Davidson
Bookmark and Share
wacamel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Campbell U.
Davidson
Well, it's time to forget about last Saturday and move forward to Davidson. Offensive Line needs to take control of this game; run the ball like we did in '09; utlilize the three-headed monster, and open up the downfield pass. I don't recall us throwing the ball downfield more than 10-15 yards the past 2 games. Davidson's run defense has been good up to now.

I'm pretty sure that our defense will show up and execute better this week.

Also think that we may get a touchdown from Special Teams; Constantine and others looked pretty good against ODU.

My prediction is for a high-scoring game; fewist turnovers wins.
09-14-2010 05:58 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

camelfan Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Campbell
RE: Davidson
We need to run the ball a lot and mix in some passes. Need to keep possession and make some long drives to wear out Davidson's defense and keep ours off the field.

I truly hope our defense shows up on Saturday. They atleast need to get in the opposing offenses way a few times and stop them enough that our offense can get the win.

D-Line has got to get some penetration and we have to blitz the quarterback.
09-15-2010 05:59 AM
camels7778 Offline
2nd String

I think we will have a better showing against a team that is closer to our ability level. The key will be controlling the game with our running game. Nothing makes a defense look better than a running game and offense that holds on to the ball for long periods of time.
09-15-2010 09:30 AM
wacamel Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: Campbell U.
(09-15-2010 09:30 AM)camels7778 Wrote:  I think we will have a better showing against a team that is closer to our ability level. The key will be controlling the game with our running game. Nothing makes a defense look better than a running game and offense that holds on to the ball for long periods of time.

Totally agree. Our offensive line and ability to run is the key to our success. Make them put 8 in the box to open up something downfield.
09-15-2010 04:45 PM
Advertisement

camels7778 Offline
2nd String

We played better in spots. The defense needed to come up with a stop and didn't. I really would like to see Willets attempt the over 50 yard field goal. I heard a whistle and the players seemed to stop playing because of it. I really wish I knew what happened. Coach Steele tried to confront the officials but they didn't seem to know and just ran off.
09-18-2010 05:50 PM
camelfan Offline
Special Teams

The defense has not stopped anyone all year long. They need to get tough and play with heart. Walk on an off field and are not even set when the offense is running a play in many cases. No penetration, no pass rush and poor poor tackling technique. You can coach technique, tackling and pass rush but you can't coach heart. They have been run over by a Div 1 Scholarship team, a Div 1 Non-Scholarship team and an NAIA team. Actually I think Virginia Wise had a better offense than Davidson.

We can spend all the time we want talking about Willets missing extra point or not getting the opportunity to make the last kick. It is irrelevent. When you have a two touchdown lead and let a team that probably has one of the worst offenses in our conference take the ball right down the field twice you have serious defensive problems.

The offense played very well - Heck of a job. Only problem is they need to score everytime they get the ball. We have a better chance of going for it on 4th and 1 on the 50 than we did letting our defense stop Davidson. The offense moving the ball and controlling the game is the best defense we have. We lost the game when the offense failed to pickup the 1st down at midfiled and we elected to punt. What good did the punt do? In three plays Davidson had the ball past the same spot where they would have gotten it if we had not picked up the first down. And they ran a couple minutes off the clock getting it there which we could have used at the end of the game.

I am disgusted at where the defense is right now. They are worse than they were two years ago. No heart, no pride. They look beat when they hit the field. I would bench the starting D for the next game and play some of the other guys. Cant really do any worse.
09-18-2010 07:02 PM
CU97 Offline
Bench Warmer

i had to leave at the end of the third quarter. it was 27-14. got home and the game was over at 28-27. that was a shocker. i did like the black jerseys though. i didnt know those were in the works.
09-20-2010 11:24 AM
camelfan Offline
Special Teams

i liked the jerseys as well. Would make more sense to debut them on the first night game and not with 90 degree heat. That is a good uniform to wear at night under the lights next year. I really liked them.
09-20-2010 11:33 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Geo Visitors Map
Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.