Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

What is common among toruney teams?
Bookmark and Share
chihuskie Offline
Heisman

I Root For: NIU Huskies
What is common among toruney teams?
From watching a lot of games, here is what I see. Players that can play defense; players that can shoot well (from the field, from 3, and from the foul line); players that play smart; and players that are strong; and teams that are well coached. What hope do we have to improve in each of these areas? Or any one of these areas?
03-19-2010 01:27 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

7 Offline
The Pride of the Midwest

I Root For: NIU
RE: What is common among toruney teams?
Good players.
03-19-2010 02:00 PM
klake87 Offline
Hall of Famer

Teams with a winning record.
03-19-2010 02:02 PM
Advertisement

armour248 Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For:
Didn't lose 10 conference games in a row
03-19-2010 02:07 PM
Dog Fan Offline
Hall of Famer

Donators
(03-19-2010 01:27 PM)chihuskie Wrote:  From watching a lot of games, here is what I see. Players that can play defense; players that can shoot well (from the field, from 3, and from the foul line); players that play smart; and players that are strong; and teams that are well coached. What hope do we have to improve in each of these areas? Or any one of these areas?

I think we need to improve in all areas. On defense, we need to learn how to play man-to-man and not give up 90+ points a game doing it. No question that we need to shoot much better: from the field, from the 3, and free throws). Yes, we also need to play smarter and stronger. With all due respect, I do not think all this can be accomplished with the current group. We need new players who can solve these problems. No doubt we need new coaches who can coach the players better and game coach better. At this point, though, I am not sure what a new coach can do to teach the players how to make buckets. I think that missing all the baskets has become a psychological issue with these players. We have seen the free throw problem for several years now. Maybe a good coach will be better able to get into their heads and effect an overall team attitude adjustment that can solve a lot of our problems.
03-19-2010 02:11 PM
Advertisement

NIU05 Offline
Heisman

I Root For: TRUTH
Focused. Mentally tough and disciplined, especially effective when players have TALENT. Focused really is about HC being an effective teacher/communicator.
03-20-2010 01:04 PM
niu79 Offline
All American

What stands out about teams like Northern Iowa, Butler and Cornell is that they play smart basketball, something we haven't seen in DeKalb in 15 years.
03-21-2010 06:03 PM
Advertisement

NIUSAE Offline
All American

I Root For:
Play great defense, shoot well, be mentally tough, that's about all you need to be a very good to great team. Simple, why aren't we there?
03-21-2010 07:54 PM
chihuskie Offline
Heisman

A year later and we have improved in all of these areas. Oh, wait, no we haven't. We've improved in none of these areas.
02-14-2011 08:59 AM
HuskieJ Offline
No 1 Illness Hater

I Root For: NIU Only
players taller than 6' 6"
02-14-2011 10:17 AM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.