Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

Is another Calipari team about to choke?
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
Is another Calipari team about to choke?
One of the most overrated coaches in the country could lose to a shorthanded WVU team. How can a team with a potential 4 lottery picks, lose?
03-27-2010 08:03 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

I Root For: West Virginia
RE: Is another Calipari team about to choke?
It wasn't a choke, unless the Mountaineers shoving their defense down Kentucky's throat is a choking...
03-27-2010 09:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(03-27-2010 09:03 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  It wasn't a choke, unless the Mountaineers shoving their defense down Kentucky's throat is a choking...

don't get me wrong, WVU was tough and i was rooting for them, but it's a choke. he had by far the most talented team in the country and WVU was missing their starting PG. that's a letdown. 4 potential lottery picks, and 2 of the top 3 picks.
03-27-2010 10:49 PM
georgia_tech_swagger Offline
Res publica non dominetur

I Root For: GT, USCU, FU, WYO

SkunkworksFolding@NCAAbbsNCAAbbs LUGCrappies
(03-27-2010 10:49 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  
(03-27-2010 09:03 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  It wasn't a choke, unless the Mountaineers shoving their defense down Kentucky's throat is a choking...

don't get me wrong, WVU was tough and i was rooting for them, but it's a choke. he had by far the most talented team in the country and WVU was missing their starting PG. that's a letdown. 4 potential lottery picks, and 2 of the top 3 picks.

On the balance, I think Paul Hewitt's talent was pretty close, and the results were ALOT worse.
03-27-2010 11:31 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(03-27-2010 11:31 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  

On the balance, I think Paul Hewitt's talent was pretty close, and the results were ALOT worse.

umm, no. john wall, cousins, patterson and bledsoe are #'s 1, 4, 13 and 14 on chad ford's big board. favors is 3 and that's it for tech in the top 20. do they even have another potential first rounder? i'd say kentucky has far more talent.
03-28-2010 12:29 AM
T-Monay820 Offline
Get Rotor-vated!

I Root For: Duke, VPI
This Kentucky squad may be one of the best teams (easily the best one in my memory) not to win the Tournament.
03-28-2010 01:30 AM
Advertisement

(03-28-2010 12:29 AM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  
(03-27-2010 11:31 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  

umm, no. john wall, cousins, patterson and bledsoe are #'s 1, 4, 13 and 14 on chad ford's big board. favors is 3 and that's it for tech in the top 20. do they even have another potential first rounder? i'd say kentucky has far more talent.

Gani Lawal will be a first rounder. And GT goes a legit 8 deep on NBA talent. GT's bench could start at over half of Division I.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2010 01:42 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
03-28-2010 01:41 PM
TheDancinMonarch Offline
All American

I Root For: Old Dominion
Choke now or NCAA probation later. Either one will work.
03-28-2010 01:49 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

Kentucky is talented, to be sure. But it's not like WVU is composed of chumps. Da'Sean Butler, Devin Ebanks, and Kevin Jones will all be playing in the NBA shortly, and they had a wealth of experience to draw upon after playing one of the most difficult schedules in the nation, as well as playing the diverse assemblage of teams within The BEast. The Mountaineers were the more seasoned team, and it showed...
03-28-2010 02:03 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
do any of you ever watch the NBA? it doesn't sound like it. If da'sean butler, devin ebanks or kevin jones ever start on an NBA team i'd be surprised.

and yes, i know WVU is a really good team, but Kentucky has NBA all star talent
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2010 02:21 PM by flyingswoosh.)
03-28-2010 02:21 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
Quote:Gani Lawal will be a first rounder. And GT goes a legit 8 deep on NBA talent. GT's bench could start at over half of Division I.

never heard of him, but it sounds like he will be a first rounder. but 8 deep on NBA talent? are you saying that all 8 will play in the NBA?

and ok, GT has a lot of talent, i'm not really sure what your point is. It's still a choke by calipari. he didn't even make the final 4. When you compare him to tom izzo, it's not even close. I can only think of two MSU players in the NBA (shannon brown and zach randolph) and only randolph is really good. Brown is a decent bench player for the lakers.

on a side note, i'd feel really bad for Favors if he gets drafted by Don Nelson. That place is where talented, athletic, big men go to die.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2010 02:30 PM by flyingswoosh.)
03-28-2010 02:25 PM
Advertisement

(03-28-2010 02:25 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  never heard of him, but it sounds like he will be a first rounder. but 8 deep on NBA talent? are you saying that all 8 will play in the NBA?

and ok, GT has a lot of talent, i'm not really sure what your point is. It's still a choke by calipari. he didn't even make the final 4. When you compare him to tom izzo, it's not even close. I can only think of two MSU players in the NBA (shannon brown and zach randolph) and only randolph is really good. Brown is a decent bench player for the lakers.

on a side note, i'd feel really bad for Favors if he gets drafted by Don Nelson. That place is where talented, athletic, big men go to die.

