Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Take that one off the list.
gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Take that one off the list.
http://www.daytondailynews.com/blogs/con...o_wsu.html

Or at least I would believe so. Wright State gets a commit from a Reitz clone.

WSU was in the running for Max Biefeldt with whom Hawk has his tail feathers all a twitter. Biefeldt too is Reitz like with a little more bounce in his step.

Another contender is a little closer to home and that is BSU and with Jarrod Jones going to be a senior that first season MB can be shown he has more of an open opp to play right a way.

But, if my info is correct and it often is not, MB has been to campus twice over the last year. An AAU running mate Hoerdemann is committed and Coach Carter has been the recruiting contact, adding up in my mind that at least the "bait" is still connected to the bobber which is still connected to the line and reel.

That would make 5 bigs on the roster excluding Flen.

But neither Dean or Mo Conteh have established themselves even as the blender/garbage man type that is needed on the floor with 5 guys and only 1 ball. They will have only 1 year left, if that, (alot can happen between now and then). Shayne has even got Dip thinking 4 and not just 5 (though that won't provide him minutes with Flen/Hutch there) and that leaves only Stainbrook (though he blocks out the sun I have read that he likes to wander outside some).

Hawk is in love with a big who envelops you (Reitz and Threloff) using body mass and up and unders as opposed to playing above the rim (accounting for the under utilization of Don Lawson).

With Klien's commitment and the implication he will "fill out" and grow some more in time without losing athleticism, you may have your multiple position perimeter with PG skills (Snider) and you can pass on a pure PG and get the big you really covet.

Not that true PG's are a dime a dozen but that pool is significantly larger.

It will be interesting to find out if extended offers to PG types remain on the line or get reeled in with a focus on getting the big that makes a difference (in the mind of Hawk).
08-21-2010 08:47 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

gobaseline Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
RE: Take that one off the list.
http://www.ibsrecruiting.com/ibs-news-and-notes.php

Scroll down to near the bottom.

Apparently MB's grandparents are very affluent (accounts for my hearing his first visit was on a private plane), are huge philanthrpists and have an athletics building at U of I named after them (donation).

Though not linked, I have read, with no verification, that MB might or will walk on at U of I, considering the connections and his ability to pay his own way.

Well, that's all good. But I would suggest, if there is an inkling that MB ever wants to be his own man and not live in the familiar shadow that he cut his own swath and ID.
08-21-2010 09:06 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.