Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Thread Closed 
WVU gains 4th commitment for 2011
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
WVU gains 4th commitment for 2011
WVU's 4th commitment for 2011 sounds like he's perfect for DL Coach Kirelawich, who is a master at finding talented kids from small schools. He's rated 2-star by scout and 3-star by rivals...
WV Metro News Wrote:Smell The Roses
Chip Fontanazza
Centerville, Ohio
07/07/2010

Defensive end Kyle Rose from Centerville High School becomes the fourth verbal commitment for the Mountaineers' 2011 recruiting class.

Rose played both football and wrestling at Centerville High School and the Elks head football coach Ron Ullery said Rose plays with a lot of energy on the field.

"He's a high motor guy," said Ullery. "[He played] both interior and defensive end for us this past season and he's kind of a swing guy. It's kind of funny going through the recruiting process different schools looked at him as a different type of defensive lineman...[He's a] very intense guy, uses his hands well, plays with leverage and plays with at nasty streak that the defensive line coaches seem to really love."

Rose's goal was to play football in a BCS conference and Ullery says the Mountaineers were the perfect fit for the soon-to-be WVU defensive end.

"Kyle loves challenges," said the Centerville head coach. "He wanted to play at the absolute highest level of football that he could and that he had the opportunity to play at and after West Virginia offered he's been there a couple times to visit and loves the place."

At 6-foot-4, 235 pounds, Ullery said Rose will play on the defensive line at the next level. Current Mountaineer Jeremy Kash is the only former Centerville player on the roster and Ullery said the two talked during the recruiting process. That and the coaching staff are some of the many reasons Rose decided to give his verbal to the Mountaineers.

"He felt a connection to all of the coaches," said Ullery. "He liked the way they coached, they said they coach very intensely and he's used to that here and that's the type of kid he is."
07-07-2010 01:13 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

WacoBearcat Away
Heisman

I Root For: UC
RE: WVU gains 4th commitment for 2011
UC just received a commitment from Shaq Washington, a 3-star receiver from Maple Heights High School in northern Ohio. He had seventeen scholarship offers from schools including Boston College, Illinois, N.C. State, UCLA, Colorado, and Duke.

http://www.bearcatlair.com/home-news/sha...cincinnati
(This post was last modified: 07-07-2010 03:31 PM by WacoBearcat.)
07-07-2010 03:31 PM
Find all posts by this user
JFlight21 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: Cincinnati
(07-07-2010 03:31 PM)WacoBearcat Wrote:  UC just received a commitment from Shaq Washington, a 3-star receiver from Maple Heights High School in northern Ohio. He had seventeen scholarship offers from schools including Boston College, Illinois, N.C. State, UCLA, Colorado, and Duke.

http://www.bearcatlair.com/home-news/sha...cincinnati

He's the best receiver in the state of Ohio. Big time pick up for the Bearcats.
07-07-2010 05:06 PM
Ring of Black Offline
Official Person to Blame

I Root For: Cincy Bearcats
Congrats on a good get WVU.
07-07-2010 09:14 PM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(07-07-2010 09:14 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  Congrats on a good get WVU.
Thanks dude. I was beginning to think this was a discussion on UC's recruiting... 04-cheers
07-07-2010 09:22 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
(07-07-2010 09:22 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
(07-07-2010 09:14 PM)BJUnklFkr Wrote:  Congrats on a good get WVU.
Thanks dude. I was beginning to think this was a discussion on UC's recruiting... 04-cheers

Congrats to WVU!

UCONN had a good day in recruiting today.

USC player Shoemate is transferring from the Trojans to the Huskies.

http://sports.espn.go.com/los-angeles/nc...id=5365906

UCONN also picked up a commitment from Mass WR who picked UCONN over Nebraska and Wisconsin.
(This post was last modified: 07-09-2010 02:43 PM by SF Husky.)
07-09-2010 02:43 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I saw the announcement about Shoemate. But missed the other one...
07-09-2010 03:59 PM
SF Husky Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UCONN
(07-09-2010 03:59 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  I saw the announcement about Shoemate. But missed the other one...

UCONN picked up another WR commit from New England. That's 3 in one day. Shoemate was a former 5 star recruit. I am not sold he is any better than any of the current UCONN back. We just have to see. He must be really good if he can beat out Jordan Todman. Todman, if rated correctly, should have been at minimal a 4 star recruit. He definitely was the usual 2 star assigned to all the UCONN recruits by those idiots at those Internet recruiting services.

UCONN basketball also picked two commits from Germany. One 7'1" and another 6'6". They are from Europe so they can shoot. The biggest problem UCONN had was shooting and I guess that's one way to address it. Whoa, UCONN got 7 players committed for the current class.

http://www.theday.com/article/20100709/S.../307099819
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2010 12:34 AM by SF Husky.)
07-10-2010 12:25 AM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.