Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Wyoming
Toledo Football 1st Offline
All Rockets All The Time

I Root For: T O L E D O

DonatorsDonatorsDonators
Wyoming
SCHEDULE/RESULTS

They may be 1-3, but the Cowboys played tough against Air Force who last week lost to #8 Oklahoma 27-24.

I would say Wyoming has the potential to win and will be desperate to improve their record. We need to have our heads on straight and be ready for a battle.
09-26-2010 10:42 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

owen Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ham sandwich
RE: Wyoming
they certainly play a tough schedule
09-26-2010 10:52 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Rocket75 Offline
1st String

I Root For: Toledo Rockets
Any word on the injury to Danny Noble? He went out of the game limping. He was a key factor in being an additional target for Dantin so that that Purdue could not double team Page.
09-26-2010 11:01 AM
DCPoke Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Wyoming
(09-26-2010 10:42 AM)Toledo Football 1st Wrote:  SCHEDULE/RESULTS

They may be 1-3, but the Cowboys played tough against Air Force who last week lost to #8 Oklahoma 27-24.

I would say Wyoming has the potential to win and will be desperate to improve their record. We need to have our heads on straight and be ready for a battle.

Congratulations on your team's win over Pudue. Very impressive!

Many Wyoming fans are looking with dread to our game on Satuday because the Pokes have had a rough start to the season. Playing Texas and Boise State out of the chute is NOT the recommended way to begin a season.

My hopes have been raised a bit by Wyoming's play versus Air Force. Our guys showed that when they face someone a bit more their athletic caliber they can compete, and by all rights should have won the game. But, Wyoming versus Air Force games are traditionally nail biters and this one wasn't any different.

My friend and I are making our way over from Northern Virginia to see our Cowboys take on the Rockets. We're hoping that the Pokes represent and play well. It should be a good game.

It's my first time in Toledo, so I'm looking forward to the experience. See you all at the Glass Bowl!

Powder River! Let'r buck!
(This post was last modified: 09-26-2010 11:36 AM by DCPoke.)
09-26-2010 11:25 AM
MidnightBlueGold Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TOL-EDO
(09-26-2010 11:01 AM)Rocket75 Wrote:  Any word on the injury to Danny Noble? He went out of the game limping. He was a key factor in being an additional target for Dantin so that that Purdue could not double team Page.

I'm almost positive he played after he came out.
09-26-2010 12:02 PM
Rocketime Offline
Special Teams

Texas, Boise St, Air Force, UT, TCU, Utah, and BYU in consecutive games...certainly, one of the toughest schedules in the country.
09-26-2010 12:37 PM
Advertisement

eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo
(09-26-2010 11:25 AM)DCPoke Wrote:  It's my first time in Toledo, so I'm looking forward to the experience. See you all at the Glass Bowl!

Powder River! Let'r buck!

As a friendly gesture I'll warn you. When UT scores (hopefully) and after the cheering dies down, cover your ears.

Drive carefully. Arizona actually brought a pretty good crowd. I guess games like this are a cool way for far flung alumni to get together. Hope you find a lot of fellow Cowboys to cheer with.

A bit about Toledo:

We have mountains here too, though colloquially they're called "curbs."
09-26-2010 12:48 PM
DCPoke Offline
Water Engineer

(09-26-2010 12:37 PM)Rocketime Wrote:  Texas, Boise St, Air Force, UT, TCU, Utah, and BYU in consecutive games...certainly, one of the toughest schedules in the country.

Particularly since Wyoming is very inexperienced on the offensive and defensive lines. We've have a very good quarterback in Austyn Carta-Samuels and some good receivers as well as a great secondary on defense, but very poor on the lines.
09-26-2010 12:48 PM
DCPoke Offline
Water Engineer

(09-26-2010 12:48 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  ... Arizona actually brought a pretty good crowd. I guess games like this are a cool way for far flung alumni to get together. Hope you find a lot of fellow Cowboys to cheer with.

I expect several hundred Wyoming fans at the game. Mostly, as you say, alumni from the area.
09-26-2010 12:53 PM
trockets1 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: UT ROCKETS
I feel Wyoming will be ready. Hope we dont have let down after great road trip. If we would lose this game I hope I dont feel like FIU a couple years ago. That was the worst I have felt leaving GlassBowl

Go Rockets---- Be humble----04-rock
09-26-2010 01:00 PM
UofToledoFans Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: Toledo and G5
1.) I want to Give Boise a reason to practice to lets win. 2.) would be nice to be 4-2 coming back home against Kent state. WIth a win against Wyoming. Fan support will hold up.
09-26-2010 05:49 PM
Advertisement

DCPoke Offline
Water Engineer

(09-26-2010 05:49 PM)UofToledoFans Wrote:  1.) I want to Give Boise a reason to practice to lets win. 2.) would be nice to be 4-2 coming back home against Kent state. WIth a win against Wyoming. Fan support will hold up.

