Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

math
Bookmark and Share
MICHAELSPAPPY Offline
Legend

I Root For: CHI ST, CROWLEY, TEX WES
math
Louzeiro plus Leeper minus Burton and Smith.
Net plus or minus?
06-01-2010 07:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

eh9198 Offline
All American

I Root For: Little Rock
RE: math
Net minus, I'd say. Losing Burton won't hurt, but we saw how much life without Mike hurt us. Leeper will be a complete non-factor for at least two years, and Louzeiro had very underwhelming stats in JC but might have some potential.

By the way, did anyone ever find out what kind of stats Leeper had his senior year of HS?
06-01-2010 08:19 AM
mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(06-01-2010 08:19 AM)eh9198 Wrote:  Net minus, I'd say. Losing Burton won't hurt, but we saw how much life without Mike hurt us. Leeper will be a complete non-factor for at least two years, and Louzeiro had very underwhelming stats in JC but might have some potential.

By the way, did anyone ever find out what kind of stats Leeper had his senior year of HS?

I'd have to agree. I'd be very surprised if Leeper as freshman is better than Burton as a senior. I would also be surprised if Marlo is better than Big Mike. I'd be happy to be surprised.
06-01-2010 01:35 PM
Advertisement

insideualr Offline
Lord of the Trojans

Leeper will be better than Burton

Marlo will not be as good as Smith

In real terms, we will be better off because Smith did not play most of the season and Burton's fouling was awful.
06-01-2010 08:42 PM
eh9198 Offline
All American

I Root For: Little Rock
At 2 points and 4 rebounds a game (that's all we have to go on), Leeper will not be as good as even Wayne Burton, yet. With time he'll be better, but that's a few years down the road.
06-01-2010 09:01 PM
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-01-2010 09:01 PM)eh9198 Wrote:  At 2 points and 4 rebounds a game (that's all we have to go on), Leeper will not be as good as even Wayne Burton, yet. With time he'll be better, but that's a few years down the road.

I agree that Leeper will eventually be better than Burton. No way he is as good as him as a freshman. Burton started a bunch of games, like him or not. If Leeper is as good as Burton next season, he will be all-conference as a junior with Joe Kleine working with him.
06-01-2010 10:51 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-01-2010 10:51 PM)mjs Wrote:  
(06-01-2010 09:01 PM)eh9198 Wrote:  At 2 points and 4 rebounds a game (that's all we have to go on), Leeper will not be as good as even Wayne Burton, yet. With time he'll be better, but that's a few years down the road.

I agree that Leeper will eventually be better than Burton. No way he is as good as him as a freshman. Burton started a bunch of games, like him or not. If Leeper is as good as Burton next season, he will be all-conference as a junior with Joe Kleine working with him.

If Gus can shoot 25% from the free throw line, he'll be an improvement over Burton. Only ft shooter in our history who might have been worse than Burton that I can remember was Derek Crayton who hit the layup to beat Mississippi State. He threw up nothing but bricks from the line.04-cheers
06-02-2010 01:59 PM
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(06-02-2010 01:59 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  

If Gus can shoot 25% from the free throw line, he'll be an improvement over Burtone Only ft shooter in our history who might have been worse than Burton that I can remember was Derek Crayton who hit the layup to beat Mississippi State. He threw up nothing but bricks from the line.:cheers:

We've recruited our fair share of brick layers over the years.
06-02-2010 02:16 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(06-02-2010 02:16 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  

If Gus can shoot 25% from the free throw line, he'll be an improvement over Burtone Only ft shooter in our history who might have been worse than Burton that I can remember was Derek Crayton who hit the layup to beat Mississippi State. He threw up nothing but bricks from the line.:cheers:

They might have been able to build the Stephens Center for less than was paid.04-cheers
06-02-2010 03:00 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(06-02-2010 03:00 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  
(06-02-2010 02:16 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  

They might have been able to build the Stephens Center for less than was paid.04-cheers

Sure, if they'd just thought of using the local labor that was already on campus.[/b]
06-02-2010 03:09 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.