Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

You would think KUAR would give the UALR women the same press they gave UAPB?
Bookmark and Share
TroJams Offline
Special Teams

I Root For: Little Rock
You would think KUAR would give the UALR women the same press they gave UAPB?
I guess they don't want to seem biased.

UAPB to represent Arkansas in NCAA tourney

UAPB Clinches Berth In NCAA Tournament

The last UALR sports story they have is when Stevie Moore was kicked of the team over a year ago!
(This post was last modified: 03-16-2010 07:42 PM by TroJams.)
03-16-2010 07:41 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

Robert C Offline
littlerocktrojans.com

I Root For: LR,Tulsa
RE: You would think KUAR would give the UALR women the same press they gave UAPB?
(03-16-2010 07:41 PM)TroJams Wrote:  I guess they don't want to seem biased.

UAPB to represent Arkansas in NCAA tourney

UAPB Clinches Berth In NCAA Tournament

The last UALR sports story they have is when Stevie Moore was kicked of the team over a year ago!

somebody needs to be *****-slapped over at KUAR. That' sjust lame and dumb. Cover the Trojans.
03-17-2010 06:39 PM
Visit this user's website Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
ez272 Offline
1st String

RE: You would think KUAR would give the UALR women the same press they gave UAPB?
It's women's basketball. Who cares?
I care, but look at this board, 95 percent of the posts are about the men. Why do you expect KUAR to do any better.
03-19-2010 07:35 PM
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(03-19-2010 07:35 PM)ez272 Wrote:  It's women's basketball. Who cares?
I care, but look at this board, 95 percent of the posts are about the men. Why do you expect KUAR to do any better.

True, and I also prefer men's basketball more, but I've become a big fan of the girls, and of Joe Foley. If you really want to support a team that's more likely to win and be successful in LR, you'd probably be wise to go with Joe. At this point in time, I'll have to decide what I want to do. While it would be hard to break a twenty something year ritual, I just don't know if I can continue to support a program that evidently doesn't have the high standards I want from my team. I've got a lot of thinking to do this summer. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation. I've watched people drop out of support for the program for twenty years, and very few new ones come in.
03-19-2010 09:22 PM
ez272 Offline
1st String

I understand. For the past four years I have always thought the women play much harder than the men. But this year was different. I saw a lot of effort from the men, they played hard. Just didn't get the same results. I still think that if this state is going to have two top 25 programs, LR is one of the two. One day it will happen.
03-19-2010 09:28 PM
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-19-2010 09:28 PM)ez272 Wrote:  I understand. For the past four years I have always thought the women play much harder than the men. But this year was different. I saw a lot of effort from the men, they played hard. Just didn't get the same results. I still think that if this state is going to have two top 25 programs, LR is one of the two. One day it will happen.

I agree, if we ever get the right coach.
(This post was last modified: 03-19-2010 09:31 PM by LRTrojan.)
03-19-2010 09:30 PM
LR Alum Offline
1st String

I Root For: UALR
(03-19-2010 09:22 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  

True, and I also prefer men's basketball more, but I've become a big fan of the girls, and of Joe Foley. If you really want to support a team that's more likely to win and be successful in LR, you'd probably be wise to go with Joe. At this point in time, I'll have to decide what I want to do. While it would be hard to break a twenty something year ritual, I just don't know if I can continue to support a program that evidently doesn't have the high standards I want from my team. I've got a lot of thinking to do this summer. I'm sure I'm not the only one in this situation. I've watched people drop out of support for the program for twenty years, and very few new ones come in.

Foley and his ladies over the past few seasons have gotten me back into women's basketball. I somewhat followed girls ball before because I had one sis play ball up to high school and another that played up to the JUCO level. I still like the men's game better but the ladies/girls game has came a long way from when my sisters played. Some of these girls now are better then some men and they have became more athletic. I guess it's the Tyson chicken. Plus I think the stigma of girls playing basketball is slowly fading as far as parents not wanting their little girls playing a boy sport. You can even tell at the high school level that people are starting to go to girls games because I remember in the late 80s and 90s the gyms would pratically be empty now I go to some girls high school game prior the boys games and the gyms will be at least half full. And if you go around to the parks or rec centers and you will see girls playing pick up games with boys. I guess I say all that to say that the girls game is starting to pick up fans because the product is getting better. It is still not enough parity i.e. UCONN, Tennessee, etc. but there are alot of girls in the pipeline that will become superstars in the future and attract more than lady fans.
(This post was last modified: 03-20-2010 10:33 AM by LR Alum.)
03-20-2010 10:30 AM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
(03-19-2010 09:22 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  

I'll be honest. I enjoy watching the girls, but I'm not going to spend what I spend each year to watch the girls play. I signed up for men's basketball 20 years ago, and that's what I'm interested in. If the girl's team is going to be the focus of our attention, then I'm out of here. If Joe Foley becomes the men's coach, then I'll be happy to support the program. But the men's game is what it's about. I love the girls, but not to the extent of putting up with a lousy men's program.01-lauramac2
03-20-2010 10:36 AM
TroJams Offline
Special Teams

Cool I stand corrected! Thank you KUAR
03-20-2010 10:53 AM
Advertisement

ez272 Offline
1st String

This is why I support the women's tickets being tied to men's season ticket sales. A lot of people will not buy women's tickets and if they don't they never see the women play. But if you put the ticket in their hand, they might go. And if they go they will see a bunch of girls who not only work their butts off for a great coach, they play very, very hard with a lot of passion. That is how support is built.
The men may have won 20 games and the west division last year, but they were not much fun to watch. IMO they did not play hard. This year the men lost 20 games, but they played hard most of the season, were in most of the games and were more fun to watch.
Over the past 4 years can you name one player on the men's team that has put out the effort game after game that Kim Sitzman has? She was a PG as a freshman, shooting guard as a sophomore and moved to the small forward position her junior and senior years where she was a supporting cast member for the Chasity Reed Show. Over 4 years I have seen more men's players who would just walk off the floor if they were asked to take a back seat. Go Trojans, BEAT TECH!
03-20-2010 11:15 AM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-20-2010 11:15 AM)ez272 Wrote:  This is why I support the women's tickets being tied to men's season ticket sales. A lot of people will not buy women's tickets and if they don't they never see the women play. But if you put the ticket in their hand, they might go. And if they go they will see a bunch of girls who not only work their butts off for a great coach, they play very, very hard with a lot of passion. That is how support is built.
The men may have won 20 games and the west division last year, but they were not much fun to watch. IMO they did not play hard. This year the men lost 20 games, but they played hard most of the season, were in most of the games and were more fun to watch.
Over the past 4 years can you name one player on the men's team that has put out the effort game after game that Kim Sitzman has? She was a PG as a freshman, shooting guard as a sophomore and moved to the small forward position her junior and senior years where she was a supporting cast member for the Chasity Reed Show. Over 4 years I have seen more men's players who would just walk off the floor if they were asked to take a back seat. Go Trojans, BEAT TECH!

It worked for me. I'd probably never gone to many games had it not been for the combo tickets. And Kim Sitzman, she'll always be one of my favorites. Nobody plays the game any harder than she does, and is the ultimate team player. She's going to be hard to replace. Good luck Kim, I'd like to see you come back here and coach for Foley.
03-20-2010 01:05 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.