Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

niuredriot.com domain
Bookmark and Share
PSE NIU Offline
1st String

I Root For: NIU Huskies
niuredriot.com domain
Hey all, it's been awhile. The domain is set to expire on 7/24. Should I renew or let it expire?
07-12-2010 07:28 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

Donators
RE: niuredriot.com domain
Sadly, I think the time to let it expire has. Sadly I don't think anyone has taken the reigns how that HF38 has graduated. Thank for your hosting and paying for the domain. I truly appreciate the support. We tried...
07-12-2010 07:31 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Huskiefan38 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies!!!
(07-12-2010 07:31 PM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  Sadly, I think the time to let it expire has. Sadly I don't think anyone has taken the reigns how that HF38 has graduated. Thank for your hosting and paying for the domain. I truly appreciate the support. We tried...

It has been taken over.

I think that the NIU athletics department would like to take over paying for it though. Do you mind if I give them your contact information?

If you don't mind, send me a PM with your info so I can forward it to Amanda Benzine in the AD (marketing).

You can chose to send your information to her yourself as well, if you do not want to go through me.

Thanks so much for hosting the domain through the years. :)

And I think the Red Riot has a brighter future with some new plans actually. We will see. Could go either way. AD wants to keep it alive, and we found a student willing to take it.
07-12-2010 10:27 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BleedsHuskieRed Offline
All American

I Root For: NIU

Donators
(07-12-2010 10:27 PM)Huskiefan38 Wrote:  
(07-12-2010 07:31 PM)BleedsHuskieRed Wrote:  Sadly, I think the time to let it expire has. Sadly I don't think anyone has taken the reigns how that HF38 has graduated. Thank for your hosting and paying for the domain. I truly appreciate the support. We tried...

It has been taken over.

I think that the NIU athletics department would like to take over paying for it though. Do you mind if I give them your contact information?

If you don't mind, send me a PM with your info so I can forward it to Amanda Benzine in the AD (marketing).

You can chose to send your information to her yourself as well, if you do not want to go through me.

Thanks so much for hosting the domain through the years. :)

And I think the Red Riot has a brighter future with some new plans actually. We will see. Could go either way. AD wants to keep it alive, and we found a student willing to take it.
Thats awesome! I'm glad they're trying. We put a lot of effort into that and I'm glad to see someone cares like we did.
07-13-2010 01:07 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

PSE NIU Offline
1st String

HF38, I sent you my email via PM. I can transfer ownership any time, but it does expire on 7/24.
07-13-2010 12:51 PM
Huskiefan38 Offline
Heisman

(07-13-2010 12:51 PM)PSE NIU Wrote:  HF38, I sent you my email via PM. I can transfer ownership any time, but it does expire on 7/24.

Thanks for all the years of donations PSE :)
07-13-2010 06:04 PM
PSE NIU Offline
1st String

I still haven't heard from them. There's only a few days left.
07-19-2010 04:50 PM
Advertisement

Huskiefan38 Offline
Heisman

I sent a follow up e-mail
07-19-2010 11:18 PM
Huskiefan38 Offline
Heisman

"Hey Justin. We're not going to pay to keep the domain. We're revamping everything anyway, so his info probably isn't accurate. We'll put all of the new info. on our website and on facebook. Thanks for checking though!"
07-20-2010 09:18 AM
PSE NIU Offline
1st String

Okay...once they have control of the domain they can do whatever they want with it. If I let it lapse someone will probably snatch it up and if they want it in the future they'll have to pay a good chunk of money (at least a couple hundred bucks is my guess).

Just to confirm, they have no interest in owning the niuredriot.com domain?
07-21-2010 10:04 AM
Advertisement

Huskiefan38 Offline
Heisman

(07-21-2010 10:04 AM)PSE NIU Wrote:  Okay...once they have control of the domain they can do whatever they want with it. If I let it lapse someone will probably snatch it up and if they want it in the future they'll have to pay a good chunk of money (at least a couple hundred bucks is my guess).

how much is it
07-21-2010 05:05 PM
Huskiefan38 Offline
Heisman

(07-21-2010 05:05 PM)Huskiefan38 Wrote:  
(07-21-2010 10:04 AM)PSE NIU Wrote:  Okay...once they have control of the domain they can do whatever they want with it. If I let it lapse someone will probably snatch it up and if they want it in the future they'll have to pay a good chunk of money (at least a couple hundred bucks is my guess).

how much is it

"We don't want the niuredriot.com domain. We have a section on our website and on facebook. Thanks for checking."

I will probably buy it though, it will get used some day. I can't afford server space so I will just pay for domain and keep the content local until someone else wants to fund it or can donate server space.

I'm really sick of the AD this week
07-21-2010 05:17 PM
PSE NIU Offline
1st String

(07-21-2010 05:17 PM)Huskiefan38 Wrote:  
(07-21-2010 05:05 PM)Huskiefan38 Wrote:  

how much is it

"We don't want the niuredriot.com domain. We have a section on our website and on facebook. Thanks for checking."

I will probably buy it though, it will get used some day. I can't afford server space so I will just pay for domain and keep the content local until someone else wants to fund it or can donate server space.

I'm really sick of the AD this week

It's about $10/year. I'll start the transfer process if you want. I'll go ahead and renew first because that takes about a week if I recall correctly.
07-21-2010 08:06 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.