The point is, KY dominated the regular season and still went deep into the tourney. GT had a losing record in a down ACC, and lost very early in the tourney. If you want the king of underachievers, you want Paul Hewitt.
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2010 03:09 PM by georgia_tech_swagger.)
03-28-2010 03:09 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(03-28-2010 03:09 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  
(03-28-2010 02:25 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  never heard of him, but it sounds like he will be a first rounder. but 8 deep on NBA talent? are you saying that all 8 will play in the NBA?

The point is, KY dominated the regular season and still went deep into the tourney. GT had a losing record in a down ACC, and lost very early in the tourney. If you want the king of underachievers, you want Paul Hewitt.

sure, paul hewitt sucks as a coach, but it's not exactly even up. I dont think there's an analyst in the world who would tell you GT had better talent than kentucky.

and btw, tom izzo is a genius. loses his best player and still makes it to the final 4. if he had the best talent, he'd win a ton of championships.
03-28-2010 03:37 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

(03-28-2010 02:21 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  do any of you ever watch the NBA? it doesn't sound like it. If da'sean butler, devin ebanks or kevin jones ever start on an NBA team i'd be surprised.

Kentucky's NBA all-star talent didn't look so talented last night, and it was WVU that made that happen...

I don't know if Butler will start or not. He's capable. His size makes him a tweener whose best prospect is most likely at shooting guard. But his all around game will make him a valuable addition for any team. The diversity of Butler's skill set will lead him to success...

Ebanks will start for whatever NBA team signs him. He's a lock down defender with better defensive skills than many current NBA players, and might even be a lottery pick if he declared this year. I think he needs another year at WVU to polish his game a bit more. But Ebanks could start from day one, whenever he decides to declare...

Kevin Jones will start for somebody in the NBA when he finishes his career in Morgantown. He's not flashy, and a lot of what he does for the team isn't glamorous. But he does the dirty work in a workman-like manner, consistently and without complaint. He's an excellent defender, and a good outside shooter (40.6% from 3) as well. Jones will be an excellent small forward for some team. I think he'll stick around Morgantown for the full 4 years of eligibility. But when he gets to the NBA, he'll start...
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2010 03:58 PM by bitcruncher.)
03-28-2010 03:58 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(03-28-2010 03:58 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  
(03-28-2010 02:21 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  do any of you ever watch the NBA? it doesn't sound like it. If da'sean butler, devin ebanks or kevin jones ever start on an NBA team i'd be surprised.

Kentucky's NBA all-star talent didn't look so talented last night, and it was WVU that made that happen...

I don't know if Butler will start or not. He's capable. His size makes him a tweener whose best prospect is most likely at shooting guard. But his all around game will make him a valuable addition for any team. The diversity of Butler's skill set will lead him to success...

Ebanks will start for whatever NBA team signs him. He's a lock down defender with better defensive skills than many current NBA players, and might even be a lottery pick if he declared this year. I think he needs another year at WVU to polish his game a bit more. But Ebanks could start from day one, whenever he decides to declare...

Kevin Jones will start for somebody in the NBA when he finishes his career in Morgantown. He's not flashy, and a lot of what he does for the team isn't glamorous. But he does the dirty work in a workman-like manner, consistently and without complaint. He's an excellent defender, and a good outside shooter (40.6% from 3) as well. Jones will be an excellent small forward for some team. I think he'll stick around Morgantown for the full 4 years of eligibility. But when he gets to the NBA, he'll start...

good god, i know WVU played great! i'm not trying to take anything away from them. as i said, i was rooting for them all the way. i am a big east fan after all. but the fact of the matter is, calipari isn't much of a coach.

i would love to see the team these guys will start for.
03-28-2010 04:01 PM
bitcruncher Offline
pepperoni roll psycho...

If you question Calipari, then you'll love this...
(This post was last modified: 03-28-2010 04:27 PM by bitcruncher.)
03-28-2010 04:26 PM
Advertisement

flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(03-28-2010 04:26 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  If you question Calipari, then you'll love this...

when are these hitler videos gonna die?
03-28-2010 04:51 PM
RaiderATO Offline
Puddin' Stick

I Root For: MiddleTennessee
(03-28-2010 03:09 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  If you want the king of underachievers, you want Paul Hewitt.

I guess you're hoping his agent doesn't use this line when talking to St. Johns.
03-28-2010 06:30 PM
flyingswoosh Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Crappies
(03-28-2010 06:30 PM)Raider_ATO Wrote:  
(03-28-2010 03:09 PM)georgia_tech_swagger Wrote:  If you want the king of underachievers, you want Paul Hewitt.

I guess you're hoping his agent doesn't use this line when talking to St. Johns.

hewitt already turned us down. you're a little late
03-28-2010 07:17 PM
BlazerFromMD Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UAB, USNA
(03-28-2010 04:51 PM)flyingswoosh Wrote:  
(03-28-2010 04:26 PM)bitcruncher Wrote:  If you question Calipari, then you'll love this...

when are these hitler videos gonna die?

Burning couches?

I thought that was just a Maryland tradition! 05-stirthepot
03-29-2010 12:20 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.