09-29-2010 08:44 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

wvucrazed Offline
Heisman

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: Chuck Landon: Private Eye Investigation Into The WVU-Marshall Series
Hilarious!!

Yes, WVU scheduled a lucrative game in a major eastern market in an NFL stadium against a known national opponent because.... they want to screw Marshall.

The WVU derangement syndrome they have down there keeps getting worse and worse. The constant obsession can't be good for them. Someone needs to send the Greenies some happy pills or something.
09-29-2010 10:37 AM
Find all posts by this user
TCUFrogAB Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: TCU
LMAO
09-29-2010 06:59 PM
Advertisement

TempleSquirrel Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: Temple
(09-29-2010 08:44 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  From The Smoking Musket... 04-cheers

Chuck Landon: Private Eye Investigation Into The WVU-Marshall Series

Serious question, why doesn't WVU want to schedule Marshal?
Please don't say "because WVU wants to schedule teams like FIU to gain a foothold in Florida"
All BE teams have plenty of open slots, why not schedule an in state rival (and yes they are your rival, not your biggest but still)
I think (and im not trying to stir the pot) BUT i honestly think WVU is afraid that it will lose to Marshal one of these years.
09-29-2010 09:52 PM
army56mike Offline

I Root For: Liberty & UofL
WVU should play Marshall. It reminds me of UK avoiding UofL as long as they could. WVU is justified by not wanting to play the game. It does much more for Marshall than it does for WVU at this point. Still, instate teams should play each other.
09-30-2010 10:09 AM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
It's not that WVU doesn't want to schedule Marshall. The Mountaineers are perfectly willing to schedule Marshall. But they want 2 games in Morgantown for every one in Huntington. WVU just refuses to schedule the Herd home and home, which rankles the Herd faithful. They feel slighted...

But there's no benefit for WVU in playing Marshall. Last year's Marshall game was WVU's least attended home game of the season. Marshall fans don't travel well to the game, and Mountaineer fans could give a sh!t. Also, if WVU wins it's no big deal. Marshall will never be mistaken for Oklahoma or an SEC team. What's the incentive for WVU, outside of political pressure from the Gov, in adding Marshall to the schedule? There is none. WVU is quite willing to schedule Marshall 2 for 1. But that's not good enough for Herd fans. So they b!tch. Chuck Landon, who got released from the Charleston Daily Mail for journalistic incompetence, is their mouth piece.

NOTE: For the uninitiated... Landon was the man who was tabbed to be the Daily Mail's Sports Editor, after former Daily Mail Executive Sports Editor Bill Smith retired. Chuck was removed as sports editor after a short time, and was demoted to Marshall beat writer when Jack Bogaczyk was hired by the Daily Mail to be their columnist. Bogaczyk later became sports editor, Landon was released from the Daily Mail, and he later surfaced in Huntington at the Herald-Dispatch, where a friend from his days as a student at Marshall got him a job there after being asked to leave the Daily Mail.

I know Chuck. I even like him. He's a likeable fellow. But I don't respect his writing. I never have. He has a persecution complex about Marshall for some reason. All his stories read pretty much the same...
09-30-2010 10:56 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.