Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Big 12
Bookmark and Share
DollarBill Offline
1st String

I Root For: Trojans
Big 12
Just saw it crawl cross bottom of ESPN screen. Texas has decided against leaving the Big 12 for the Pac 10. Instead Texas will begin work with other Big 12 schools on TV and other things. Texas would like to be identified with Stanford, Berkley, UCLA etc regarding academics. Otherwise the Horns, the richest of all college athletic programs don't need the long distance of the Pac 10 schools. If this report is true and holds up. Fans of college sports will appreciate what Texas has done.
06-14-2010 06:44 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
RE: Big 12
(06-14-2010 06:44 PM)DollarBill Wrote:  Just saw it crawl cross bottom of ESPN screen. Texas has decided against leaving the Big 12 for the Pac 10. Instead Texas will begin work with other Big 12 schools on TV and other things. Texas would like to be identified with Stanford, Berkley, UCLA etc regarding academics. Otherwise the Horns, the richest of all college athletic programs don't need the long distance of the Pac 10 schools. If this report is true and holds up. Fans of college sports will appreciate what Texas has done.

I'm sure Kansas, Missouri, and Iowa State appreciate it. Of course, Missouri was ready to jump to the Big 10 so they would have deserved being left out in the cold. It will be interesting the the Big 12 (really 10) will survive. Losing Colorado and Nebraska definitely made them an even better basketball conference. Nebraska loss does hurt in football, but they haven't been really good in awhile. Losing Colorado doesn't hurt. Now they can have a balanced 9 game schedule and get rid of the stupid championship game. I just don't know if any of the teams in the conference can trust anyone else at this point.
06-14-2010 08:36 PM
DollarBill Offline
1st String

I Root For: Trojans
You could be right in thinking that this may not be a permanent deal for the BIG 12. Maybe it was the best thing to do at this point in time. I do believe that Texas and Oklahoma would have taken serious criticism had they chosen to abandon the other schools such as Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State etc. Another thought. Football is very important in Texas. Families and fans want to be able to follow the players for road games. One more thing. Losing Colorado is like the SBC without Denver. I still believe that if money was comparable, UAF would be a good fit for the BIG 12.
06-14-2010 10:21 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(06-14-2010 10:21 PM)DollarBill Wrote:  You could be right in thinking that this may not be a permanent deal for the BIG 12. Maybe it was the best thing to do at this point in time. I do believe that Texas and Oklahoma would have taken serious criticism had they chosen to abandon the other schools such as Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State etc. Another thought. Football is very important in Texas. Families and fans want to be able to follow the players for road games. One more thing. Losing Colorado is like the SBC without Denver. I still believe that if money was comparable, UAF would be a good fit for the BIG 12.

There was never a doubt the Hogs should be in the Big 12, but Broyles, being an old SEC man, and looking at the money the SEC paid, probably made the right choice. Remember. When Title 9 came about, money became a big problem for college sports, so anything they could do to raise more money was acceptable. But geographically and rivalry wise, Arkansas is a Big 12 team.04-cheers
06-15-2010 10:21 AM
Robert C Offline
littlerocktrojans.com

I Root For: LR,Tulsa
(06-15-2010 10:21 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  
(06-14-2010 10:21 PM)DollarBill Wrote:  You could be right in thinking that this may not be a permanent deal for the BIG 12. Maybe it was the best thing to do at this point in time. I do believe that Texas and Oklahoma would have taken serious criticism had they chosen to abandon the other schools such as Kansas, Kansas State, Iowa State etc. Another thought. Football is very important in Texas. Families and fans want to be able to follow the players for road games. One more thing. Losing Colorado is like the SBC without Denver. I still believe that if money was comparable, UAF would be a good fit for the BIG 12.

There was never a doubt the Hogs should be in the Big 12, but Broyles, being an old SEC man, and looking at the money the SEC paid, probably made the right choice. Remember. When Title 9 came about, money became a big problem for college sports, so anything they could do to raise more money was acceptable. But geographically and rivalry wise, Arkansas is a Big 12 team.04-cheers

+1
I can't get as excited about Florida or Alabama like we did against A&M and Texas back in the day. I'd be pumped about OSU and OU too. Hell, go ahead and put Memphis in the Big 12.
06-15-2010 11:55 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Scotto Offline

I Root For: Longshot to Win
The Bama and Florida games in Fayettenam ROCK.
06-15-2010 12:14 PM
Robert C Offline
littlerocktrojans.com

(06-15-2010 12:14 PM)Scotto Wrote:  The Bama and Florida games in Fayettenam ROCK.

So, we have adapted. There is an entire generation raised on Arkansas in the SEC. It's too late. I'm too OLD.
06-15-2010 03:10 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Robert C Offline
littlerocktrojans.com

(06-15-2010 03:10 PM)Robert C Wrote:  
(06-15-2010 12:14 PM)Scotto Wrote:  The Bama and Florida games in Fayettenam ROCK.

So, we have adapted. Also consider there is an entire generation raised on Arkansas in the SEC. It's too late. I'm too OLD.
06-15-2010 03:11 PM
Scotto Offline

I Root For: Longshot to Win
I lived in Faybelville for 7 years and saw some of the great SWC conference teams - never missed a game. Those 1970's - 80's SWC teams simply don't compare to the quality of teams represented in the SEC.

Leaving the SWC was second greatest decision Coach Broyles ever made.
06-15-2010 03:16 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.