4.) I love party decks.
04-13-2010 07:59 PM
Find all posts by this user
UofL07 Offline
All American

I Root For: Louisville
RE: 4/13/10 - Louisville Football Expansion Pics
(04-13-2010 07:59 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  1.) The stadium looks sweet

I'm biased (obviously), but I think Jurich and the design firms involved did an excellent job with the expansion. The Oven is going to look very nice when fall rolls around.

(04-13-2010 07:59 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  2.) I'm surprised they let that many people in there with all the construction

Just got to know the right people 04-cheers

(04-13-2010 07:59 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  3.) Looks like it's time to close the endzone

The endzone will never be closed fully as the stadium was design to allow spectators to see the city skyline in the background. Plus, the Schnellenburger complex (weights, meeting rooms, offices, hall of fame, etc) is sitting there. The only future plans for that endzone are to extend the ends of stadium a bit further towards the Schnellenburger complex (but not completely close it in).

(04-13-2010 07:59 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  4.) I love party decks.

The new areas begin with the south terrace, which is about 40 feet beyond the current last row behind the south end zone. It will feature tents filled with concessions, a massive scoreboard that measures 120 by 50 feet and a place for fans to congregate before or during games.

At the moment it's only concrete with stacks of cinderblocks and equipment strewn about, but when finished, Jurich said it would be his favorite part of the expansion.

“The terrace is really unique. Our fans are going to really enjoy that area,” he said. “It's really festive, has great sight lines and will be a great place for people to gather.”

Fashioned after the expanded end-zone area in Raymond James Stadium — home of South Florida and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers — the terrace can hold up to 2,500 people and will connect both sides of the stadium.
04-14-2010 09:34 AM
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
I'll post it again...
bitcruncher Wrote:Why do we have to have a new thread every time somebody runs across an article on the PJS expansion. Don't you guys know how to post in a previous thread? We now have at least 4 threads on this very same subject. IMO, that's f#ck!ng rediculous... 03-banghead
The next person to start a new thread on this same subject is going to be in deep sh!t - head downwards...
04-14-2010 10:08 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

We could always start another pointless conference expansion thread....then again just start a PJCS Expansion Forum. 02-13-banana

Truth is our football program has sucked so badly the last three years that most of us are happy to anything positive to post about UofL Football.
CJ
(This post was last modified: 04-14-2010 12:44 PM by CardinalJim.)
04-14-2010 12:43 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
(04-14-2010 12:43 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  We could always start another pointless conference expansion thread....then again just start a PJCS Expansion Forum. 02-13-banana
That may be a good idea, although I'd just move 'em to the Louisville board...
(04-14-2010 12:43 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  Truth is our football program has sucked so badly the last three years that most of us are happy to anything positive to post about UofL Football.
If you guys have a decent season, I imagine the roar will be heard all the way to Gainesville... 04-cheers
04-14-2010 01:02 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user
Advertisement

BullsBEAST Offline
1st String

I Root For: USF Bulls
looks really nice... now the question is can you fill it?

i do agree that closing the end zone would be nice though, ive never been a fan of stadiums that werent completely connected all the way around... yours may be an exception though as it looks very nice
04-14-2010 01:59 PM
bearcatfan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: The Bearcats!
Very nice and impressive!
04-14-2010 03:07 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(04-14-2010 01:59 PM)BullsBEAST Wrote:  looks really nice... now the question is can you fill it?

i do agree that closing the end zone would be nice though, ive never been a fan of stadiums that werent completely connected all the way around... yours may be an exception though as it looks very nice

Until last season there was a waiting list of 10,000 to 12,000 to buy season tickets. If those that didn't get season tickets last season because of the previous koach return to buy this season (I fall into this group) combined with with the new season ticket holders from last season and any getting season tickets for the first time, season tickets should sell-out this year.

The 10,000 seats in the new upper level are for all practical purposes already sold-out as are the loge and luxury box seats. The only thing remaining are a few season tickets in the lower level in the corners.

