Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

We're now #5 Isn't that special.
Bookmark and Share
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
We're now #5 Isn't that special.
Guess you'd have to say now the pecking order is probably Arkansas, Arkansas State, UCA, UAPB and UALR. Good for us. We've turned a golden opportunity into a rotten egg. I'm so pissed I could spit nails. Had a positive change been made as soon as our tournament was over, I wouldn't feel so bad, but we have obviously decided, or at least it appears that way, to be satisfied to be a stepchild to the U of A. Obviously ASU and UCA aren't content to do that.

The argument can be made that we've won some division championships.
Big ******* deal. We play an uninspired style of basketball. Can't recruit good players. Can't get on TV. What is up with this crap? Any AD worth his salt would have grabbed this season's performance to take the opportunity to make a positive change.

Unless something unexpected happens, this program will be mired in the mud for another season, and maybe more, while our competitors are leaving us in the dust. No excuse. I don't know who's running the show at UALR. I believe it's someone higher up than Chris, because from his comments last year, we were led to believe there would be a change this year if we didn't perform, and boy did we "NOT" perform. This program cannot survive on the women's program. Most people are interested in the men's program, and if we can't compete, we won't be able to support the women's team. Now I know how the blacksmiths probably felt when the automobile came in. 03-banghead
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2010 11:17 AM by outsideualr.)
03-13-2010 09:16 AM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

mjs Offline
Hall of Famer

RE: We're now #4. Isn't that special.
(03-13-2010 09:16 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  Guess you'd have to say now the pecking order is probably Arkansas, Arkansas State, UCA, UAPB and UALR. Good for us. We've turned a golden opportunity into a rotten egg. I'm so pissed I could spit nails. Had a positive change been made as soon as our tournament was over, I wouldn't feel so bad, but we have obviously decided, or at least it appears that way, to be satisfied to be a stepchild to the U of A. Obviously ASU and UCA aren't content to do that.

Big ******* deal. We play an uninspired style of basketball. Can't recruit good players. Can't get on TV. What is up with this crap? Any AD worth his salt would have grabbed this season's performance to take the opportunity to make a positive change.

Unless something unexpected happens, this program will be mired in the mud for another season, and maybe more, while our competitors are leaving us in the dust. No excuse. I don't know who's running the show at UALR. I believe it's someone higher up than Chris, because from his comments last year, we were led to believe there would be a change this year if we didn't perform, and boy did we "NOT" perform. This program cannot survive on the women's program. Most people are interested in the men's program, and if we can't compete, we won't be able to support the women's team. Now I know how the blacksmiths probably felt when the automobile came in. 03-banghead

How about giving it a rest. We won 20 games 2 straight years and had one bad season. Name another coach who was fired after one bad season?
03-13-2010 10:08 AM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-13-2010 10:08 AM)mjs Wrote:  
(03-13-2010 09:16 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  Guess you'd have to say now the pecking order is probably Arkansas, Arkansas State, UCA, UAPB and UALR. Good for us. We've turned a golden opportunity into a rotten egg. I'm so pissed I could spit nails. Had a positive change been made as soon as our tournament was over, I wouldn't feel so bad, but we have obviously decided, or at least it appears that way, to be satisfied to be a stepchild to the U of A. Obviously ASU and UCA aren't content to do that.

How about giving it a rest. We won 20 games 2 straight years and had one bad season. Name another coach who was fired after one bad season?

Wow. You'd have probably been one of those who would stayed on the Titanic because there is no way that ship could sink. "Hey. We only hit one iceberg". It's not about one bad season. It's about no sustained progress. And 'THREE" bad seasons in the last five years. I don't buy this 'ONE' bad season. Sorry. Doesn't hold water. Of course, neither did the Titanic.04-bow
(This post was last modified: 03-13-2010 12:23 PM by outsideualr.)
03-13-2010 10:23 AM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(03-13-2010 10:23 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  

Wow. You'd have probably been one of those who would stayed on the Titanic because there is no way that ship could sink. "Hey. We only hit one iceberg". It's not about one bad season. It's about no sustained progress. And 'THREE" bad seasons in the last five years. I don't buy this 'ONE' bad season. Sorry. Doesn't hold water. Of course, neither did the Titanic.04-cheers

I know for a fact that Mickey is without a doubt one of our best fans, but I would really like him to tell us(and I've asked this question many times),how many years years does he think Shields gets? What is his expectations of this program? Do you want it to be maybe just a little higher quality than a intramural program?
03-13-2010 11:11 AM
Advertisement

outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(03-13-2010 11:11 AM)LRTrojan Wrote:  

Wow. You'd have probably been one of those who would stayed on the Titanic because there is no way that ship could sink. "Hey. We only hit one iceberg". It's not about one bad season. It's about no sustained progress. And 'THREE" bad seasons in the last five years. I don't buy this 'ONE' bad season. Sorry. Doesn't hold water. Of course, neither did the Titanic.04-cheers

I know for a fact that Mickey is without a doubt one of our best fans, but I would really like him to tell us(and I've asked this question many times),how many years years does he think Shields gets? What is his expectations of this program? Do you want it to be maybe just a little higher quality than a intramural program?

He answered that question in reply to one of my posts. He grew up a New York Mets fan. That explains everything.04-cheers
03-13-2010 11:19 AM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(03-13-2010 11:19 AM)outsideualr Wrote:  
(03-13-2010 11:11 AM)LRTrojan Wrote:  

He answered that question in reply to one of my posts. He grew up a New York Mets fan. That explains everything.04-cheers

But the Mets eventually became a viable franchise, and won some World Series. Now, perhaps Mickey could be a Cubs fan.
03-13-2010 12:02 PM
Mr. Mediocrity Offline
Bench Warmer

I Root For: UALR TROJANS
RE: We're now #5 Isn't that special.

Time to get back on the meds?
03-13-2010 06:14 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.