Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Sun Belt > WAC
Bookmark and Share
lmckay92 Offline
Straight cash, homie.

I Root For: Marshall
Sun Belt > WAC
An outsider's observation. The only thing keeping the WAC relevant was Boise St. even with Hawaii and Fresno St.'s past success. Just, please, for the love of God, don't let LA Tech come back. Just watch what's left of their program decay and die :D
06-11-2010 03:25 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Fanof49ASU Offline
Heisman

I Root For: stAte
RE: Sun Belt > WAC
(06-11-2010 03:25 PM)lmckay92 Wrote:  An outsider's observation. The only thing keeping the WAC relevant was Boise St. even with Hawaii and Fresno St.'s past success. Just, please, for the love of God, don't let LA Tech come back. Just watch what's left of their program decay and die :D

Hear, Hear!
06-11-2010 03:43 PM
theATLDawg Offline
All American

I Root For:
don't think you will have to worry about that. WAC is still a stronger conference without Boise but I don't think Tech will be in that conference either. Look for Tech and MT to be in CUSA soon
06-11-2010 03:47 PM
CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

I Root For: Louisiana
(06-11-2010 03:47 PM)theATLDawg Wrote:  don't think you will have to worry about that. WAC is still a stronger conference without Boise but I don't think Tech will be in that conference either. Look for Tech and MT to be in CUSA soon

The WAC with Boise State, is the SBC with snow.04-rock
06-11-2010 03:59 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
CajunT Offline
Basement Dweller Hater

I Root For: Louisiana
(06-11-2010 03:47 PM)theATLDawg Wrote:  don't think you will have to worry about that. WAC is still a stronger conference without Boise but I don't think Tech will be in that conference either. Look for Tech and MT to be in CUSA soon

BTW, what market to do you provide for C-USA? Please don't even say Shreveport! You won't be in the top two for C-USA. It's about television contracts and markets, you have nothing to offer in that category.
06-11-2010 04:01 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
If the five remaining Big XII schools form a new league with the remaining Big East schools (or raid MWC to get what they want) CUSA doesn't have a vacancy.
06-11-2010 04:04 PM
Advertisement

BlueRaiderFan. Offline
1st String

I Root For: Middle Tennesse
Not likely. That would put the Big East too far west. Most likely the Big East pulls from Conf USA and then MT, Troy and WKU are gone.
06-11-2010 05:21 PM
MT FAN Offline
All American

SBC is now definitely a better conference compared to the Boise less WAC.
06-11-2010 05:26 PM
SOT1977 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ULM

The WAC just lost their sugar daddy and that'll make the difference in whether the conference stays strong or not. It'll become a regional conference, no doubt. LaTech will move but it won't be to CUSA. They don't measure up to any of the requirements of that conference (market, budget, or academics). However, it wouldn't surprise if MT received a few overtures to go to CUSA. It'll be up to MT to decide if they want to remain in the SBC. I can understand the grass looking greener over at the CUSA but is the Sun Belt going to find out if it's going to benefit more than we can imagine from this change? Or do we all become one of the remaining 40 or so non-BCS schools on the outside looking in?

As the SBC 8-ball sez, "Ask again later."
06-11-2010 05:31 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I've crunched the numbers using the BCS rating system (used to determine who gets how much money).

WAC - Boise + FCS, basically you throw the MAC, WAC, Sun Belt in a hat from year to year pretty well equal.

But if a certain institution located far to the east of the rest of the WAC were to leave them and join the Sun Belt, the Sun Belt is not worse than 3rd and in some years is the #2 ranked conference.

That same institution in CUSA does nothing to move them from #2 to #1 and marginally increases C-USA's margin of error against pursuit by the other three leagues.

Based on the numbers, I'm not going to say WAC - Boise is worse than the Sun Belt but it certainly isn't better.
06-11-2010 05:31 PM
theATLDawg Offline
All American

I Root For:
(06-11-2010 05:31 PM)SOT1977 Wrote:  

The WAC just lost their sugar daddy and that'll make the difference in whether the conference stays strong or not. It'll become a regional conference, no doubt. LaTech will move but it won't be to CUSA. They don't measure up to any of the requirements of that conference (market, budget, or academics). However, it wouldn't surprise if MT received a few overtures to go to CUSA. It'll be up to MT to decide if they want to remain in the SBC. I can understand the grass looking greener over at the CUSA but is the Sun Belt going to find out if it's going to benefit more than we can imagine from this change? Or do we all become one of the remaining 40 or so non-BCS schools on the outside looking in?

oh so thats why CUSA has Tech and Temple on their short list. Hmmmm and I thought its because we brought nothing to the table. Bottom line is we don't get in if an opening doesnt arrive. If it does we are first in. Whether you hate Tech or not we are very high on their list. Haaattttahhhs. CUSA is already talking to Tech about the move. And no but sorry even without Boise the Wac is still stronger than the Belt. None of your teams would have beaten Nevada Idaho Fresno Hawaii or for that matter Tech last year. MT and Troy would have finished third at the very very best last year in the WAC. Losing Boise will no doubt hurt but it just gives an opportunity for another team to step it up. Techs biggest fear and it is a legit one is if the MWC continues to raid Fresno and Hawaii. If that does not happen it is still a better conference than the Belt. The only way Tech will find itself in the Belt is if ULM drops back down to its rightful place. They do not need to be a div1a team. FCS is the only way that school will save face. You had way more interest in the program when you were competing for 1aa titles. Nobody and I mean not even Monroe gives a crap about ULM and Tech will NOT be in a conference that has anything to do with them. And if all of you would be honest with yourselves neither do any of you in the belt. Read the message boards of your fellow Belt teams. They want nothing to do with ULM. There is more interest in UTSA and they haven't even fielded a team yet.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2010 02:43 AM by theATLDawg.)
06-12-2010 02:28 AM
Advertisement

arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

Mizzou was on the Big 10 short list and many thought Nebraska was the one in danger of not getting in.