I wouldn't look for the stadium to ever get enclosed on the north end.
The only thing UofL would do to increase capacity the next go round is change from all chair back seats to bleachers in certain areas. I understand without the expansion if they just replaced the chairbacks with bleachers, the stadium would hold 80,000.
CJ
04-14-2010 03:41 PM
Advertisement

UofL07 Offline
All American

(04-14-2010 03:41 PM)CardinalJim Wrote:  I wouldn't look for the stadium to ever get enclosed on the north end.
The only thing UofL would do to increase capacity the next go round is change from all chair back seats to bleachers in certain areas. I understand without the expansion if they just replaced the chairbacks with bleachers, the stadium would hold 80,000.
CJ

The stadium was designed to hold a capacity of 80K+ with chairback seating. The next phase of expansion (whenever it happens) will add a second level in the south endzone.
04-14-2010 06:40 PM
CardinalJim Offline
Welcome to The New Age

(04-14-2010 06:40 PM)UofL07 Wrote:  The stadium was designed to hold a capacity of 80K+ with chairback seating. The next phase of expansion (whenever it happens) will add a second level in the south endzone.

That may be true but consider the following. The bucket seats presently in use in the stadium are 24" wide. Now if the stadium seats 56,000 after expansion, take that 56,000 seats and multiple by the 24" that gives you 1,344,000". Divide those same inches by bleacher seats that are normally 18" wide and you get 74,666 seats. If you have ever been to Commonwealth with it's over abundance of aluminum bleachers it's the perfect example how you can cram more people into the same physical size stadium. Just something to think about.....
CJ
04-15-2010 08:22 PM
Wilkie01 Offline
Cards Prognosticater
Jersey Retired

Jurich and Ramsey have said never to the bleacher idea! 04-cheers
04-15-2010 09:41 PM
Advertisement

CollegeCard Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UofL
No one is debating that you get more seats with bleachers. UofL is never going to tear out seats for bleachers though. Just not happening. If they need to expand they'll build on the upper deck. That is not going to be a concern for quite a while though with the new addition.
04-15-2010 10:11 PM
swagsurfer11 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: UC
(04-14-2010 09:34 AM)UofL07 Wrote:  
(04-13-2010 07:59 PM)swagsurfer11 Wrote:  4.) I love party decks.

The new areas begin with the south terrace, which is about 40 feet beyond the current last row behind the south end zone. It will feature tents filled with concessions, a massive scoreboard that measures 120 by 50 feet and a place for fans to congregate before or during games.

At the moment it's only concrete with stacks of cinderblocks and equipment strewn about, but when finished, Jurich said it would be his favorite part of the expansion.

“The terrace is really unique. Our fans are going to really enjoy that area,” he said. “It's really festive, has great sight lines and will be a great place for people to gather.”

Fashioned after the expanded end-zone area in Raymond James Stadium — home of South Florida and the Tampa Bay Buccaneers — the terrace can hold up to 2,500 people and will connect both sides of the stadium.

I wish more stadiums had party decks. I could care less about a seat at some games. I can watch the game on the scoreboard and talk to all my friends instead of just the 2 people next to me.
04-16-2010 06:14 AM
CardHouse Offline
1st String

I Root For: UofL
(04-14-2010 10:08 AM)bitcruncher Wrote:  I'll post it again...
bitcruncher Wrote:Why do we have to have a new thread every time somebody runs across an article on the PJS expansion. Don't you guys know how to post in a previous thread? We now have at least 4 threads on this very same subject. IMO, that's f#ck!ng rediculous... 03-banghead
The next person to start a new thread on this same subject is going to be in deep sh!t - head downwards...

LOL bit, and this is coming from a poster who opens a topic about a WV athlete if they sneeze; you are the king of opening WV topics that nobody on a Big East board cares about and belong on a WV board.....LOL.
04-17-2010 10:11 PM
Thread Closed 

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.