Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

That is why they play the game.
Bookmark and Share
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

I Root For: Chicago
That is why they play the game.
A wise man once told me that "that is why they play that game". Just because we are suppose to lose doesn't mean it will happen. Not saying that we should win, just saying our boys should give it their all and try to show those pricks down south who really cares about Illinois. Go NIU, make us proud!
09-16-2010 11:19 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I Root For: NIU
RE: That is why they play the game.
Dear God we all need to stop acting like we're playing Alabama.
09-16-2010 11:22 PM
niu79 Offline
All American

(09-16-2010 11:22 PM)7 Wrote:  Dear God we all need to stop acting like we're playing Alabama.

Alabama? Already beat them.
09-16-2010 11:56 PM
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

(09-16-2010 11:22 PM)7 Wrote:  Dear God we all need to stop acting like we're playing Alabama.

I would if we would have played a little better last weekend. By all accounts we need some work. The Illni might not be very good, but by all accounts we suck too.
09-16-2010 11:56 PM
7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

We suck because of one game, a game that we won? Please.
09-17-2010 03:16 AM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
Well we also sucked in the game before that, and the coaching staff has done nothing to inspire confidence in their time here.
09-17-2010 08:38 AM
Advertisement

DiehardHuskie Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Hard Way
Thank you, 7. I can't believe all the pessism this week. Our guys have been looking forward to this game for a long time.
09-17-2010 08:44 AM
Huskie_Jon Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Huskies
(09-16-2010 11:56 PM)niu79 Wrote:  

Alabama? Already beat them.

Illinois has never beat Alabama.
09-17-2010 09:12 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

If we don't win every game by 30 I am not happy. Every year is such a disappointment.
09-17-2010 09:21 AM
HuskieFootball Addict Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, NIU, NIU
(09-17-2010 08:44 AM)DiehardHuskie Wrote:  Thank you, 7. I can't believe all the pessism this week. Our guys have been looking forward to this game for a long time.

+1
09-17-2010 09:26 AM
cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Yes we can beat Illini.

However, it's not looking very likely given how NIU has underachieved and not met preseason expectations thus far and Illinois has been better than advertised thus far.

Alabama chatter is just as irrelevant as Illini fan boasting of having beaten tOSU back to back years ago. It's all about the here and now opportunity to change how one sixth of the schedule has panned out.

Like most all coaches are prone to say, there is alot of football yet to be played. Our primary goal is still out there to be achieved.

A win vs Illinois would be a sweet sioux feather in an NIU cap. A MAC title and bowl win is sweeter.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2010 09:51 AM by cyberdawg.)
09-17-2010 09:50 AM
Advertisement

Big_Man Offline
Destroyer

(09-17-2010 09:50 AM)cyberdawg Wrote:  Yes we can beat Illini.

However, it's not looking very likely given how NIU has underachieved and not met preseason expectations thus far and Illinois has been better than advertised thus far.

Alabama chatter is just as irrelevant as Illini fan boasting of having beaten tOSU back to back years ago. It's all about the here and now opportunity to change how one sixth of the schedule has panned out.

Like most all coaches are prone to say, there is alot of football yet to be played. Our primary goal is still out there to be achieved.

A win vs Illinois would be a sweet sioux feather in an NIU cap. A MAC title and bowl win is sweeter.

I respectively disagree cybes. I would take a win over the Illini instead of the long sought after MAC title. We would make more headlines in Illinois if we beat the flagship rather than a conference title that newspapers are going to be pissed about covering.
09-17-2010 09:55 AM
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
It is certainly debatable whether a win over Illinois or a MACC would do more for the program. I think the Illinois win would but who knows. In my mind nobody outside of those who follow the MAC cares about the MACC...meanwhile, beating Illinois would send a message to all the kids that are currently in HS in the state. Honestly though this team/coaching staff has done nothing to convince me that they will win tomorrow...here's to hoping I'm wrong.
09-17-2010 10:01 AM
TerryR1984 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(09-17-2010 10:01 AM)armour248 Wrote:  ...meanwhile, beating Illinois would send a message to all the kids that are currently in HS in the state.

This is what I believe as well.
09-17-2010 10:38 AM
NIUtrav09 Offline
Huskies and Illini. Get over it!

I Root For: NIU and U of I

THIS! My God people.. has anyone noticed we're only 7 point dogs? We'd probably be bigger underdogs if we were playing Temple or CMU this weekend.

There are some very weak-minded people on this board. What happened to the "We would destory the Illini if they only had the guts to play us" mentality go? Guess what?! We ARE playing them and the game is ONE day away! I've listened to people on this board pump out their chest and talk about how much better we are than Illinois for the past 4 years. Now the game is one day away, and the majority of this board has already conceded a loss. Some of you look really stupid right now.
09-17-2010 10:41 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
(09-17-2010 10:41 AM)NIUtrav09 Wrote:  What happened to the "We would destory the Illini if they only had the guts to play us" mentality go? Guess what?!

Probably out the window after watching us squeek out a victory vs a team that lost to Idaho 45-0, and watching two more weeks of bad coaching which we were told was going to change.

I hope we win, I just haven't been shown any reason to think that we will. Our special teams is god awful and our offense is one dimensional. I hope I'm proven wrong.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2010 10:45 AM by armour248.)
09-17-2010 10:44 AM
Advertisement

NIUtrav09 Offline
Huskies and Illini. Get over it!

I Root For: NIU and U of I
(09-17-2010 10:44 AM)armour248 Wrote:  
(09-17-2010 10:41 AM)NIUtrav09 Wrote:  What happened to the "We would destory the Illini if they only had the guts to play us" mentality go? Guess what?!

Probably out the window after watching us squeek out a victory vs a team that lost to Idaho 45-0, and watching two more weeks of bad coaching which we were told was going to change.

So 4+ years of confidence when it comes to matching ourselves up against Illinois goes out the window because of two games? One in which our Starting QB didn't even play?

This board had more confidence when we opened up the season at #1 Ohio State a few years ago.
09-17-2010 10:48 AM
HuskieFan84 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU, White Sox
Garrett Wolfe and Joe Novak inspire a bit more confidence than Jerry Kill and his multi-back operation does.
09-17-2010 10:49 AM
cyberdawg Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
One thing we all can surely agree upon.

If NIU remains committed to a one dimensional and predictable attack all game long, we are burnt toast.

Keep in mind it took two bobbled punts by Purdue and a gutsy call to beat Purdue.

Any shot at beating illinois must include their mistakes and our creativity.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2010 10:54 AM by cyberdawg.)
09-17-2010 10:52 AM
NIU17 Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU Huskies
(09-17-2010 10:48 AM)NIUtrav09 Wrote:  
(09-17-2010 10:44 AM)armour248 Wrote:  

So 4+ years of confidence when it comes to matching ourselves up against Illinois goes out the window because of two games? One in which our Starting QB didn't even play?

This board had more confidence when we opened up the season at #1 Ohio State a few years ago.

If this was the opener, we would probably have more confidence. The confidence on this board was getting pretty high before the Iowa State game.
(This post was last modified: 09-17-2010 10:53 AM by NIU17.)
09-17-2010 10:52 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.