Only a fool trusts what anyone is saying about their chances.
06-12-2010 05:51 AM
AtlantaJag Offline
Beltbbs USA INsider

I Root For: USA Jaguars
(06-12-2010 02:28 AM)theATLDawg Wrote:  

oh so thats why CUSA has Tech and Temple on their short list. Hmmmm and I thought its because we brought nothing to the table. Bottom line is we don't get in if an opening doesnt arrive. If it does we are first in. Whether you hate Tech or not we are very high on their list. Haaattttahhhs. CUSA is already talking to Tech about the move. And no but sorry even without Boise the Wac is still stronger than the Belt. None of your teams would have beaten Nevada Idaho Fresno Hawaii or for that matter Tech last year. MT and Troy would have finished third at the very very best last year in the WAC. Losing Boise will no doubt hurt but it just gives an opportunity for another team to step it up. Techs biggest fear and it is a legit one is if the MWC continues to raid Fresno and Hawaii. If that does not happen it is still a better conference than the Belt. The only way Tech will find itself in the Belt is if ULM drops back down to its rightful place. They do not need to be a div1a team. FCS is the only way that school will save face. You had way more interest in the program when you were competing for 1aa titles. Nobody and I mean not even Monroe gives a crap about ULM and Tech will NOT be in a conference that has anything to do with them. And if all of you would be honest with yourselves neither do any of you in the belt. Read the message boards of your fellow Belt teams. They want nothing to do with ULM. There is more interest in UTSA and they haven't even fielded a team yet.

I know for a fact that every football playing school in the Sun Belt has had a conversation with CUSA in the past few days. The difference is that we don't naively assume that makes us special.
Oh, and I like having ULM in the conference.
(This post was last modified: 06-12-2010 03:58 PM by AtlantaJag.)
06-12-2010 06:20 AM
theATLDawg Offline
All American

I Root For:
(06-12-2010 06:20 AM)AtlantaJag Wrote:  

I know for a fact that every football playing school in the Sun Belt has had a conversation with CUSA in the past few days. The difference is that we naively assume that makes us special.

sure you do. There is even talk of closing the school altogether much less staying FBS
06-12-2010 06:50 AM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

(06-12-2010 06:50 AM)theATLDawg Wrote:  sure you do. There is even talk of closing the school altogether much less staying FBS

You just summed up why Louisiana has a helluva time getting respect (Which has nothing to do with sports).

Get into a state budget crisis over higher ed and know one cares. So they play politics and announce ULM, McNeese, etc might be shut down then all the rubes who didn't care before suddenly realize a major industry might be shut down, they call their legislator, a solution is found and it carries on. Everyone in Louisiana is happy that it worked out and the people in the 49 normal states stand there with their jaw hanging down in shock that a state would ever contemplate reducing higher ed opportunities because we all are looking for ways to increase opportunities. Even California which is about as financially sound as Greece just raised tuition to deal with their problems.
06-12-2010 07:30 AM
Arrowhead Offline
Beltbbs ULM INsider

I Root For: ULM
Go back to Rust-on and clean out your drawers after Boise left and leave ULM out of this. The SBC will never kick out ULM to add a bunch of pompous asses.

(06-12-2010 06:50 AM)theATLDawg Wrote:  
(06-12-2010 06:20 AM)AtlantaJag Wrote:  

I know for a fact that every football playing school in the Sun Belt has had a conversation with CUSA in the past few days. The difference is that we naively assume that makes us special.

sure you do. There is even talk of closing the school altogether much less staying FBS
06-12-2010 09:21 AM
Advertisement

Burn the Horse Offline
I'm Watching You

I Root For: TROY
i got to agree, as far as fanbases id much rather have ULM than Tech in the Conference. Bulldog fans are annoying.
06-12-2010 09:27 AM
KAjunRaider Offline
Heisman

I Root For: U.M.T.
Monroe is a much better city to visit than Ruston, that is fo' sho'.
06-12-2010 09:50 AM
BlueRaiderFan. Offline
1st String

The areas in bold made me realize you're an idiot.
06-12-2010 09:55 AM
MTPiKapp Offline
Socialist

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(06-12-2010 02:28 AM)theATLDawg Wrote:  None of your teams would have beaten Nevada Idaho Fresno Hawaii or for that matter Tech last year. MT and Troy would have finished third at the very very best last year in the WAC.

Just out of curiosity...how would MT or Troy have finished anywhere near third if we couldn't have beaten Boise, Nevada, Idaho, Fresno, Hawaii or Tech?

Seriously, are you paying attention as you type? MT and Troy both would have beaten Tech easily last year. Tech was not a good team last year, MT and Troy were. I know last year was an unlucky year with injuries and bad breaks on the field, but still, you would not have beaten MT or Troy last year.
06-12-2010 10:19 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.