily rant regarding basketball or is it on a strict schedule?

I see his name popping up a lot today in the "last post" listing on the front page.

10-22-2010 01:41 PM
gruehls Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: the good guys

DonatorsHall of Fame
per my posts on the thread, i'm putting this link up.

feel free to chime in here, there, anywhere, or by pm.

rath, no offense but i figured if i reminded him that you and i don't always see eye to eye, it might help calm the roiled waters.

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=45...pid5833712

10-24-2010 04:35 PM
ctipton Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

DonatorsDonators
The reason I originally posted here was that I do not want to go head-to-head with his "style". It infuriates me, and I actually have got to the point that I do NOT have him on ignore, but I do completely skip over the threads as I just don't want to be involved.

Sorry if this seems like a way out, but there it is. I've just had it with him (and Chatter) and will not respond to either of them.

10-24-2010 05:07 PM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
(10-24-2010 04:35 PM)gruehls Wrote:  per my posts on the thread, i'm putting this link up.

feel free to chime in here, there, anywhere, or by pm.

rath, no offense but i figured if i reminded him that you and i don't always see eye to eye, it might help calm the roiled waters.

http://ncaabbs.com/showthread.php?tid=45...pid5833712
No problemo. People that agree with me all the time give me the heebie jeebies anyways. 03-wink

Probably won't be chiming in on that thread. He cruises this gin joint looking for dance partners. I'll pass.

10-25-2010 05:45 AM
rath v2.0 Offline
Wartime Consigliere

Donators
Sub, saw Gametime's article you just posted. Have not read it yet but he called me last night to give me the gist along with some other stuff.

Curious if b will find a way to take offense to it and steer the conversation.

10-26-2010 09:28 AM
Advertisement

Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(10-25-2010 05:45 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  No problemo. People that agree with me all the time give me the heebie jeebies anyways. 03-wink

I couldn't agree more Rath 03-nerner

10-26-2010 09:57 AM
subflea Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: Free Thinking

DonatorsFolding@NCAAbbsFolding@NCAAbbs
(10-26-2010 09:28 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Sub, saw Gametime's article you just posted. Have not read it yet but he called me last night to give me the gist along with some other stuff.

Curious if b will find a way to take offense to it and steer the conversation.

I would say there is a 99.99% chance he posts on that thread to tell everyone why we will suck.

10-26-2010 09:59 AM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
(10-20-2010 12:46 PM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  Honestly, he has gotten worse than Don ever was.

I have to give one comment on this. Do you remember how bad Don was? B may be getting pretty annoying, but does he fill the page with new threads that all say basically the same thing?

10-26-2010 10:07 AM
gruehls Offline
Jersey Retired
Jersey Retired

I Root For: the good guys

DonatorsHall of Fame
(10-25-2010 05:45 AM)rath v2.0 Wrote:  No problemo. People that agree with me all the time give me the heebie jeebies anyways. 03-wink

Probably won't be chiming in on that thread. He cruises this gin joint looking for dance partners. I'll pass.

is dashiell hammett writing your stuff these days?

10-26-2010 10:08 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.