Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Baseball Stadium status?
Bookmark and Share
BucHunter17 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ETSU & MTSU
Baseball Stadium status?
I have posted on here before but I couldn't remember my user name. It was something like kartracer17 or racingbuc17? I am the student who transferred from mtsu to etsu.

Anyways my question is have they started construction on the new baseball stadium yet?
08-07-2010 08:35 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Offline
Heisman

I Root For: ETSU
RE: Baseball Stadium status?
Please. Let's quit calling it a "stadium". It's not remotely going to be a "stadium". Let's call it a "field", or possibly "park".

Yes, they have; see another thread on this subject for that info. Right now just doing grading and so forth.....
08-08-2010 01:06 AM
ETSUbaseballFAN Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: BUCSbaseball
(08-08-2010 01:06 AM)posterformerlyknownasthedoctor Wrote:  Please. Let's quit calling it a "stadium". It's not remotely going to be a "stadium". Let's call it a "field", or possibly "park".

Yes, they have; see another thread on this subject for that info. Right now just doing grading and so forth.....

Well, it looks like a stadium to me from the pics I've seen.

stadium: a sports arena, usually oval or horseshoe-shaped, with tiers of seats for spectators.
08-08-2010 09:35 AM
bucfan1968 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
They are building a baseball field right now.. the stadium including seats will come later.. at least that's the way I heard it..
08-08-2010 10:23 PM
Heisman

It's going to be tiered?? I'll be surprised if that's the case. Anyway, "stadium" connotes a degree of grandeur, or size, that I doubt seriously this 'field' will have. Would you all call the women's softball field a "stadium"? I think not...
Heck, even Cardinal Park is nowhere near "stadium" class, and surely the ETSU place won't be bigger than that..........
08-09-2010 12:43 AM
Bucfaithful Offline
Heisman

This looked to me like a general inquiry; a curiousity about what's going on with the baseball ________, not a debate of semantics. Geez.
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2010 10:00 AM by Bucfaithful.)
08-09-2010 09:58 AM
Advertisement

Heisman

(08-09-2010 09:58 AM)Bucfaithful Wrote:  This looked to me like a general inquiry; a curiousity about what's going on with the baseball ________, not a debate of semantics. Geez.

Agreed.
My initial response was really hitting at the point of ETSU trying to aggrandize everything they do - the spin factor aspect. Meaning, imo, that we should call them on this stuff - as if they were open to changing the way they do things.
To be clear, it was not meant as a knock on BucHunter17 at all - but on the powers that be in athletic administration........
(This post was last modified: 08-09-2010 11:20 AM by posterformerlyknownasthedoctor.)
08-09-2010 11:18 AM
BucHunter17 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ETSU & MTSU
No offense was taken. Just a matter of curiousity like bucfaithful said.
08-09-2010 02:52 PM
BucNut22 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU, MICH, UC
Wake me up when construction begins on a new arena
08-10-2010 04:53 PM
BUCSFAN32 Offline
Water Engineer

I Root For: ETSU BUCS
The new Baseball Stadium is going to be a "Stadium" when all phases are complete. I have seen the construction plans and artist renderings for the new baseball STADIUM. They are building the first phase right now so we can play baseball next Spring and will continue construction of all phases until it is complete. It will be the size of Smokies Stadium when it is complete. Hopefully they will sell beer at the new Ballpark. GO BUCS!

http://www.kenross.com/kenross.swf
08-20-2010 12:12 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
I doubt beer will be sold. The AD has a deal to not do any kind of beer advertising. And you know how some people are around here...they would picket city hall.
08-20-2010 12:31 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

MeetMrTubbs Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ETSU Basketball
Smokies Stadium is pretty nice. It holds 5000+ I think. When you say size do you mean it's going to have this many seats? If so that will be an impressive ball park regardless of NCAA division or conference.
08-20-2010 12:34 PM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
I heard it isn't even gonna have as many seats as Cardinal park and it is gonna be kind of small.
08-20-2010 12:38 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BucsFan Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU & UVa
Will it seat more or be nicer than what Tusculum has now?
08-20-2010 12:54 PM
Heisman

Well, I went to the trouble to track down the "rendering" on Ross's web site, and even they call it a "complex". Further, and more importantly, we here have in the past referred to the current athletic administration as a "department of renderings". If indeed it comes off looking like that, then it would be pretty nice. Stadium, though? No, I still don't think so. Do you really think it'll look like that pretty picture? Hardly. If it's as nice as what Tusculum/the Astros have now, then that would be dandy. But it still wouldn't resemble a "stadium" in my book....
08-22-2010 09:21 AM
bucfan1968 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
How big is a stadium??? The local high schools and middle schools play baseball and football in places they call stadiums that seat 500 or 1000 or 1500..etc. and then UT plays football in a place they call a stadium that seats over 100,000???????

Maybe until it reaches a certain number of seats, we should just stick with ball park.. Does anyone know what that number is????

But then some major league baseball teams play in places that seat 50,000 or more that they still call ball parks...confusing.....
08-22-2010 11:26 AM
Advertisement

WingedWarrior Offline
2nd String

I Root For: Go Bucs!
The stadium/park/field/complex discussion reminds me of the question of what constitutes a college vs what constitutes a university. Certainly "colleges" tend to be smaller and focus more on undergraduate programs, and "universities" tend to be larger and focus more on graduate programs. But that's just a tendency, not an absolute rule. Clearly Boston College is a university. Conversely, Ouachita Baptist University, with it's 1500 students and only undergraduate programs, is really more of a college. Bottom line for both educational institutions and athletic facilities: It's what the sign says.
(This post was last modified: 08-23-2010 10:06 AM by WingedWarrior.)
08-23-2010 07:20 AM
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

Donators
I was always under the impression that a college was a school without a graduate program and a university had one. I guess I am wrong.
08-23-2010 09:09 AM
bucfan81 Offline
Heisman

I was driving by the area the other day and noticed that it still consists of rough grading with tree stumps piled up in the middle. They better get going if they are going to put a baseball stadium there.
08-23-2010 10:07 AM
TheShadow Offline
2nd String

They will not be playing in a new stadium this year.

Even a great construction company with a well-timed effort and perfect weather couldn't get THAT stadium pulled off in 6 months. And we all know ETSU's record in regards to speedy/timely construction projects.

(Yes, we are now only 6 months from the start of baseball season!)
(This post was last modified: 08-25-2010 03:20 PM by TheShadow.)
08-25-2010 03:18 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.