Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Updated Schedule Info
Bookmark and Share
PTJR Offline
Heisman

I Root For: LR / UR / CU
Updated Schedule Info
From Slatton's twitter - apparently back in business!

Game at Missouri State is Wednesday, December 1st.

Early season game at St. Bonaventure. Doesn't say exactly when but apparently the Trojans will be the Bonnie's home opener. My guess is this is the beginning of a home and home again with St. Bonnie's. Wonder if they will bring their monk again to Little Rock next year?
08-17-2010 02:28 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

RBL Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Little Rock
RE: Updated Schedule Info
Per St Bonaventure site we play twice this season. @ St Bon on Nov 14 and at the Jack on Jan 5
08-17-2010 02:38 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

(08-17-2010 02:38 PM)RBL Wrote:  Per St Bonaventure site we play twice this season. @ St Bon on Nov 14 and at the Jack on Jan 5

St. Bonaventure was greatly improved last year over the horrible times they went through after "weldergate". They went just under .500 for the year and 7-9 in the A-10. It will be interesting to see how we fare against them. Like most teams, they are a whole lot tougher to beat in Olean than when they are on the road.

And we probably get the monk here to bring in 2011.
08-17-2010 03:18 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

So do we know about all but three games on the schedule?

Here's what I think we know:

1) Supposedly we open @ SMU.
2) @ St. Bonaventure
3) @ Oral Roberts
4) @ Missouri State
5) Ole Miss at home
6) La Tech at home
7) Tulsa at home
8) St. Bonaventure at home
9) @ Rice and three more games in Vegas against Akron, Stetson, and ORU

By my count that accounts for 12 games, and with the exempt tournament we get to play 31 regular season games. 16 conference games and 15 non-conference. So three to go. Probably two will be non D-Is (Uggghhh), and one other that might be a bought game against a SWAC team or similar.
08-17-2010 03:39 PM
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(08-17-2010 03:39 PM)PTJR Wrote:  So do we know about all but three games on the schedule?

2) @ St. Bonaventure
3) @ Oral Roberts
4) @ Missouri State
5) Ole Miss at home
6) La Tech at home
7) Tulsa at home

By my count that accounts for 12 games, and with the exempt tournament we get to play 31 regular season games. 16 conference games and 15 non-conference. So three to go. Probably two will be non D-Is (Uggghhh), and one other that might be a bought game against a SWAC team or similar.

Looking at that schedule, just guessing, but if St. Bonny is any good, we could be 0-9 in a hurry, or 0-10 if we play Harding. Evidently Shields must have a lifetime contract, or he's trying to commit coaching suicide. I'd almost bet we'll lose more of those than we win.

I am glad to see us scheduling these kind of teams, and hope we don't add any D-2 teams to it.
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2010 04:35 PM by LRTrojan.)
08-17-2010 04:31 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(08-17-2010 04:31 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(08-17-2010 03:39 PM)PTJR Wrote:  So do we know about all but three games on the schedule?

2) @ St. Bonaventure
3) @ Oral Roberts
4) @ Missouri State
5) Ole Miss at home
6) La Tech at home
7) Tulsa at home

Looking at that schedule, just guessing, but if St. Bonny is any good, we could be 0-9 in a hurry, or 0-10 if we play Harding. Evidently Shields must have a lifetime contract, or he's trying to commit coaching suicide. I'd almost bet we'll lose more of those than we win.

I am glad to see us scheduling these kind of teams, and hope we don't add any D-2 teams to it.

Or if we're good enough we could be 9-0!04-cheers
08-17-2010 04:43 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(08-17-2010 04:43 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  
(08-17-2010 04:31 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  Looking at that schedule, just guessing, but if St. Bonny is any good, we could be 0-9 in a hurry, or 0-10 if we play Harding.

I should have know Doc, that you would fall off the wagon and start drinking that Kool-Aide again. We haven't even started official practice yet, with about half the squad new, and you're drinking again.03-wink
08-17-2010 06:37 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-17-2010 06:37 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(08-17-2010 04:31 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  Looking at that schedule, just guessing, but if St. Bonny is any good, we could be 0-9 in a hurry, or 0-10 if we play Harding.

I should have know Doc, that you would fall off the wagon and start drinking that Kool-Aide again. We haven't even started official practice yet, with about half the squad new, and you're drinking again.03-wink

Best schedule in all my years as a fan of the program. Is our team up to it? I don't know, but I'll enjoy seeing teams like Tulsa, Ole Miss, LaTech, and St. Bony in Little Rock.
08-17-2010 06:44 PM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

(08-17-2010 06:44 PM)mjs Wrote:  

Best schedule in all my years as a fan of the program. Is our team up to it? I don't know, but I'll enjoy seeing teams like Tulsa, Ole Miss, LaTech, and St. Bony in Little Rock.

I've got to admit, the home non-conference schedule is shaping up pretty good. The Richmond Spiders are really wanting to schedule a game on December 15th. Willing to start a home and home, pay a guarantee, or whatever. Wonder if we still need a game and are available on that date? A home and home with a team that ended the regular season last year in the top 25 would be pretty sweet. But I've got to admit I have a selfish agenda in that desire.
08-17-2010 07:04 PM
eh9198 Offline
All American

I Root For: Little Rock
That would be great! Inside, send it up ! :)
(This post was last modified: 08-17-2010 08:38 PM by eh9198.)
08-17-2010 08:38 PM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-17-2010 07:04 PM)PTJR Wrote:  

I've got to admit, the home non-conference schedule is shaping up pretty good. The Richmond Spiders are really wanting to schedule a game on December 15th. Willing to start a home and home, pay a guarantee, or whatever. Wonder if we still need a game and are available on that date? A home and home with a team that ended the regular season last year in the top 25 would be pretty sweet. But I've got to admit I have a selfish agenda in that desire.

Home and home with Richmond would be great. Must admit that our scheduling has really improved the past few years. Now if our team improves enough to match the schedule.04-cheers
08-17-2010 10:19 PM
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
(08-17-2010 10:19 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  Home and home with Richmond would be great.

That would be outstanding!
08-18-2010 06:59 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(08-17-2010 07:04 PM)PTJR Wrote:  

UALR finals end on Dec. 14, so it may be technically do-able. However, it may be that our coaching staff would rather our players be totally focused on finals that week than a game against a possibly ranked team.
08-18-2010 09:21 AM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I like the pink lemonade flavor!04-cheers
08-18-2010 09:40 AM
PTJR Offline
Heisman

2) @ St. Bonaventure
3) @ Oral Roberts
4) @ Missouri State
5) Ole Miss at home
6) La Tech at home
7) Tulsa at home

According to Slatton's twitter, the schedule will be out soon and will have new home and homes with Illinois State, St. Bonnies, and SMU. We knew about the home and home in the same year with SBU, and about a potential opener @ SMU. What we don't know is whether either SMU and/or Illinois State will be all in the same year, or a two year deal, and where the series will start with Illinois State.

If we are going to play two non-D-Is, and the SMU and Illinois State games are two year home and homes, then we know the opponents on the schedule. What we don't know is the name of the non-D-Is, but who cares about that anyway since they don't count.
08-19-2010 02:53 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.