Hello There, Guest! (LoginRegister)

20 years and counting.
Bookmark and Share
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR
20 years and counting.
No automatic postseason bid for UALR in 20 years. In other words, all these years I've been buying season tickets, and we've never had an bid to the NCAA. At least a few of you were around when Newell took us to the tournament, but that was just before my time.

It's difficult to believe that in all these years I've been following the Trojans, from Barton Coloseum, to Alltel Arena, to the Jack Stephens arena, that I've never seen a Trojan team make the NCAA. That's pretty pathetic, isn't it? I thought sure when our new arena was opened, we'd move up a notch in the pecking order of the Sun Belt, but it's the same old crap, year after year. Some of us old timers don't have a lot of years left, and I for one would sure like to see some changes made that would elevate this program to a little higher level.
I don't expect wins over Kentucky and Duke, but I sure as hell expect to beat all the Sun Belt teams some years, and it just ain't happening, and this year is the worst I can remember, other than Sidney's year.

Come on Chris. For goodness sakes, do what you know you have to do. We can't sit around forever waiting for a miracle. You pulled the trigger on the women's basketball program, and look where it is now. You pulled the trigger on the baseball program, and already it's starting to show promise. One more pull of the trigger is drastically needed. Don't punish our loyal fans by forcing us sit through another season like this one, or three out of the last five. I've talked to several, who won't put out their opinions publicly because they don't want to hurt someone's feelings. I sympathize with that, but if you don't know what a lot of fans (customers) are really thinking, nothing will ever get done.
I'm sorry to have to be one of the outspoken ones, but if someone doesn't speak out, nothing ever gets changed. Please don't put off the inevitable. Change can be painful, but sometimes it just has to be done.
And you're the only one who can deal with this problem. Please. Don't let us loyal fans down. LRTrojan. You've been outspoken about this for some time, and there are others who want a change, but are too embarrassed to say anything, so I hope this encourages some others that have expressed these same opinions to speak up on our regular message board if they don't like the way things are going. It's the American way, isn't it?04-cheers
02-27-2010 04:06 PM
Find all posts by this user Quote this message in a reply
Advertisement

LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
RE: 20 years and counting.
(02-27-2010 04:06 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  No automatic postseason bid for UALR in 20 years. In other words, all these years I've been buying season tickets, and we've never had an bid to the NCAA. At least a few of you were around when Newell took us to the tournament, but that was just before my time.

It's difficult to believe that in all these years I've been following the Trojans, from Barton Coloseum, to Alltel Arena, to the Jack Stephens arena, that I've never seen a Trojan team make the NCAA. That's pretty pathetic, isn't it? I thought sure when our new arena was opened, we'd move up a notch in the pecking order of the Sun Belt, but it's the same old crap, year after year. Some of us old timers don't have a lot of years left, and I for one would sure like to see some changes made that would elevate this program to a little higher level.
I don't expect wins over Kentucky and Duke, but I sure as hell expect to beat all the Sun Belt teams some years, and it just ain't happening, and this year is the worst I can remember, other than Sidney's year.

Come on Chris. For goodness sakes, do what you know you have to do. We can't sit around forever waiting for a miracle. You pulled the trigger on the women's basketball program, and look where it is now. You pulled the trigger on the baseball program, and already it's starting to show promise. One more pull of the trigger is drastically needed. Don't punish our loyal fans by forcing us sit through another season like this one, or three out of the last five. I've talked to several, who won't put out their opinions publicly because they don't want to hurt someone's feelings. I sympathize with that, but if you don't know what a lot of fans (customers) are really thinking, nothing will ever get done.
I'm sorry to have to be one of the outspoken ones, but if someone doesn't speak out, nothing ever gets changed. Please don't put off the inevitable. Change can be painful, but sometimes it just has to be done.
And you're the only one who can deal with this problem. Please. Don't let us loyal fans down. LRTrojan. You've been outspoken about this for some time, and there are others who want a change, but are too embarrassed to say anything, so I hope this encourages some others that have expressed these same opinions to speak up on our regular message board if they don't like the way things are going. It's the American way, isn't it?04-cheers

I couldn't have said it better. I too am one of those fans who doesn't know how many more seasons I've got left to see a conference championship.
02-27-2010 04:13 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-27-2010 04:13 PM)LRTrojan Wrote:  
(02-27-2010 04:06 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  No automatic postseason bid for UALR in 20 years. In other words, all these years I've been buying season tickets, and we've never had an bid to the NCAA. At least a few of you were around when Newell took us to the tournament, but that was just before my time.

I couldn't have said it better. I too am one of those fans who doesn't know how many more seasons I've got left to see a conference championship.

I'm beginning to think we're a tag team. But are we winning the match?
Guess we'll know fairly soon.04-rock
02-27-2010 04:16 PM
LR Alum Offline
1st String

As I posted a while back, I'm ready for a change because I don't think Shields can consistently recruit. Some have said he will definitely will be back next season. I'm not going to stress over it because I can continue to follow the Lady Trojans, ACC ball, and the NBA plus other things during basketball season. It is just hard for me to get excited about what I think will be another ugly season in 10-11. I may be proven wrong but it may be 2011-12 before we may see at least a .500 season.
02-27-2010 10:38 PM
Advertisement

eh9198 Offline
All American

I Root For: Little Rock
Coaching change or no, that would probably be the case.
02-28-2010 01:14 PM
outsideualr Offline
Hall of Famer

(02-28-2010 01:14 PM)eh9198 Wrote:  Coaching change or no, that would probably be the case.

Sometimes you have to take a step backwards in order to move forward.
04-cheers
02-28-2010 02:31 PM
LRTrojan Offline
Hall of Famer

I Root For: UALR Trojans
(02-28-2010 02:31 PM)outsideualr Wrote:  
(02-28-2010 01:14 PM)eh9198 Wrote:  Coaching change or no, that would probably be the case.

Sometimes you have to take a step backwards in order to move forward.
04-cheers

We damn sure took a GIANT STEP BACK this year.
02-28-2010 06:53 PM
arkstfan Away
Sorry folks

I Root For: Fresh Starts
Outside have you considered that you might be bad luck?
02-28-2010 10:39 PM

User(s) browsing this thread: 1 Guest(s)

Copyright © 2002-2024 Collegiate Sports Nation Bulletin Board System (CSNbbs), All Rights Reserved.
CSNbbs is an independent fan site and is in no way affiliated to the NCAA or any of the schools and conferences it represents.
This site monetizes links. FTC Disclosure.
We allow third-party companies to serve ads and/or collect certain anonymous information when you visit our web site. These companies may use non-personally identifiable information (e.g., click stream information, browser type, time and date, subject of advertisements clicked or scrolled over) during your visits to this and other Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services likely to be of greater interest to you. These companies typically use a cookie or third party web beacon to collect this information. To learn more about this behavioral advertising practice or to opt-out of this type of advertising, you can visit http://www.networkadvertising.org.