Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

....but the liberals said it wasn't a mosque...
Rebel
Unregistered

CrappiesNew Orleans Bowl
....but the liberals said it wasn't a mosque...
Quote:Supporters of the "Ground Zero mosque" have been oddly obsessed with the idea that the proposed Islamic center shouldn't be called a "mosque." As Frank Rich wrote last Sunday in the New York Times: "It’s not a mosque but an Islamic cultural center containing a prayer room."

But the website for the project, once called the "Cordoba House" and now known as "Park51," explicitly refers to "the mosque," although it tries to minimize the mosque's importance for some reason:

The Mosque

While a mosque will be located in the planned final structure of Park51, it will be a distinct non-profit. Neither Park51 nor the mosque, which hasn’t been named yet, will tolerate any kind of illegal or un-American activity or rhetoric. The final size and location of the mosque have yet to be determined, but it will only represent a small portion of the final structure. ---MORE---

Just makes you wonder. Why are liberals so adamant about, not only supporting, but defending Islam while they are the first to trash Christians? Talk about a mental disorder.
08-26-2010 08:28 AM
Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Paul M Offline
American-American

I Root For: OU
RE: ....but the liberals said it wasn't a mosque...
Liberals have NEVER been the defenders of religious freedom. Bunch of hypocritical puzzies.
08-26-2010 08:40 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(08-26-2010 08:40 AM)Paul M Wrote:  Liberals have NEVER been the defenders of religious freedom. Bunch of hypocritical puzzies.

03-lmfao

This coming from the party of believe what I believe or else.
08-26-2010 08:45 AM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(08-26-2010 08:45 AM)cb4029 Wrote:  
(08-26-2010 08:40 AM)Paul M Wrote:  Liberals have NEVER been the defenders of religious freedom. Bunch of hypocritical puzzies.

03-lmfao

aren't all the parties like that?
08-26-2010 09:02 AM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
Not at all. I don't care what you do or how you worship or anything else.... just don't infringe upon MY ability to do as I please as well.

Though I will admit... The more you force me into YOUR life, the more say I should have in what you do. You want freedom?? Pay for it. With all the money you spend fighting MY rights, you could easily exercise your own. l.
08-26-2010 09:38 AM
smn1256 Offline
I miss Tripster

I Root For: Lower taxes

03-lmfao

Yeah, it's like having to pass a bill so you can find out what's in it.
08-26-2010 10:53 AM
Advertisement

RobertN Offline
Legend

I Root For: THE NIU Huskies
(08-26-2010 08:28 AM)Rebel Wrote:  
Quote:Supporters of the "Ground Zero mosque" have been oddly obsessed with the idea that the proposed Islamic center shouldn't be called a "mosque." As Frank Rich wrote last Sunday in the New York Times: "It’s not a mosque but an Islamic cultural center containing a prayer room."

But the website for the project, once called the "Cordoba House" and now known as "Park51," explicitly refers to "the mosque," although it tries to minimize the mosque's importance for some reason:

The Mosque

While a mosque will be located in the planned final structure of Park51, it will be a distinct non-profit. Neither Park51 nor the mosque, which hasn’t been named yet, will tolerate any kind of illegal or un-American activity or rhetoric. The final size and location of the mosque have yet to be determined, but it will only represent a small portion of the final structure. ---MORE---

Just makes you wonder. Why are liberals so adamant about, not only supporting, but defending Islam while they are the first to trash Christians? Talk about a mental disorder.
03-lmfao Weakly Spin? That is what this is. Spin. I have found sites on Christain Cultural Centers and Jewish Cultural Centers. All of which have "churches" in them, yet they aren't called "church". Please don't insult my intelligence. We all know why you and that site are making a big deal out of it.

Btw, what the hell were you doing in a cab in NYC? What kind of knife did you use?
08-26-2010 11:02 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(08-26-2010 11:02 AM)RobertN Wrote:  Weakly Spin? That is what this is. Spin. I have found sites on Christain Cultural Centers and Jewish Cultural Centers. All of which have "churches" in them, yet they aren't called "church". Please don't insult my intelligence. We all know why you and that site are making a big deal out of it.

Btw, what the hell were you doing in a cab in NYC? What kind of knife did you use?

Care to provide those sites Robert? You've proven yourself intellectually dishonest enough that nothing you say should be taken at face value.
08-26-2010 11:28 AM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(08-26-2010 11:28 AM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  
(08-26-2010 11:02 AM)RobertN Wrote:  Weakly Spin? That is what this is. Spin. I have found sites on Christain Cultural Centers and Jewish Cultural Centers. All of which have "churches" in them, yet they aren't called "church". Please don't insult my intelligence. We all know why you and that site are making a big deal out of it.

Care to provide those sites Robert? You've proven yourself intellectually dishonest enough that nothing you say should be taken at face value.
Try starting with Google and then type them in. Of course, you know I am right and you are just being a dick.
08-26-2010 11:53 AM
Bull_In_Exile Offline
Eternal Pessimist

I Root For: The Underdog
(08-26-2010 11:53 AM)RobertN Wrote:  

Try starting with Google and then type them in. Of course, you know I am right and you are just being a ****.

So IOW, no, you can't provide the URL's of these Jewish and Christian cultural centers that also house a Church/Temple?
08-26-2010 12:09 PM
GRPunk Offline
Beer Evangelist

I Root For: WMU
(08-26-2010 12:09 PM)Bull_In_Exile Wrote:  
(08-26-2010 11:53 AM)RobertN Wrote:  

Try starting with Google and then type them in. Of course, you know I am right and you are just being a ****.