OMG, your team goes to Boise after our game...Yikes!... I went to the VT vs. BSU game at FedEx Field and witnessed the Broncos first hand. The speed and quickness of the d-line took my breath away. Kellen Moore is the real deal and their receivers are fast. I knew my Pokes were in bigtime trouble.
09-26-2010 06:28 PM
eastisbest Offline
Hall of Famer

(09-26-2010 06:28 PM)DCPoke Wrote:  OMG, your team goes to Boise after our game...Yikes!...

We've got a plan. We're going to paint the practice field blue and blare Country Western over the speakers and... oh wait. That didn't work for Oregon St.

Looking ahead to Boise St. would be a killer on two fronts. It wouldn't get the team anymore prepared for Boise St and as a home game, the Wyoming game is much more important. I'm looking forward to a pretty exciting game against your team.
09-26-2010 07:14 PM
DCPoke Offline
Water Engineer

(09-26-2010 07:14 PM)eastisbest Wrote:  Looking ahead to Boise St. would be a killer on two fronts. It wouldn't get the team anymore prepared for Boise St and as a home game, the Wyoming game is much more important. I'm looking forward to a pretty exciting game against your team.

Good plan. This game, despite being an OOC game, is really important to Wyoming because they've got to get back on the winning ways. Given the schedule, Ws are going to be hard to find. I'm afraid that Toledo isn't going to be that friendly for my Pokes. I'm hoping to see a good showing by the Pokes, and maybe even a W. It's not going to be easy for my boys, I fear.
09-26-2010 10:17 PM
RocketJeff Offline
Heisman

(09-26-2010 12:37 PM)Rocketime Wrote:  Texas, Boise St, Air Force, UT, TCU, Utah, and BYU in consecutive games...certainly, one of the toughest schedules in the country.

We're the best shot they have at a win on that part of their schedule and the Glass Bowl is traditionally a tough place to win.Good luck to Wyoming and hopefully your fans have a nice visit.
09-27-2010 12:07 AM
IamN2daRockets Offline
1st String

I Root For: UT Rockets -
UT needs a totally focused and high intensity level effort against Wyoming otherwise we will get burned. UT will show Saturday night whether they have matured as a team.

I hope they meet the challenge!

It will be a tough game.

Go Rockets!
09-27-2010 07:54 AM
Advertisement

Mud-Duck Offline
Bench Warmer

This will be a fun one for me. I went to Wyoming for 2 years while in the Air Force and came to Toledo and graduated. Will be rooting for the Rockets though!
09-27-2010 08:58 AM
T-Town Offline
All American

I Root For:

A lot of teams would be 1-3 against their schedule so far, so it is really hard to tell how good Wyoming is. I suspect that they see us as their best chance to avoid going 1-7 and will be bringing it all----so UT is going to have to avoid any letdown once again and hopefully bring their A game.

I am sure Dave Christensen will be trying for a successful "homecoming" (for himself, not us). He initially applied for the UT coaching job when Pinkel left, but later withdrew to continue as Pinkel's OC. I don't think he stood much of a chance against the competition for the job at that time anyway.
(This post was last modified: 09-28-2010 10:41 AM by T-Town.)
09-27-2010 09:41 AM
DCPoke Offline
Water Engineer

(09-27-2010 09:41 AM)T-Town Wrote:  

A lot of teams would be 1-3 against their schedule so far, so it is really hard to tell how good Wyoming is. I suspect that they see us as their best chance to avoid going 1-7 and will be bringing it all----so UT is going to have to avoid any letdown once again and hopefully bring their A game.

I am sure Dave Christiansen will be trying for a successful "homecoming" (for himself, not us). He initially applied for the UT coaching job when Pinkel left, but later withdrew to continue as Pinkel's OC. I don't think he stood much of a chance against the competition for the job at that time anyway.

I had forgotten that Coach C was at Toledo previously with Pinkel.

Just for FYI, here is a couple of links to what the Wyoming papers are saying about the game:

Pokes feel better about themselves after Air Force game

Wyoming optimistic after Air Force loss
09-27-2010 09:49 AM
DCPoke Offline
Water Engineer

Some more thoughts on Wyoming, FYI...

Wyoming News on Wyoming offensive woes
09-27-2010 11:38 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.