I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
2010-11 OoC Schedule
As of 8/5: (Completed)

Confirmed:

2 Non-DI exhibitions

Nov. 12th @ Kentucky
Nov. 15th @ Murray State
Nov. 20th vs. Tennessee Tech (Homecoming)
Dec. 1st: @ Dayton
Dec 22-24th @ Cancun Tournament (Round 1 vs. Southern Miss) (Round 2 vs. Northeastern / St Louis)
vs. Milligan
@ Ole Miss
@ Mississippi State
@ College of Charleston
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2010 04:37 PM by ETSUfan1.)
03-19-2010 09:33 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Meanmike0001 Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU
RE: 2010-11 OoC Schedule
I saw Shulman in an interview say that UTC, ETSU and Tenn Tech had signed a 3-way contract for the next 4 years. Each year each team would play 1 on the road and 1 at home.
03-20-2010 09:50 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ETSUfan1 Offline
SoCon / ETSU Mod

I Root For: ETSU Football

Donators
I remember this. So we will be @ Tech. Man, I hope we have some home games next year.
03-20-2010 10:46 AM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
BucNut22 Offline
All American

I Root For: ETSU, MICH, UC
If George Shinn really wanted to help ETSU he would have sprung for us to provide a monetary incentive so we could bring in a major opponent.
03-20-2010 12:30 PM
Mister Jennings Offline
1st String

(03-20-2010 09:50 AM)Meanmike0001 Wrote:  I saw Shulman in an interview say that UTC, ETSU and Tenn Tech had signed a 3-way contract for the next 4 years. Each year each team would play 1 on the road and 1 at home.

Where is MTSU? Oh yeah...they are in the Sun Belt. They cannot play schools from piddly conferences.

We need a major donor to step up and finance a move to the Sun Belt. It will help ETSU way beyond athletics...it will give us an image as a major player. I'm shocked that UTC went for this. It be different if Memphis, Vanderbilt, Tennessee, MTSU were apart. ETSU needs to separate itself from the Tennessee Tech's of this world...no offense Golden Eagles...afterall you play football.
03-20-2010 12:41 PM
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

I Root For: Justice
Mister- Here! Here!
03-21-2010 11:13 AM
Advertisement

PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

Okay, you know who I want to play next year?

Kentucky. Schedule it in Lexington. I don't care.

Say what you will about the near impossibility of beating them.

I don't like the idea of losing to an opponent with a fan base in our home market and then just licking our wounds and going back to the likes of playing mid-majors.
03-21-2010 11:26 AM
BucNut22 Offline
All American

(03-21-2010 11:26 AM)PittsburghBucs Wrote:  Okay, you know who I want to play next year?

I don't like the idea of losing to an opponent with a fan base in our home market and then just licking our wounds and going back to the likes of playing mid-majors.
Calipari has no interest in playing ETSU, he said as much in an interview earlier this year.
03-21-2010 11:28 AM
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

See, this is where Deion Sanders needs to be named the new Athletic Director of ETSU.

Or SOMEONE LIKE THAT.

Someone who is not afraid of saying "WHAT? Calipari? Are you DUCKING ETSU? You beat us by 30 for crying out loud!" publicly and creating attention.

Because to be honest, if ETSU is ever going to be where we want them to be, the administration is going to have to make public comments like that.

I hearby now VOLUNTEER MY SERVICES to ETSU to schedule a game with Kentucky.

Consider-

Two Western PA guys. I have ties with all of Calipari's old buddies from Moon.

We can just get this thing DONE!

Bartow can PM me here. We'll all get together, Bartow, Calipari, and myself at Wings, Suds, and Spuds across from Moon High School and hammer this thing out!

And yes, I am dead serious.
03-21-2010 11:40 AM
BucNut22 Offline
All American

(03-21-2010 11:40 AM)PittsburghBucs Wrote:  See, this is where Deion Sanders needs to be named the new Athletic Director of ETSU.

Or SOMEONE LIKE THAT.

Someone who is not afraid of saying "WHAT? Calipari? Are you DUCKING ETSU? You beat us by 30 for crying out loud!" publicly and creating attention.

Because to be honest, if ETSU is ever going to be where we want them to be, the administration is going to have to make public comments like that.

I hearby now VOLUNTEER MY SERVICES to ETSU to schedule a game with Kentucky.

Consider-

Two Western PA guys. I have ties with all of Calipari's old buddies from Moon.

We can just get this thing DONE!

Bartow can PM me here. We'll all get together, Bartow, Calipari, and myself at Wings, Suds, and Spuds across from Moon High School and hammer this thing out!

And yes, I am dead serious.
Doesn't work, Xavier has been calling out Ohio State for years to play them in basketball. The only reason the two teams have played is because the selection committee put them in the same region.

Xavier comes off looking pathetic and ETSU would look the same. ETSU is in no position to be calling out anyone coming off a 29pt loss.
03-21-2010 12:10 PM
RodShaw2 Offline
Heisman

I Root For:
This is the first thing I thought of when I read ETSU should be calling Kentucky.

Quote:Black Knight: None shall pass.
Arthur: What?
Black Knight: None shall pass.
Arthur: I have no quarrel with you, good Sir Knight, but I must cross this bridge.
Black Knight: Then you shall die.
Arthur: I command you as King of the Britons to stand aside!
Black Knight: I move for no man.
Arthur: So be it!

Arthur cuts off the Black Knight's left arm.