So IOW, no, you can't provide the URL's of these Jewish and Christian cultural centers that also house a Church/Temple?

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=christian+cultural+center+church

and

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=jewish+community+center+synagogue
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2010 12:34 PM by GRPunk.)
08-26-2010 12:32 PM
Advertisement

moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

(08-26-2010 11:02 AM)RobertN Wrote:  03-lmfao Weakly Spin? That is what this is. Spin. I have found sites on Christain Cultural Centers and Jewish Cultural Centers. All of which have "churches" in them, yet they aren't called "church". Please don't insult my intelligence. We all know why you and that site are making a big deal out of it.

That's not what this is really about and you know it. It's liberals trying to water down what this site is really planned to be to make it sound less offensive. Don't you find it the least bit disturbing that liberals will jump on this issue in the name of "freedom of religion", but when it's a Christian that has an opinion, or belief, or building plan, they're the same ones to voice the loudest objections?

What's really the worst part of all of this is that this mosque is getting the regulatory fast track, despite rampant objections, when the same government has been stone walling the rebuilding process (which has still yet to break ground) of the only house of worship actually destroyed in the 9/11 attacks.
08-26-2010 12:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
RobertN Offline
Legend

(08-26-2010 12:38 PM)moe24 Wrote:  
(08-26-2010 11:02 AM)RobertN Wrote:  03-lmfao Weakly Spin? That is what this is. Spin. I have found sites on Christain Cultural Centers and Jewish Cultural Centers. All of which have "churches" in them, yet they aren't called "church". Please don't insult my intelligence. We all know why you and that site are making a big deal out of it.

That's not what this is really about and you know it. It's liberals trying to water down what this site is really planned to be to make it sound less offensive. Don't you find it the least bit disturbing that liberals will jump on this issue in the name of "freedom of religion", but when it's a Christian that has an opinion, or belief, or building plan, they're the same ones to voice the loudest objections?

What's really the worst part of all of this is that this mosque is getting the regulatory fast track, despite rampant objections, when the same government has been stone walling the rebuilding process (which has still yet to break ground) of the only house of worship actually destroyed in the 9/11 attacks.
You are so right. THis isn't about what the building is called. It isn't about where it is located. It is about hate. The proof is the reactions to proposed mosques/cultural centers in Tennessee and Wisconsin.
08-26-2010 12:47 PM
RobertN Offline
Legend

(08-26-2010 10:53 AM)smn1256 Wrote:  

03-lmfao

Nice spin job. Was that Faux, Rush or Breitbart? I can't remember who fed you that idea. I might have to go back and look sometime.
08-26-2010 12:58 PM
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

Donators
(08-26-2010 12:58 PM)RobertN Wrote:  
(08-26-2010 10:53 AM)smn1256 Wrote:  

03-lmfao

Nice spin job. Was that Faux, Rush or Breitbart? I can't remember who fed you that idea. I might have to go back and look sometime.
How is that spin. Isn't that what Pelosi actually said?
08-26-2010 01:02 PM
Hambone10 Offline
Hooter

I Root For: My Kids

New Orleans BowlDonatorsThe Parliament Awards
(08-26-2010 11:02 AM)RobertN Wrote:  
(08-26-2010 08:28 AM)Rebel Wrote:  

The Mosque

03-lmfao Weakly Spin? That is what this is. Spin. I have found sites on Christain Cultural Centers and Jewish Cultural Centers. All of which have "churches" in them, yet they aren't called "church". Please don't insult my intelligence. We all know why you and that site are making a big deal out of it.

That isn't the point. The people BUILDING the Mosque clearly call it a Mosque on their website... the POINT is why authors like Frank Rich don't want it referred to as a Mosque?? I mean, the "buildings" with "churches" in them I feel confident are commonly referred to as Churches. Nobody has an issue with it being MORE than a Mosque as opposed to SIMPLY a Mosque... but we are asking why we can't/shouldn't call it exactly what its developers call it??
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2010 01:04 PM by Hambone10.)
08-26-2010 01:03 PM
Advertisement

moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

(08-26-2010 12:47 PM)RobertN Wrote:  It is about hate.

Only to some, to most it's about being respectful to the memories of those who lost their lives in the attacks and being sensitive to those they left behind. And that doesn't even touch on the second issue of my post which you completely ignored.
08-26-2010 01:09 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
GRPunk Offline
Beer Evangelist

(08-26-2010 01:09 PM)moe24 Wrote:  

Only to some, to most it's about being respectful to the memories of those who lost their lives in the attacks and being sensitive to those they left behind. And that doesn't even touch on the second issue of my post which you completely ignored.

Respectful like the New York Dolls Gentleman's Club or Pussycat Lounge?

http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opin...ver-Park51
08-26-2010 01:17 PM
moe24 Offline
Original Lawson Lunatic

(08-26-2010 01:17 PM)GRPunk Wrote:  
(08-26-2010 01:09 PM)moe24 Wrote:  

Respectful like the New York Dolls Gentleman's Club or Pussycat Lounge?

http://www.csmonitor.com/Commentary/Opin...ver-Park51

The attackers were Muslims, not strippers. But nice try. Besides, it's not like anyone is celebrating a strip club being there either.
(This post was last modified: 08-26-2010 01:32 PM by moe24.)
08-26-2010 01:31 PM
cb4029 Offline
The spoon that stirs the pot.

I Root For: Deez Nuts

Donators
(08-26-2010 01:31 PM)moe24 Wrote:  The attackers were Muslims, not strippers.

03-lmfao
08-26-2010 01:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.