Arthur: Now stand aside, worthy adversary.
Black Knight: 'Tis but a scratch.
Arthur: A scratch? Your arm's off!
Black Knight: No, it isn't.
Arthur: Well, what's that then?
Black Knight: I've had worse.
Arthur: You liar!
Black Knight: Come on you pansy!

Arthur cuts off the Black Knight's right arm.

Arthur: Victory is mine! We thank thee Lord, that in thy mercy...

Black Knight: Come on then.
Arthur: What?
Black Knight: Have at you!
Arthur: You are indeed brave, Sir Knight, but the fight is mine.
Black Knight: Oh, had enough, eh?
Arthur: Look, you stupid bastard, you've got no arms left.
Black Knight: Yes I have.
Arthur: Look!
Black Knight: Just a flesh wound.
Arthur: Look, stop that.
Black Knight: Chicken! Chicken!
Arthur: Look, I'll have your leg. Right!

Arthur cuts off the Black Knight's leg.

Black Knight: Right, I'll do you for that!
Arthur: You'll what?
Black Knight: Come 'ere!
Arthur: What are you going to do, bleed on me?
Black Knight: I'm invincible!
Arthur: You're a loony.
Black Knight: The Black Knight always triumphs! Have at you! Come on then.

Arthur cuts off the Black Knight's other leg.

Black Knight: All right; we'll call it a draw.
Arthur: Come, Patsy.
Black Knight: Oh, oh, I see, running away then. You yellow bastard! Come back here and take what's coming to you. I'll bite your legs off!
03-21-2010 12:53 PM
Advertisement

youngbuc Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: ETSU, USC Cocks
(03-21-2010 11:26 AM)PittsburghBucs Wrote:  Okay, you know who I want to play next year?

Schedule it in Lexington???hhahahaha yeah we've got a great shot of bring kentucky to the mini-dome. while we're at it lets get deion sanders as our AD???? no lets get MICHAEL JORDAN AS OUR AD!!!!! YYYEEESSSSSSSS then everyone will know about ETSU
03-21-2010 01:34 PM
Mister Jennings Offline
1st String

(03-21-2010 01:34 PM)youngbuc Wrote:  

Schedule it in Lexington???hhahahaha yeah we've got a great shot of bring kentucky to the mini-dome. while we're at it lets get deion sanders as our AD???? no lets get MICHAEL JORDAN AS OUR AD!!!!! YYYEEESSSSSSSS then everyone will know about ETSU

You don't really think he was being literal do you? It's hard to grab sarcasm or facetiousness in writing but those kinds of statements are made on here all the time and people take them literally. I don't even want to pretend to know what goes on in his mind...but I think his thought is that we have played Kentucky before...they may need some fodder to abuse in their early out of conference schedule....like we do playing Milligan. Bartow has a relationship with Calipari. I think its a great idea. I would rather play a top 10 team and get killed. It lets you know where you stand...exposes your flaws, gets your name out there, excites recruits...and perhaps someday we could pull off a shocker. ETSU has done it before.
03-21-2010 03:01 PM
PittsburghBucs Offline
Banned

That's exactly what I'm talking about, Mister.
03-21-2010 04:41 PM
BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
(03-20-2010 12:30 PM)BucNut22 Wrote:  If George Shinn really wanted to help ETSU he would have sprung for us to provide a monetary incentive so we could bring in a major opponent.

Isn't that what he did?

I have never heard that Shinn restricted the use of the proceeds from the NBA game. How the funds are used are up to the ETSU Athletic Department. They could choose to use the funds as incentive for a major, it's up to them.
03-21-2010 05:18 PM
MeetMrTubbs Offline
2nd String

I Root For: ETSU Basketball
Ok time to ask a stupid question...how is Shinn tied to ETSU?
03-21-2010 05:29 PM
Advertisement

BucDoctor Offline
All American

I Root For: UVa, ETSU
(03-21-2010 05:29 PM)MeetMrTubbs Wrote:  Ok time to ask a stupid question...how is Shinn tied to ETSU?

I only know what I read in the local media: he owns a farm in Telford, spends a considerable amount of time there, and enjoys attending Bucs basketball games.

Do others know of more connections?
03-21-2010 05:47 PM
bucfan1968 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
(03-21-2010 05:47 PM)BucDoctor Wrote:  
(03-21-2010 05:29 PM)MeetMrTubbs Wrote:  Ok time to ask a stupid question...how is Shinn tied to ETSU?

I only know what I read in the local media: he owns a farm in Telford, spends a considerable amount of time there, and enjoys attending Bucs basketball games.

Do others know of more connections?

He's bringing NBA game to the dome.
03-21-2010 06:09 PM
bucfan1968 Offline
1st String

I Root For: ETSU Bucs
MTSU won't play us because we won the last series we had with them, and they probably don't want to schedule any more ASun teams because they are too busy losing to Belmont.
03-21-2010 06:19 PM
BucNut22 Offline
All American

(03-21-2010 05:18 PM)BucDoctor Wrote:  
(03-20-2010 12:30 PM)BucNut22 Wrote:  If George Shinn really wanted to help ETSU he would have sprung for us to provide a monetary incentive so we could bring in a major opponent.

Isn't that what he did?

I have never heard that Shinn restricted the use of the proceeds from the NBA game. How the funds are used are up to the ETSU Athletic Department. They could choose to use the funds as incentive for a major, it's up to them.
If seating is capped at 5,600 there won't be enough when you take out the money tied up to other places. The game isn't just a fun raiser for basketball, in fact I don't think that is the primary reason for the game.
03-21-2010 08:31 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.